• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#21 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:30 PM

When was the last time he played well in B2B games???? :sclerosis:

When was the last time he played back to back games lately he's been getting one here and there.

#22 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,566 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:36 PM

i just hope we keep the back 5 the same as dewsbury instead of trying to fit connor into it and pushing mossop on the wing. i think we have to stick with 2 proper wingers and that has to be ell and paddy.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#23 Town Army

Town Army
  • Coach
  • 256 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:41 PM

When was the last time he played back to back games lately he's been getting one here and there.

There's a reason for that though. He's definitely in there as cover more than as first choice in this league.

#24 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:55 AM

You can't drop forber after last week - to be fair what impressed me most was his tackling - defo look more organised with him on the pitch - and if there's gonna be no Connor we need a goal kicker

#25 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,566 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:40 AM

brett carter is a very good goal kicker so i dont think you can pick someone just for that reason.and i dont think you can say his tackling is better than callums or connors because there all pretty solid in that department.
my team would be
carter
miller
mossop
morris
flynn
luppy
forber
dowes
matty
coward
stack
brett
olstrum

subs
callum
acton
shacks
lawton

#26 JOHNNY83

JOHNNY83
  • Facebook
  • 98 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:38 PM

Doncaster (H) 26th May Lost, Keighley (A) 30th May Lost.

and a previous sequence:

York (A) 10th March Lost, Batley (H) 17th March Lost, Leigh (A) Lost, Haven (H) Won.

and an even earlier sequence:

Swinton (A) 3rd February Won, Halifax (H) 10th February Lost, Doncaster (A) 17th February Lost

Im sure you'll have a good response and make a good argument as these are only factual statistics ;)

#27 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 856 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

Well we didn't sign kayne conner to sit on the 18th kicking cone did we, thus he will be in the 17 next weel

#28 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:53 PM

All them loses you showed it wasn't he fault we lost was it yes he maybe has a couple bad games but who's doesnt

#29 JOHNNY83

JOHNNY83
  • Facebook
  • 98 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:09 PM

I never said it was his fault.

Ive already said he had a decent game against Dewsbury, He is only the 3rd best scrum half at the club in my humble opinion of what games ive watched and played in over the years, fair enough if the other 2 are not performing but Callum is on fire and I prefer him at 7 with luppy at 6 and im starting to like the look of Connor (in a rugby way mind).

Im sure Forber is in the squad for cover and does provide that adequately from time to time.

My point is, you have to play your best players in their best positions whenever possible.

There for: 6, Luppy, 7, Callum, 9, Matty and 13, Olstrum.

There maybe an argument there that Luppy's best position is 13 but I like him at 6, what he lacks in pace he makes up for in experience and also brings the best out of callums amazing talent at 7.

Only my opinion obviously as im not the coach but this is a forum isn't it?????????????

#30 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:42 PM

I never said it was his fault.
Ive already said he had a decent game against Dewsbury, He is only the 3rd best scrum half at the club in my humble opinion of what games ive watched and played in over the years, fair enough if the other 2 are not performing but Callum is on fire and I prefer him at 7 with luppy at 6 and im starting to like the look of Connor (in a rugby way mind).
Im sure Forber is in the squad for cover and does provide that adequately from time to time.

My point is, you have to play your best players in their best positions whenever possible.

There for: 6, Luppy, 7, Callum, 9, Matty and 13, Olstrum.

There maybe an argument there that Luppy's best position is 13 but I like him at 6, what he lacks in pace he makes up for in experience and also brings the best out of callums amazing talent at 7.

Only my opinion obviously as im not the coach but this is a forum isn't it?????????????

I'm not saying your not entitled to your opinion everyone is. I like Callum and luppy at 6 and 7 I just think forber deserves to play after he's performance last week.

#31 JOHNNY83

JOHNNY83
  • Facebook
  • 98 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:49 PM

No bother ;)

#32 bluewhite10

bluewhite10
  • Workington
  • 286 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:51 PM

I'm not saying your not entitled to your opinion everyone is. I like Callum and luppy at 6 and 7 I just think forber deserves to play after he's performance last week.

1 in about 7 games he has a decent game Lupton n Callum for me

Edited by bluewhite10, 13 July 2013 - 04:51 PM.

bluewhitearmy

#33 JOHNNY83

JOHNNY83
  • Facebook
  • 98 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:01 PM

1 in about 7 games he has a decent game Lupton n Callum for me

I concur.

As ive said, hes adequate cover but too inconsistent for a regular place...... unfortunately

#34 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 856 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:06 PM

In the fev batley Sheffield 7 days all of the squad will be playing not just the half backs

#35 recre2

recre2
  • Players
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:23 PM

Think this is a must win game for Town as you've got a very tough week after this game. Also think Swinton will be looking at this game as one to target for a win. They had hard luck yesterday, a lot could also depend on how Warrington view this game as well. Touch and go and could go either way.

#36 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,566 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:27 PM

if town perform we should be winning by 20-30 points. warrington have a few players injured so there wont be many available for swinton. and surely at home to keighley was a bigger game to target than town away.

#37 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:49 PM

Another quite snidey , superior comment while looking like youre trying not to be . They're good at that . We weren't gonna beat Dewsbury either , gee everything's a struggle for us .

Edited by DavidM, 15 July 2013 - 05:52 PM.

#38 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:48 PM

Another quite snidey , superior comment while looking like youre trying not to be . They're good at that . We weren't gonna beat Dewsbury either , gee everything's a struggle for us .

#39 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:49 PM

Didnt you know they are worldbeaters now david lol

#40 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:59 PM

Swinton had terrible luck shipping 7 tries straight in just half an hour . We musta been dead unlucky at Fev ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users