Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Team for Swinton at home.

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#61 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:12 PM

hes been very poor, but he probably had his best game last time out. although he was still probably the worst out the 4 props.

he just hasn't shown any ex- SL form on the pitch at all so far. If it was announced he was packing in or even signing for s' haven I wouldnt be bothered at all.

#62 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,431 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:13 PM

I wonder if they'll extend Walne's loan again ? Is he worth it ? We're pretty well covered there with the DR , and especially if Thacks is back . And if Rooney is near that means Red gives more back row cover . Dowes has improved with the season but with his pedigree and achievements has been hugely disappointing over the whole term . Cowards been the main prop for me and arguably the best forward all together , he deserves huge praise when you consider where he was barely a year ago .

#63 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:15 PM

In my view he's improved quite a bit. As we've seen this season against a number of teams the key isn't necessarily to do something spectacular but play error free rugby. That's the only reason Sheffield and Halifax beat us and Batley stopped us getting a bonus point. He's cut most of those mistakes out and is now playing like many forwards in this league.

#64 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:21 PM

In my view he's improved quite a bit. As we've seen this season against a number of teams the key isn't necessarily to do something spectacular but play error free rugby. That's the only reason Sheffield and Halifax beat us and Batley stopped us getting a bonus point. He's cut most of those mistakes out and is now playing like many forwards in this league.

have you seen him break the line once this season?

#65 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

Not every forward we've seen this season does but it's the ones who play error free rugby that come away with the points generally speaking. The teams that have beaten us at derwent park have outperformed us in the backs rather than the forwards in most cases

#66 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 835 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:06 PM

Dowes will be in the 17

#67 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:34 AM

If we play a full 80 mins like we did the first 15 against Keighley we will give you a game. Otherwise I can see nothing but a Workington win.

#68 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:53 AM

Lions Ian watson banned for two games so will not play on sunday.

#69 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,431 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:01 AM

Is that good news , or is there a half back on there way in ???

#70 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,218 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:16 AM

Is that good news , or is there a half back on there way in ???

cant see many being a available from the wolves. myler is out injured, so there low on numbers at half back at the minute

Edited by wonky, 17 July 2013 - 09:17 AM.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#71 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 835 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:39 AM

Orbrien?

#72 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:13 AM

Orbrien?

He's on loan at saints

#73 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 344 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:48 PM

Watson needn't have bothered getting banned, MacGuiness doesn't play for Town anymore

#74 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 456 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:24 AM

As previously mentioned, Swinton are struggling to field a half back line-up according to their official web site this morning.
Assistant player-coach Ian Watson starts a two-match ban for standing on an opponent against Sheffield while Craig Harvey has only just returned to training after missing last week's defeat to Keighley. Chaz I'Anson is having a scan on Saturday on a pecs muscle injury but could be available. That leaves Martin Ainscough as the only other recognised half-back.
"Ian is an important player for us so it is a bit of a blow to lose him," said coach Gary Chambers. "We need to see how Chaz and Craig are before deciding what to do at half-back...." Dual-registration players Brad Dwyer, Tyrone McCarthy and Ben Harrison, who featured against Keighley, will not play this week but Danny Bridge will return to the side.

#75 ChunkyOnion

ChunkyOnion
  • Coach
  • 117 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:15 AM

To be honest I'm not that bothered about seeing Thacks or Calders again. Talked big games before the season started but both have been liabilities. Give me a younger prop that wants to run all day (Acton type for e.g.). As for Calders well meh!
Surf dudes with attitudes, (Kinda groovy), Laid back moods. Sky above, sand below (Good vibrations), Feelin' mellow. Won't give it up, Don't wanna stop....Don't wake me up, Don't wake me up if I'm dreamin', California dreams, Just let me lay here in the sun, Until my dream is done

#76 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,218 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:23 AM

does anyome know if paddy trained with us last night?

#77 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 800 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:41 AM

No paddy was,ent there last night Calderwood @ Thackary where back,may be paddy will be at training in the morning???

#78 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,218 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:34 AM

No paddy was,ent there last night Calderwood @ Thackary where back,may be paddy will be at training in the morning???

if your there abu could you post and let us know. i think theres a very good chance that it will be a town side without any dual reg. i just hope were not taking this game for granted and expect to win easily. after paddys game last time, he should be in before calders.

#79 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 800 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:59 AM

Looks like MILLER at fullback as carter is not due back of holidays till today, so could be CALDERS and PADDY on the wings????

#80 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:00 PM

Flynn is defo in its in the news and star it also says that we have been offered Hulme Craven and Pickersgil but it doesn't say if we're having any of them 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users