Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Infighting in the "rebel" camp

Who didnt see this comming?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:01 AM

Al qaeda in Syria have just executed a senior Syrian rebel commander at a meeting held between all the different factions in the Syrian uprising. The fact that the so called "moderates" in the FSA are not only willing to meet but fight side by side with al qaeda and other extremist salafists proves that they can't be trusted and that we(US and UK) should not be supporting them with arms, money and political support. The saying "when you lie down with dogs, you get fleas" springs to mind.

#2 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,949 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:16 PM

Whilst that is true, it is also the case that Assad was sponsoring Al Qaeda in Iraq.

#3 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:20 PM

Whilst that is true, it is also the case that Assad was sponsoring Al Qaeda in Iraq.

How much for? 10p per lap/mile?

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#4 Li0nhead

Li0nhead
  • Coach
  • 742 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:52 PM

How much for? 10p per lap/mile?

Seems a bit far to go for sponsorship, could they just not have done a walk or marathon rather than the whole killing and looting thing. 

#5 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:24 AM

I think it was mostly Iraqi Baathists who used Syria as a safe haven to launch operations against the occupying US troops but I've no doubt he would have helped al qaeda also.

#6 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,949 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:37 AM

I think it was mostly Iraqi Baathists who used Syria as a safe haven to launch operations against the occupying US troops but I've no doubt he would have helped al qaeda also.

Syria was deliberately allowing Al Qaeda to use Syria as a safe haven and allowing them to cross the border unchallenged. Now the Iraqi Al Qaeda is crossing over into Syria.

#7 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:05 AM

Syria was deliberately allowing Al Qaeda to use Syria as a safe haven and allowing them to cross the border unchallenged. Now the Iraqi Al Qaeda is crossing over into Syria.

All of this is true but don't forget that none of this would have happened had the US not invaded and occupied Iraq. Al Qaeda in Iraq did not exist before the 2003 US/UK invasion of Iraq, saddam Hussein and al qaeda were enemies, also don't forget that the neocons had Syria along with Iran in their sights and had the war in Iraq been a "success" we could have seen US tanks swing west and east into Damascus and Tehran.

#8 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,949 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:17 AM

All of this is true but don't forget that none of this would have happened had the US not invaded and occupied Iraq. Al Qaeda in Iraq did not exist before the 2003 US/UK invasion of Iraq, saddam Hussein and al qaeda were enemies, also don't forget that the neocons had Syria along with Iran in their sights and had the war in Iraq been a "success" we could have seen US tanks swing west and east into Damascus and Tehran.

This is true.

But it doesn't change that both "sides" in the Syrian civil war are prepared to use Al Qaeda when it suits them.

#9 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:24 AM

This is true.

But it doesn't change that both "sides" in the Syrian civil war are prepared to use Al Qaeda when it suits them.

Agreed. Thats why we need to keep well clear of the Syrian civil war or anybody else's civil war. Let's quit now whilst we agree on something.

#10 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,702 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:44 PM

Agreed. Thats why we need to keep well clear of the Syrian civil war or anybody else's civil war. Let's quit now whilst we agree on something.

:D

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users