Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:32 PM

http://www.loverugby...ey-worries.html

Posted Image

#2 weloveyouwakefield2

weloveyouwakefield2
  • Coach
  • 2,063 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:43 PM

A bit more here.. http://wakefieldwild...er-qa/2013/07/?

Posted Image

#3 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,162 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:31 PM

Skin of the teeth stuff it seems
  • BBR likes this

#4 nadera78

nadera78
  • Coach
  • 2,962 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

From the outside it seems like Glover has enough money to get involved and keep the club going, but only just. All of their hopes must be pinned on the new stadium.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

#5 Southerner

Southerner
  • Coach
  • 925 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:45 PM

I really hope they can make the playoffs and gain from the extra revenue. I really like the way Wakey have been able to increase their attendances over the years (I remember them being extremely low years back). Hoping they can get the new stadium sorted too.

#6 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,091 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:56 PM

I really hope they can make the playoffs and gain from the extra revenue. I really like the way Wakey have been able to increase their attendances over the years (I remember them being extremely low years back). Hoping they can get the new stadium sorted too.

me too

they seem to have made a lot of progress over the past couple of seasons

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#7 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,797 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:09 PM

Another SL club having financial difficulties in the licensing era without p&r

#8 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,091 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:47 PM

seems like the cavalry arrived just in time

how did your club manage dinancially during the days of PR?

there is no evidence that this issue has anything to do with p and r or the lack of it.

Keeping it local

#9 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,870 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:53 PM

there is no evidence that this issue has anything to do with p and r or the lack of it.

No, there isn't L'ange, and whilst I certainly don't agree with much of what Lobby says, what we have seen during the last couple of days is people on the other side of the argument now being just as melodramatic.

People are now saying that the return of P&R will drive clubs to die, the game even to die, yet when things go wrong under licensing there was complete denial and people said that's not what Licensing was for.

People have lambasted Lobby for over-stating the importance of P&R, yet we are seeing some of these people behaving hysterically now.

#10 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 985 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:54 PM

Wakefield have had financial strife during the licensing period AND the promotion/relegation era. So your point is simply irrelevant.

Edited by The Daddy_merged, 12 July 2013 - 06:56 PM.

#11 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,182 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:57 PM

Whilst it is true that there was as much if not more financially instability under P & R, licencing hasn't stabilised things as much as was hoped.

#12 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,091 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:58 PM

No, there isn't L'ange, and whilst I certainly don't agree with much of what Lobby says, what we have seen during the last couple of days is people on the other side of the argument now being just as melodramatic.

People are now saying that the return of P&R will drive clubs to die, the game even to die, yet when things go wrong under licensing there was complete denial and people said that's not what Licensing was for.

People have lambasted Lobby for over-stating the importance of P&R, yet we are seeing some of these people behaving hysterically now.

I don't think so Dave

it's a hot, major story and people are discussing it

it hardly compares with what has been going down over the last couple of decades: would you like a list?

Keeping it local

#13 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,091 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:59 PM

Whilst it is true that there was as much if not more financially instability under P & R, licencing hasn't stabilised things as much as was hoped.

well that was inevitable

at least clubs had(?) less opportunity to go #### up, and have focused on running themselves in a more professional way...there are no guarantees.

Keeping it local

#14 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 985 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:01 PM

Another thing some people need to understand is that licensing doesnt guarantee financial stability, it cant guarantee turnover, cant guarantee that x amount of people will turn up for a game, doesnt guarantee that games wont get postponed. Nowhere in the RFL licensing guidelines does it say this, please find me a single document or statement that claims this.
Some people on here just distort facts in order to promote their own narrow minded opinions.

#15 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,870 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:03 PM

I don't think so Dave

it's a hot, major story and people are discussing it

it hardly compares with what has been going down over the last couple of decades: would you like a list?

The level of hysteria is just as bad, I don't want to get embroiled in your disputes with a band of supporters.

I can't be bothered to go through to quote them, but predictions the game will die, and that this was the worst decision in the history of the game, are quite simply, laughable!

BTW, I'm aware they are not your views, one of your recent posts was very well put (the game won't die, you won't boycott etc) - but some of the hysteria has been way ott.

#16 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,870 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:04 PM

Another thing some people need to understand is that licensing doesnt guarantee financial stability, it cant guarantee turnover, cant guarantee that x amount of people will turn up for a game, doesnt guarantee that games wont get postponed. Nowhere in the RFL licensing guidelines does it say this, please find me a single document or statement that claims this.
Some people on here just distort facts in order to promote their own narrow minded opinions.

No, quite simply there are no guarantees of anything, but funnily enough some are now guaranteeing this will kill the game off!

I try and keep my views more moderate and balanced, just because my favourite option doesn't get picked doesn't mean that the decision made is wrong - tbh, I find the scores of people who are stating that are acting pretty arrogantly.

#17 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,091 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:06 PM

The level of hysteria is just as bad, I don't want to get embroiled in your disputes with a band of supporters.

I can't be bothered to go through to quote them, but predictions the game will die, and that this was the worst decision in the history of the game, are quite simply, laughable!

BTW, I'm aware they are not your views, one of your recent posts was very well put (the game won't die, you won't boycott etc) - but some of the hysteria has been way ott.

No, quite simply there are no guarantees of anything, but funnily enough some are now guaranteeing this will kill the game off!

I try and keep my views more moderate and balanced, just because my favourite option doesn't get picked doesn't mean that the decision made is wrong - tbh, I find the scores of people who are stating that are acting pretty arrogantly.

I think that will settle down

there were and are bound to be views expressed forcibly.

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso, 12 July 2013 - 07:07 PM.

Keeping it local

#18 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,701 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:37 PM

Belle Vue = Millstone
The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#19 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:27 PM

The business model at Wakefield is a very good one but it's hard to to absorb a £300K sponsor going bust out of the blue, the fact that it hasn't sent the club out of business speaks volumes for how far they've come.

Belle Vue is indeed a millstone around their neck but last weeks news on Newmarket means they can look forward to a new stadium in the next 2 or 3 years.

#20 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,162 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:33 PM

Any club losing a sponsor and that amount of cash flow would be wincing no matter what

It is however another example of the preset problems in RL being more to do with the wider economic situation

Mind, I do find it a touch ironic that an RL club has problems because someone else went bust

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users