York

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,719 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:06 PM

Apologies for starting a thread about an actual match but I do wonder if anyone is interested in how we might get on this Sunday.

The weather promises to be pretty warm once more so might be a factor- will our superior fitness win the day, or is this my delusion?

I forecast that we will see a side with few changes from previous weeks which doesn't bode particularly well on the attacking front. However York have also flattered to deceive recently so I expect us to hold the upper hand:

Rams 24 - 14 Wasps

Att: 745

I shall continue to buy a lottery ticket in hope rather than expectation.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#2 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:18 PM

This game could be tricky to forecast,York looked good in attack last Thursday,that lad Johnson looked good,why didn't he have a run in our side when he was fully fit i don't know,but defence let them down.Hoping the good side of the rams turn up on Sunday.I will go for Rams 24- York 22 att 845.

#3 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:57 PM

Will be another close one, but Rams to prevail

Rams 26 York 18

#4 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:05 PM

Dews 44 York 12. Without Simon Brown, they're clueless.

Posted Image

#5 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:20 PM

So Worky get beaten and take it out on us and I wonder, as the same fate hit York, then they will want to prove themselves. Cannot see us winning without changes being made, but we only have 17 fit men usually, so there will be few made.

Dewsbury 16 - 28 York

Att 812

Disappointing for the rest of the season I am guessing.
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#6 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:02 AM

Once again it's guess work which team will turn up. I think it works both ways CF after such a poor showing last time out we have something to prove. York are missing Brown and don't have a good away record. I think we will win.
Dewsbury 22- York 16
Att 836
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#7 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:32 AM

We certainly do have something to prove and it seems to be every match, yet we fail to come near our (coach's and spectators' alike) expectations. It seems like a continuous boxing bout, we get knocked down, stagger to our feet, only to be floored again.

I think York will have their first away win on Sunday I fear.
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#8 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:45 AM

We have to be better than last few weeks. Defeat here and were back in relegation battle

#9 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:32 AM

I think York will have their first away win on Sunday I fear.

It'll be York's first away win in the league since Dewsbury in 2011, should it happen!

Posted Image

#10 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:19 PM

4-6
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

#11 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:46 PM

4-12 ht poor from us offered nothing in attack.

[

#12 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:57 PM

Dare I say it.......how's Pryce playing?

#13 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,882 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:51 PM

Dare I say it.......how's Pryce playing?

He's just won you the game

#14 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:42 PM

Well we won and for the Pryce bashes, he produced a flash of class to make the match winning break and offload.

Thought Walshaw and Nash were outstanding and along with OBrien were my MoM. But offered little on attack, no offloads, York slowed our PTBs down and won the collision. Credit to Hyde for the chase back and tackle which saved a try but his passing has become very slow and asks no questions of the defence. Is he injured? He looked like he was struggling.

Schofield um.. His defence is weak and his passing too slow to play acting half. Yes he put some kicks in which led to a try but his defence is too lightweight. York certainly targeted him on attack.

Thought Goulding had a good game taking on the line and with his kicking.

Maybe this is a controversial suggestion but how about Putting a full back James CrVen at full back and play winger Dale Morton on the wing? Pryce looked a bit better at centre and he did win is the game.

Hopefully a couple more wins and we should be safe from relegation, but everyone seems to be picking up at least a bonus point.

Buchanan running across in front of the kicker reminded me of the last time I saw that happen at Dewsbury.....it was the York trainer who did it!

#15 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:05 PM

Well we won and for the Pryce bashes, he produced a flash of class to make the match winning break and offload.

Thought Walshaw and Nash were outstanding and along with OBrien were my MoM. But offered little on attack, no offloads, York slowed our PTBs down and won the collision. Credit to Hyde for the chase back and tackle which saved a try but his passing has become very slow and asks no questions of the defence. Is he injured? He looked like he was struggling.

Schofield um.. His defence is weak and his passing too slow to play acting half. Yes he put some kicks in which led to a try but his defence is too lightweight. York certainly targeted him on attack.

Thought Goulding had a good game taking on the line and with his kicking.

Maybe this is a controversial suggestion but how about Putting a full back James CrVen at full back and play winger Dale Morton on the wing? Pryce looked a bit better at centre and he did win is the game.

Hopefully a couple more wins and we should be safe from relegation, but everyone seems to be picking up at least a bonus point.

Buchanan running across in front of the kicker reminded me of the last time I saw that happen at Dewsbury.....it was the York trainer who did it!

Echo all that, and yes, swapping Craven and Morton (who had a mare TBH and was no way MOM) just might work, radical as it is. KP won us the match, and if he kicks on (and I still think he will) he could be a crowd favourite. Last thoughts - why, on a day when we desperately needed someone who could scatter defences, was Aizue in the bar and not on the bench, and where was Liilicrop. Oh - and were Hales and lack of Pace (Watkinson) playing today, only I never saw them. 

hales   

#16 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:09 PM

This one wont please many but thinks Tonks for all his effort just lacks the size to make ground on attack. Would prefer Lillycrop or Aizue in at propr with Hepworth back into second row.

#17 FarOutRam

FarOutRam
  • Coach
  • 241 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:53 PM

For the first hour, York  were by far the best team on the field. They were  a yard faster in all departments. However , well done to The Rams for the way they fought back late on.  I can never quite understand that Karl Price thing. I know he isn't the world's best, but is he the worst player on the field? I think not. There was  war of words between two Rams fans in the South Stand in the second half. Would The Rams be world beaters without him?  The budget for players dictates the calibre of player on show. The word scapegoat come to mind regarding Karl Price. As for the match, it was a vital win. The winning try was probably the best moment of the season.

#18 FarOutRam

FarOutRam
  • Coach
  • 241 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:54 PM

For the first hour, York  were by far the best team on the field. They were  a yard faster in all departments. However , well done to The Rams for the way they fought back late on.  I can never quite understand that Karl Price thing. I know he isn't the world's best, but is he the worst player on the field? I think not. There was  war of words between two Rams fans in the South Stand in the second half. Would The Rams be world beaters without him?  The budget for players dictates the calibre of player on show. The word scapegoat come to mind regarding Karl Price. As for the match, it was a vital win. The winning try was probably the best moment of the season.

#19 FarOutRam

FarOutRam
  • Coach
  • 241 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:54 PM

#20 Ramemhard

Ramemhard
  • Players
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:08 PM

To all those who say that Pryce should not be in the team, he has just shown why he is in the team. Had to laugh at one bloke giving both Morro and Pryce stick via his uneducated comments (obviously trying to impress his woman!) then clapping and applauding the last try saying what great play it was!!  :sclerosis: :girlwerewolf:

How did Morton get man of the match? How does someone watch a match and miss the high tackle on Scotty Hale? How does someone watch the match and not realise Watkinson forcing himself towards the york line with 3 in tow?

It wasn't pretty but showed some of the spirit we know they have in the last 20 minutes. There were a lot of players who did not play as well as they know they can today but as a TEAM they stuck together. What a shame the fans cannot manage that!!!

By the way for me Austin deserves man of the match!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users