TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

14/07/13 - The Kingstone Press Championship 1 Match Thread

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 League Express

League Express
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:57 AM

Discuss all this week's Kingstone Press Championship 1 games here.

SUNDAY 14 JULY
Gateshead Thunder v Oxford    15:00
Gloucestershire All Golds v Hemel Stags    15:00
Oldham v South Wales Scorpions    15:00

League Express is Britain's biggest selling Rugby League publication
On sale every Monday, in shops, on subscription and online for PC/MAC, iPad, iPhone, Android & Kindle Fire.
Follow us on Twitter @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

#2 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:13 PM

I'm going to say Gateshead and Oxford will draw. Gloucestershire's winning run will come to an end, although they will get a bonus point, and Oldham will beat Scorpions comfortably. I hope Gateshead get a win and Hemel are my second team in this division so, I hope they keep up their promotion push. I will probably attend the Oldham game.

#3 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 733 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

I will go for wins for Oxford, Hemel and although I will be hoping that South Wales Scorpions can pull of a fabulous away win with no bonus point given away, I can only realistically predict an Oldham win.

#4 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:07 AM

With the Crusaders' away game at Skolars re-scheduled for Cup Final eve, Oldham will go top of the table if they beat South Wales.

#5 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:41 PM

Yes, and Crusaders next league game will be away at Oldham. Great game in prospect.

#6 League Express

League Express
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:28 PM

Gateshead Thunder v Oxford (3.00pm)

Gateshead Thunder coach Kevin Neighbour wants his men to replicate last week’s first half over a full 80 minutes.
Gateshead drew 12-12 with London Skolars during the first 40 minutes of the New River Stadium clash, but eventually lost 52-24.
Neighbour said: “We were the most powerful side in the first half.”
Oxford are only two places above Gateshead in the Kingstone Press Championship One table, but they are 12 points clear of their hosts.
Tony Benson’s men are set to travel without Lucas Onyango, who looks to have suffered a season-ending knee injury.
Dave Ellison (suspected broken jaw) is also missing, while Andrew Bentley (knee) and Valu Bentley (ankle) face late fitness checks after a bruising clash with Oldham.
Benson said: “Gateshead are not the Gateshead of old. They’re much stronger than they have been and we know exactly the challenge we’ll face on Sunday.”

Gloucestershire All Golds v Hemel Stags (3.00pm)

Confident Gloucestershire All Golds are aiming for three wins on the bounce when they host Hemel Stags on Sunday.
The All Golds lost their first nine Kingstone Press Championship One fixtures, but have since beaten Oxford and South Wales Scorpions.
And Hemel coach Troy Perkins admits those results have changed his side’s approach to Sunday’s fixture.
Perkins said: “They’re going to be full of confidence and they’ll be expecting to claim another scalp.
“Brad Hepi has picked up some decent players over the last few weeks and a good win last week will be spurring them on.
“From our point of view, their results can work as a bit of a positive because we’re not going to go in complacent, which may have happened if they were still without a win.”
Stags winger Christian Champion is facing up to six weeks on the sidelines after suffering a medial ligament injury against Rochdale Hornets.

Oldham v South Wales Scorpions (3.00pm)

Liam Gilchrist (calf) is a doubt for Oldham as Roughyeds coach Scott Naylor tries to overhaul North Wales Crusaders at the top of the Kingstone Press Championship One table.
Victory for Oldham would put them two points clear, but Naylor’s men would have played two games more than the Crusaders.
Naylor said: “As long as we keep winning, we’ll put North Wales under pressure. We’re on the run-in now and wins are what matter more than anything.”
Scorpions look set to be without Connor Farrer, David James and Phil Carleton, but Ben Moores and Billy Sheen return to Dave Clark’s squad.
Clark said: “The boys came up with their own short term goals for the remaining five fixtures.
“We are still confident of making the play-offs, we just need consistency in our game.”

