Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Restructure

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:10 PM

So what do we all think about it?

I like it, although I think we're going to have to finish top 10 next season to stay in the championship. Although of course nothings been stated as of yet about that.

Thought I read about some championship teams going full time? Is that true and if so will we be doing anything of the sort?

It's time to park the camels.

#2 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 323 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:49 PM

I think the top 10 is a bit optimistic as, assuming that the second league will have 12 teams then:-

- 2 from superleague,

- 1 Toulouse

- 1 or 2 promoted

That only leaves space for 7 or 8 of the present championship teams who stay up this year so that will be the target for next year I suspect not just top 10! And potentially bottom 7 going down next year! Yikes

If you assume that the top 5 presently remain strong, Dewsbury get there act together and Crusaders (promoted this year) put together a competitive team then that really is going to be tough.

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#3 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:52 PM

I think it's extremely doubtful they would relegate 6/7 teams from the championship and promote 2 from championship 1 to play the likes of Featherstone, Sheffield and whoever gets relegated from SL. That's like relegating 4 from SL and promoting 2 from the championship to make 12 in SL.

Edited by YCKonstantine, 11 July 2013 - 02:13 PM.

#4 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:52 PM

So what do we all think about it?

I like it, although I think we're going to have to finish top 10 next season to stay in the championship. Although of course nothings been stated as of yet about that.

Thought I read about some championship teams going full time? Is that true and if so will we be doing anything of the sort?

Depends how many shareholders get behind the club!

:D

Posted Image

#5 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:42 PM

No-one else has an opinion?

#6 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:47 PM

No-one else has an opinion?

Its the correct decision from the RL to bring P&R back into the game as teams outside of SL need the carrot of promotion whilst all games in SL will now have a higher intensity due to relegation. Whether clubs will spend heavily to gain promotion or to stave off relegation only time will tell.

Edited by Shadow45, 12 July 2013 - 04:48 PM.

#7 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 611 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:30 PM

As long as the RFL redistribute the £2.4m they save from a smaller SL down into the championship, itll work well and everyone will be competitive. I can see the 12 SL clubs left demanding they get it though

#8 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,069 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:16 AM

Is there to be restrictions on promotion from SL2 say york are 4th when the teams split into 8 then somehow finish 4th in that league will the be able to play in SL1? Will we qualify? If not who does?
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA
Go Go Go York City Knights!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users