Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

14/07/13 - The Kingstone Press Championship 1 Match Thread

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,855 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:16 AM

Okay, I shall reserve judgement
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#22 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:21 AM

Okay, I shall reserve judgement

We'll see what happens and what comes out over the next few days… whatever happened, the whole thing is a mess.I feel sorry for everyone involved - fans, players, officials at both clubs. Not what's needed when you're trying to promote the sport to newcomers, in a non-League area
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#23 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,770 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:21 PM

Do amateur games have doctor at every game?

What an absolute joke

#24 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:52 PM

Most amateur games don't even have qualified physio's, but that is because they simply could not afford them. Teams know the laws when they move into the professional ranks. The strange thing about this one is that the same guy (A paramedic)was allowed to represent the doctor at the Scorpions .v. Gloucestershire game the week before.

Edited by Celtic Rooster, 15 July 2013 - 12:53 PM.

#25 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,262 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:15 PM

Do amateur games have doctor at every game?

What an absolute joke

The provision of medical care at all games is currently under review by the RFL.

I'm not sure what the "joke" is.

I'm pretty sure the doctor's name is on the team sheet so clearly nobody has checked up when this person has been used before. Obviously the Match Commissioner yesterday was a bit more thorough in checking.
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2014 - the hard work starts now

#26 Stag Fan

Stag Fan
  • Coach
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:24 PM

The provision of medical care at all games is currently under review by the RFL.

I'm not sure what the "joke" is.

I'm pretty sure the doctor's name is on the team sheet so clearly nobody has checked up when this person has been used before. Obviously the Match Commissioner yesterday was a bit more thorough in checking.

I'll say he is thorough, he picked up the Kingstone Press post protectors was upside down when he came to Pennine Way. ;)

Also the doctor and match commisioner have to sign off the drugs that have to be present at each game.

Edited by Stag Fan, 15 July 2013 - 01:25 PM.

Posted Image

www.hemelstags.com

Welcome to this world Harry, 5lb 2oz and fighting fit.

#27 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,635 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:00 PM

Went to Oldham .v. Scorpions yesterday. Sad not to see one single Scorpions fan there. There was a middle aged couple who cheered a couple of times when Scorpions were on the attack but they were not Welsh and not wearing colours. Probably the parents of one of the players. I hope some of them turn up when they come to Wrexham last game of the season. Every club has brought at least one supporter so far.

#28 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 438 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:02 PM

Went to Oldham .v. Scorpions yesterday. Sad not to see one single Scorpions fan there. There was a middle aged couple who cheered a couple of times when Scorpions were on the attack but they were not Welsh and not wearing colours. Probably the parents of one of the players. I hope some of them turn up when they come to Wrexham last game of the season. Every club has brought at least one supporter so far.

surprised by that. I was at Oldham v South Wales last year and there were at least a dozen there. I'm sure they'll rouse themselves for the clash of Wales

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users