League Express is Britain's biggest selling Rugby League publication
On sale every Monday, in shops, on subscription and online for PC/MAC, iPad, iPhone, Android & Kindle Fire.
Follow us on Twitter @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

#7 Number 7

Number 7
  • Coach
  • 146 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

I'd love to see, Billy Sheen have a cracking game and help Scorps turn over the Yeds this week, it will be close though.

Stags will be to good for the Golds.

and I predict a win for Thunder over Oxford.

I could be totally wrong on all counts of course  ;)

#8 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:47 PM

The Hemel Stags game has been called off due to no doctor being present.

Oops.

#9 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,379 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:03 PM

The Hemel Stags game has been called off due to no doctor being present.

Oops.

If the dcotor doesn't show, there's nothing you can do. I was a reserve official at a far more established club and the doctor got stuck in traffic after a bad accident - he arrived with 1 minute to go before kick off. The game would not have kicked off, and would ultimately have been abandoned, had he not arrived.

I'm not sure whether any doctor would do or whether they have to have any special training.

North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2015 - the hard work starts now

#10 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,379 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:01 PM

Well done Gateshead, 14-14 draw with Oxford.

North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2015 - the hard work starts now

#11 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,996 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:24 PM

Well done Gateshead, 14-14 draw with Oxford.

so near yet so far.

rldfsignature.jpg

#12 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:24 PM

Wow, I predicted a draw and got it right. I went to Oldham. Scorpions were winning at half time 22-18 but Oldham were always going to win it comfortably in the end. However, as a Crusaders fan I am not as worried about Crusaders playing there next as I was before watching this game. Oldham thoroughly deserved their win and have some talented players but if Crusaders play like they did against Rochdale it wall be an away win. Having said that, I don'rt watch Oldham every week so maybe they have more in the locker!

#13 stimpo-and-kat

stimpo-and-kat
  • Coach
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:04 PM

We drove from.Stoke to the all golds game. They had a qualified medic in the ground but the match.commissioner called the game off as he wasnt rfl registered

#14 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 5,050 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:55 PM

We drove from.Stoke to the all golds game. They had a qualified medic in the ground but the match.commissioner called the game off as he wasnt rfl registered

Whatever happened to common sense? If someone is qualified, they are qualified.

Sounds like a bleter at Gateshead.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#15 PhilCarrington

PhilCarrington
  • Coach
  • 215 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:43 PM

I think you'll find games have to have doctors not medics, however well qualified the medic may be.

#16 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:46 PM

Whatever happened to common sense? .

Lawyers, probably!

#17 stimpo-and-kat

stimpo-and-kat
  • Coach
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:05 PM

I think you'll find games have to have doctors not medics, however well qualified the medic may be.

Im not criticising the refs team for not letting the game go ahead. Rules is rules

#18 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,461 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:19 PM

Whatever happened to common sense?

It was enforced.

No RFL registered doctor, no match.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#19 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 5,050 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:42 PM

It was enforced.

Misread the initial statement. Thought the poster had said unregistered doctor.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#20 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,846 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:58 AM

It was enforced.

It's more complicated than that. I saw this unfold over a few hours from the press box, and the issue first raised its head about an hour before kick-off, though the situation got more frantic as 3pm approached.

The medic the All Golds had on call/at the ground is an experienced paramedic who had already been the "medical practitioner" (this is how it is worded in the RFL operational rules) at six other Championship One games this season, though this was his first game at Gloucestershire (for what it's worth, he was the Scorpions cover the previous week, which is how the All Golds found him when their usual doctor/medic wasn't around).

If he'd done six to eight matches this season previously, match commissioners must previously have said he was fine and his qualifications etc were up to scratch. So why is he now not eligible? And if the RFL had decided he was ineligible, why did it take until just before kick off to let the All Golds know?

At one point they had about 10 different people on phones trying to find another doctor. Eventually they found one, but by the time he/she turned up/was confirmed it was 3.35, and the cut-off point is 3.30.

There's more on this in League Express this morning, including quotes from the Stags and the All Golds. Lots of pointing the finger at the RFL (and in Hemel's case, the All Golds).
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users