Games off as its too sunny lol

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 convict

convict
  • Players
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:05 AM

What more could you ask for - belting weather and a game of Rugby League!!

#2 DaveButt

DaveButt
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:09 PM

The only trouble with games on days like this is the likelihood of dehydration

I suppose for us spectators one of the only ways around it is to have a few nice cold beers during the game.

I'm not to keen on the idea myself but who am I to judge.

Suppose I will just have to go along with others and have a few.

The things I do for this great game of ours

#3 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,804 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:10 PM

What more could you ask for - belting weather and a game of Rugby League!!

Rules

• The simple aim of Rugby League is to score more points than your opponents
  • A Rugby League match lasts for 80 minutes (two 40 minute halves). Timekeepers monitor this and sound a siren or hooter as a signal to the ref when the game is over
  • You score tries (worth four points) by touching the ball down over your opponent’s try line. You can convert that to six by kicking a goal. The other means of scoring are a penalty goal (also worth two points) and a drop goal (worth one point)
  • There are two teams of 13 players with four reserves on the interchange bench. Each team can make a maximum of 12 changes involving any combination of players. Rugby League players have to be multi-skilled but some players do focus on roles within their teams including carrying the ball into the opposition line (forwards), attacking on the fringes (backs) and distributing the ball (hooker and half backs). All players work together in their team’s defensive formation
  • The ball has to be passed backwards. It can be passed as many times as you like until a player is tackled in possession
  • Each team has the ball for six plays (or tackles). After a tackle, the ball carrier plays the ball back along the ground to a receiver standing behind directly behind them. After the six plays are completed the team in possession must handover the ball to the opposition. Most teams elect to kick at this point in order to gain as much ground as possible
  • Six players form a Rugby League scrum. They are a means of re-starting the game and create a good opportunity to attack. Scrums are awarded for knock-ons (losing the ball forward) or forward passes
  • You are offside in Rugby League if you are within the gap maintained between the attacking and defensive sides by the referee or if you interfere with play after being in front of a team mate when they have kicked the ball in open play
  • A 40-20 kick is when a player kicks the ball behind his own 40 metre line and it bounces into touch within the opposition’s 20 metre line. If this happens the side that kicked the ball get the advantage of putting the ball into the resulting scrum. A goal line drop out is taken from under your own posts if you have been forced to touch the ball down in your own in-goal area or put the ball out of play in this area.

Good luck

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#4 Sandspine

Sandspine
  • Coach
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:25 PM

It must be the RFL who are responsible for this heatwave!!! Aint that right marauder?

#5 convict

convict
  • Players
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:25 PM

Played today, very sensible refereeing who allowed lots of water breaks and ensured player safety was looked after. Credit to him, not sure of his name, was Acorn game.

#6 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,804 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:39 PM

It must be the RFL who are responsible for this heatwave!!! Aint that right marauder?

Who has taken the game into a season where your most likely to have a heatwave?

#7 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,804 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:43 PM

Played today, very sensible refereeing who allowed lots of water breaks and ensured player safety was looked after. Credit to him, not sure of his name, was Acorn game.

Sandspine read the above and you'll understand what I'm getting at. (Little clue, Rugby League is a game of attrition)

#8 Sandspine

Sandspine
  • Coach
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:32 PM

Those pesky suits are out to kill us, players Could catch sunstroke in this weather!!!!!. It would never happen in the winter....... unless the fire in my lounge is on too high when Im waiting months for a game to be played due to cancelations from frozen pitches.

#9 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,804 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:31 PM

Those pesky suits are out to kill us, players Could catch sunstroke in this weather!!!!!. It would never happen in the winter....... unless the fire in my lounge is on too high when Im waiting months for a game to be played due to cancelations from frozen pitches.

I think on average you'll get 2 to 3 weeks when the ground is frozen ;)

#10 Sandspine

Sandspine
  • Coach
  • 142 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:50 PM

Wasn't it 2 years ago than teams didn't have games for around 11 weeks? I'm not saying I'm 100% pro summer and I can see the advantages for both seasons but you really do have a blinkered view. You need to take your rose tinted glasses off and realise everything was not perfect in winter rugby. If you are so pained by summer rugby, the RFL and the NCL (who, contrary to what you believe, are NOT run by the RFL) then please take your narrow minded view to another forum. There are plenty of winter leagues still going that you can get involved with. That way you wont have to be so terribly annoying, turning EVERY topic, however unrelated, into an anti RFL anti summer argument. You are becoming a laughing stock and so very tiresome.

