Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Wakefield Surviving!

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:17 PM

This is where clubs fall down giving cheap tickets away IMO. It has been said there was 8000 at the London game but how much cheaper were the tickets for this game? and what was it equivalent to if they had paid full price It didn't work for Bradford long term lets hope other clubs don't make the same mistake

The concept is to generate a good atmosphere and a sense of belonging. I think that's pretty wise in the long term, and in the short term pack 'em in and flog 'em as much overpriced fizzy lager as possible. Cross your fingers that everyone can handle the booze though.

Glover is good at PR in RL terms. My take on it is to question all that we're told though.

The £240k was the two year total of from Eric France wasn't it? They had paid the first year but fell short by a rumoured 10/12 months so it stands to reason that Trinity are losing c£10 per week.

JE and Glover must also remember the amount of money they have blown paying off players heard around £200k in total.

In addition Wakey are paying a large chunk of Andy Ellis's wage at Fev (either as settlement or monthly payments) and the same for Matt James. Don't get me started on how much we're paying for Mellars, or to Luautiti who was all set to play Japanese RU before Elston gave him a three year gig.
The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#42 Trinity

Trinity
  • Coach
  • 282 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:48 PM

Ali has done fine for me.
Posted Image

#43 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:03 AM

Ali has done fine for me.

Yes last year. This year less well and next year? He's in the top three highest paid players at the club; and he was about to retire. Part of the club's worrying financial performance is down to Elston splashing the cash before Agar arrived.

Edited by Larry the Leit, 16 July 2013 - 05:04 AM.

The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#44 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,313 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:08 AM

He is THE highest paid player at the club followed by Poore then Vince Mellars