Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Merger/rebrand

purely hypothetical

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 PeteM

PeteM
  • Coach
  • 266 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:40 PM

2. If an on-the-road game can be marketed and sold well, it can prove very successful. Look at Catalan's game in Toulouse the other week - a massive massive success. Obviously the problem comes with having resources to market and promote the game etc. If it's not marketed well, you won't have die-hards travelling or 'local' interest, plus it'll probably cost a bit to rent the ground.

Might be worth seeing how Sheffield get on without DVS first and take lessons from that.

#22 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:51 PM

2. If an on-the-road game can be marketed and sold well, it can prove very successful. Look at Catalan's game in Toulouse the other week - a massive massive success. Obviously the problem comes with having resources to market and promote the game etc. If it's not marketed well, you won't have die-hards travelling or 'local' interest, plus it'll probably cost a bit to rent the ground.

Might be worth seeing how Sheffield get on without DVS first and take lessons from that.

It could certainly be an option during our transitional season!

Posted Image

#23 GaryHall

GaryHall
  • Coach
  • 525 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:05 AM

When York RL moved to Huntington Stadium (then Ryedale Stadium) as it was within the boundary of Ryedale Council at the time the club rebranded as Ryedale-York I don't remember many people from Malton, Pickering etc starting to support the club but it did alienate some of the York supporters.

Around the same time we played a game at Scarborough FC and the crowd was about 50% lower than the average home gate.

Why not take the under 20's on the road and play at RU grounds in Selby, Malton, Pocklington and York RU and encourage RU supporters and players to take an interest in the only professional rugby club in North Yorkshire

#24 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:14 AM

And the board is all the better for it mate, hopefully others will follow your lead!

Personally not sure I agree - there is a topic about a very important away game on Sunday

which is far more important than anything hypothetical at this time, why don't people contribute to

that topic with thoughts on team selection, tactics etc - can't get too exicited talking about things that

may not even happen when things are happening every up-coming weekend which could have

a massive effect on our clubs future.

But Gav - one general question on something that will actually happen - is the 12/8 - 12/12 re-structuring

for the 2015 season?

Will 2014 be the same as now?

Edited by shades2, 11 July 2013 - 07:17 AM.

#25 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:19 AM

Personally not sure I agree - there is a topic about a very important away game on Sunday

which is far more important than anything hypothetical at this time, why don't people contribute to

that topic with thoughts on team selection, tactics etc - can't get too exicited talking about things that

may not even happen when things are happening every up-coming weekend which could have

But Gav - one general question on something that will actually happen - is the 12/8 - 12/12 re-structuring

for the 2015 season?

So we aren't allowed to create other topics when there's a game on Sunday?

This is a message board for YCK so I posted something about YCK to get a discussion going and I don't see anything wrong with that.

And as you can see I've already posted 2/3 times on that topic.

It's time to park the camels.

#26 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,250 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:24 AM

So we aren't allowed to create other topics when there's a game on Sunday?

This is a message board for YCK so I posted something about YCK to get a discussion going and I don't see anything wrong with that.

And as you can see I've already posted 2/3 times on that topic.

Think it says - Personally not sure I agree etc...

Nothing wrong with whatever you or anyone else puts on here - just think there are more pressing

issues that everybody could contribute to rather than maybe's ...

Quite a lot of people comment after the event on match days - why not get their thoughts & ideas

in before it happens.

#27 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:30 AM

Think it says - Personally not sure I agree etc...

Nothing wrong with whatever you or anyone else puts on here - just think there are more pressing

issues that everybody could contribute to rather than maybe's ...

Quite a lot of people comment after the event on match days - why not get their thoughts & ideas

in before it happens.

Of course, like I said, I posted this to get some action going on here because recently it has been very quiet.

It'd be great if more people were joining in the Dewsbury topic but they just seem not to be and I have no idea why.

#28 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:07 AM

One general question on something that will actually happen - is the 12/8 - 12/12 re-structuring
for the 2015 season?

Yes. For 2014 ima hazard a guess that 2 will be relegated from SL into the championship and 4 relegated from the championship into championship one, no promotion. So a top 10 finish next season will be absolutely vital.

Edited by YCKonstantine, 11 July 2013 - 08:07 AM.

#29 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:26 PM

for the 2015 season?

hey shades, has the question about re-sructuring got anything to do with sundays game :biggrin:

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users