Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

York

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,469 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:07 PM

Doubt GM was under any illusions about playing budget and he has had to put almost a new team together and has been unlucky with some long term injuries to Spicer, Buchanan, Wright, Brown, Ben Jones and loss of Spaven. But we look like we will be staying up and that was all that I want for this season. If some of the purported signings are for next season are true, we will be much stronger.

Yes, I reckon any coach should be given a couple of seasons to prove what they can do with their side.

We must all be aware, however, that the criteria for next season will probably be much more testing. There is a strong probability that clubs will need to finish in 8th or even 7th position to remain in this division for 2015. We won't be the only ones "strengthening" whilst working on a lower budget.

It looks as if we shall "live in interesting times".

:help:

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#62 The Crab

The Crab
  • Coach
  • 170 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:02 AM

I do feel for Glenn Morrison a bit though (I can't use GM - makes me think of Genetically Modified). It's his first proper coaching job; he probably came into it full of enthusiasm and then finds he has to cobble together a side for under £12.50 because he has been given ###### all money as we "run a tight ship." Tight being the operative word. So he has to beg, steal or borrow to get a bit of talent in who he hopes might do well.

His main mistake was to mess about with the local lad and play his own favourite in the same position when to most other people he's better suited on the wing. The team doesn't gel and the pack isn't half as good as it should be to give the half backs room to move. And we could do with a more vocal captain - if only because it re-assures the fans who like to see the players being given a rollicking after a feck-up.

Glenn's wife is gorgeous though, so you can't feel too sorry for him.

I would be happy if he was married to Nora Batty if it made us play better!

#63 Hugh Jarce

Hugh Jarce
  • Coach
  • 247 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:31 AM

I would be happy if he was married to Nora Batty if it made us play better!

Me too!!! :D

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

#64 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,206 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:27 AM

Mrs Kear is a good looking lady too.....perhaps it is part of the coaches job spec? Being a vain and shallow individual Mrs Piggys mate is a very lucky lady too perhaps she should put in for Dewsbury coach when it becomes available at the end of this season......whoops me n my big gob ;)

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#65 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,469 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:47 PM

Mrs Kear is a good looking lady too.....perhaps it is part of the coaches job spec? Being a vain and shallow individual Mrs Piggys mate is a very lucky lady too perhaps she should put in for Dewsbury coach when it becomes available at the end of this season......whoops me n my big gob ;)

What, you reckon Batley are going to pinch our coach now?

How low will you lot stoop?

:ph34r:

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#66 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:48 PM

And she knows far more about rugby than her husband Mr Pigglet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users