TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Further investment meeting next week.

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 pont rover

pont rover
  • Coach
  • 491 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:20 AM

Great news, topic taken from the Rovers official web-site. 

http://www.featherst...le.php?id=11822

#2 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:44 AM

Good reading and sound like we will only be getting better Thanks to all who's making this happen

#3 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,164 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:23 PM

read em n weep

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#4 parko1370

parko1370
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:14 PM

Great news don't no how we're gonna get to super league though now with only 12 teams anybody no

#5 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,164 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:10 PM

Great news don't no how we're gonna get to super league though now with only 12 teams anybody no

if theygo to 3x8 we have a good chance

joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#6 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:38 AM

if theygo to 3x8 we have a good chance

Think you're dreaming there, OR.

Still, it does look as though $uperleague is the top 12 and not the top 8. The eights seem to be some sort of playoffs before the playoffs.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#7 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,164 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:24 PM

why?

joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#8 Rover and out

Rover and out
  • Coach
  • 108 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:48 PM

The super league that make up the 8 with us would have a higher salary cap as it stands unless the rfl change it

#9 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:58 PM

why?

Why what ? Why are you dreaming ? Because it's not as easy as Feisal just getting his cheque book out.

Why do you think three eights is better than twelves with one up one down ?

If you have three eights you've got to beat one of four clubs with a lot more funding than you.

If you have two twelves, you have to beat eleven clubs with the same funding as you.

#10 bigjohn

bigjohn
  • Coach
  • 977 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:21 PM

Dont forget this is the RFL we are talking about they will have another half a dozen options by next year :-(

#11 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:38 PM

Dont forget this is the RFL we are talking about they will have another half a dozen options by next year :-(

More than likely .....................

#12 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,164 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:56 PM

Why what ? Why are you dreaming ? Because it's not as easy as Feisal just getting his cheque book out.

Why do you think three eights is better than twelves with one up one down ?

If you have three eights you've got to beat one of four clubs with a lot more funding than you.

If you have two twelves, you have to beat eleven clubs with the same funding as you.

i wasn't aware that the funding had been decided

joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#13 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:32 PM

i wasn't aware that the funding had been decided

Imho - that's the crux of where we're going wrong. You can't make a sensible decision on the format til you know the funding. All we have at the moment are "indicative values".

#14 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:14 AM

From what I have seen if it is 2 leagues of 12 it was 2 up 2 down. And as for the the 3 x 8 option, is it not the top the final position of this league that determines the 12 in next seasons  SL? i.e. top 4 final standing.

And as we know about the RL there are more than one way to get into SL, and a cheque book comes in very handy.

Edited by lingard, 16 July 2013 - 11:15 AM.

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

#15 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:58 AM

From what I have seen if it is 2 leagues of 12 it was 2 up 2 down. And as for the the 3 x 8 option, is it not the top the final position of this league that determines the 12 in next seasons  SL? i.e. top 4 final standing.

Yep - the point is that, imho, it's easier to finish first (or maybe even second) in a league of teams with the same funding as you than in the top four of a league with four teams much better funded (how much better remains to be seen) than you.

Just my opinion. You may have a different one.

#16 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:15 PM

Yep - the point is that, imho, it's easier to finish first (or maybe even second) in a league of teams with the same funding as you than in the top four of a league with four teams much better funded (how much better remains to be seen) than you.

Just my opinion. You may have a different one.

At the risk of being pedantic (a first for a poster on here :rolleyes: ), if we have a backer who is prepared to flash the cash and fund up to full salary cap, the funding wouldn't be an issue if we went to 3*8. I would presume that the goal would then be to get in the top 12 the following season to recieve the higher level of funding, so that the investment to get there would only need to be a one off. The difference in salary cap may be an sizeable issue in the middle 8 however...

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#17 PonteBlue

PonteBlue
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:17 PM

Here's hoping for the 2 x 12 option. However, as we all know there's a lot of water to go under the bridge yet........

Back to the article, top stuff.

#18 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:37 PM

At the risk of being pedantic (a first for a poster on here :rolleyes: ), if we have a backer who is prepared to flash the cash and fund up to full salary cap, the funding wouldn't be an issue if we went to 3*8.

Sure - if he's prepared to spend money he's no need to spend.

And - of course - there's the gamble that some other club may have a spend-thrift backer. Or win without one.

#19 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:13 PM

Sure - if he's prepared to spend money he's no need to spend.

And - of course - there's the gamble that some other club may have a spend-thrift backer. Or win without one.

Exactly. My point being that if the 3*8 is chosen then, funding may not be an issue but salary cap might be. ;) Plus the obvious on field outcome :lol:

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#20 lingard

lingard
  • Coach
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:29 PM

don't worry about the salary cap it wont be an issue for us.  ;)

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users