Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Classic Aussie GF's on Premier Sports

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:22 PM

Premier are showing some classic Grand Finals next Tuesday and Wednesday, starting with the 1989 Balmain v Canberra game. There's 4 games on Tuesday and 3 games on Wednesday - plus Origin 3, of course!!!

Edited by thirteenthman, 12 July 2013 - 09:23 PM.

#2 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,545 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:35 PM

It's just finding time to watch it all! :-)

ARLForumstrap2014_zps302d9d20.jpg   

*************** Disciple of Experience **************

#3 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:22 PM

It's just finding time to watch it all! :-)

Too true. Lucky I've got plenty of room on the old Sky+.

I thought they might have saved all the classic games for the off season as a way to get RL fans to stay with them during the off season.

#4 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 5,977 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:35 PM

Is the 89 grand final the one Hanley played in

#5 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:27 PM

Is the 89 grand final the one Hanley played in

No, but I was getting my finals mixed up in the original post. Hanley played in the 1988 final for Balmain against Canterbury. Premier are showing the 1989 final between Balmain and Canberra (I originally typed Canterbury, but I've edited it now). In 1989 Hanley played for the Magpies. Apologies for any confusion.

#6 jacksy

jacksy
  • Coach
  • 279 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:30 PM

I am pretty sure Edwards and Currier played in the 89 final though..can anyone confirm?

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

#7 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:11 PM

I am pretty sure Edwards and Currier played in the 89 final though..can anyone confirm?

Yeah. Currier was in the starting 13, but Edwards only came on during extra time.

http://en.wikipedia....son#Grand_Final

#8 jacksy

jacksy
  • Coach
  • 279 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:59 PM

Talking of the 88 Final how the hell did Lamb get away with knocking Hanley out?

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

#9 topchef

topchef
  • Coach
  • 373 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:32 AM

Premier are showing some classic Grand Finals next Tuesday and Wednesday, starting with the 1989 Balmain v Canberra game. There's 4 games on Tuesday and 3 games on Wednesday - plus Origin 3, of course!!!

The 89 Grand Final was excellent, as others have been. 

Watched it courtesy of Micron Video (remember them?) who used to put out a weekly VHS tape for hire.  

I managed to avoid the result until the tape arrived.  For those who don't know the result, I won't spoil it, though I will say that the winning try was an emotional moment for me personally.  

Will be a great watch.  

Enjoy! :biggrin:

Moff
Go Cumbria!

#10 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:42 AM

Talking of the 88 Final how the hell did Lamb get away with knocking Hanley out?

Yeah I saw that...wasn't good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users