#11 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,804 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:52 PM

Wasn't it 2 years ago than teams didn't have games for around 11 weeks? I'm not saying I'm 100% pro summer and I can see the advantages for both seasons but you really do have a blinkered view. You need to take your rose tinted glasses off and realise everything was not perfect in winter rugby. If you are so pained by summer rugby, the RFL and the NCL (who, contrary to what you believe, are NOT run by the RFL) then please take your narrow minded view to another forum. There are plenty of winter leagues still going that you can get involved with. That way you wont have to be so terribly annoying, turning EVERY topic, however unrelated, into an anti RFL anti summer argument. You are becoming a laughing stock and so very tiresome.

I don't have a blinkered view, I had 7 years of summer rugby so I'd say I've got a little bit more experience than someone who has had one and half seasons, what's been the problems so far in the NCL will not get better.

I'll tell you what will creep in, player `A` will say to player `B` "Are you playing this weekend" Player `B` will say "Is player `C`, `D` & `E` playing" once the feed back gets to player `A` saying "No they are on a bachelor do" player `B` will say "I'm not bothering I've got this or that to do" The dreaded downward spiral that has been the demise of many a good pub side.

Edited by Marauder, 14 July 2013 - 04:54 PM.

#12 ROOSTER1980

ROOSTER1980
  • Players
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:14 PM

I don't have a blinkered view, I had 7 years of summer rugby so I'd say I've got a little bit more experience than someone who has had one and half seasons, what's been the problems so far in the NCL will not get better.

I'll tell you what will creep in, player `A` will say to player `B` "Are you playing this weekend" Player `B` will say "Is player `C`, `D` & `E` playing" once the feed back gets to player `A` saying "No they are on a bachelor do" player `B` will say "I'm not bothering I've got this or that to do" The dreaded downward spiral that has been the demise of many a good pub side.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz

#13 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,804 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:25 PM

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Got the `T` shirt

#14 Sandspine

Sandspine
  • Coach
  • 142 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:21 PM

I'll tell you what will creep in, player `A` will say to player `B` "Are you playing this weekend" Player `B` will say "Is player `C`, `D` & `E` playing" once the feed back gets to player `A` saying "No they are on a bachelor do" player `B` will say "I'm not bothering I've got this or that to do" The dreaded downward spiral that has been the demise of many a good pub side.[/quote]

And that never happened in winter did it. Can ANY club say they never had to phone round on a sat morning to try and scratch a team together in the winter era? Nope I didn't think so. You really are a tedious man with a massive chip on your shoulder. Why do you insist on commenting on an NCL if you hate us so much and have nothing to do with any NCL club?

#15 old papa

old papa
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:40 PM

I'll tell you what will creep in, player `A` will say to player `B` "Are you playing this weekend" Player `B` will say "Is player `C`, `D` & `E` playing" once the feed back gets to player `A` saying "No they are on a bachelor do" player `B` will say "I'm not bothering I've got this or that to do" The dreaded downward spiral that has been the demise of many a good pub side.[/quote]

And that never happened in winter did it. Can ANY club say they never had to phone round on a sat morning to try and scratch a team together in the winter era? Nope I didn't think so. You really are a tedious man with a massive chip on your shoulder. Why do you insist on commenting on an NCL if you hate us so much and have nothing to do with any NCL club?
[/quote]I agree in 2006 My club Milford Marlins travelled to Rochdale Mayfield with 14 players one of those was a 45 year old who was injured and could not have gone on to the field. we had rung around and just got anyone to come and play two of which had not played for us before and have not played for us since. Not only did we have only the 14 players but we only had myself, The coach and 1 other committee man who bothered to travel. So yes we have had to phone round in the winter season and not only for this game we also had to scrap our A team half way through one season think it was in 2005 for lack of numbers.
[/quote]

Edited by old papa, 14 July 2013 - 10:42 PM.

#16 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,804 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:12 AM

If you haven't seen the news 2 young very fit soldiers have lost their lives on Brecon over the weekend and a third is fighting for his life.

#17 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,804 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:17 AM

It did happen with pub teams all the time, but the NCL is supposed to be the elite of the amateur game with a ready made conveyor belt to the first team and your not going to tell me that this conveyor belt system is not being over loaded, maybe the answer will be the same has super league and a reduction in teams is the answer (one team one town)

#18 casyorkie

casyorkie
  • Coach
  • 225 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:20 AM

If you haven't seen the news 2 young very fit soldiers have lost their lives on Brecon over the weekend and a third is fighting for his life.

Poor to compare waht happened with the soliders, no comparison what they went through

#19 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,804 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:24 AM

Poor to compare waht happened with the soliders, no comparison what they went through

What is the common factor  "SUN"

Edited by Marauder, 15 July 2013 - 09:25 AM.

#20 casyorkie

casyorkie
  • Coach
  • 225 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:32 AM

What is the common factor  "SUN"

Still think its poor and scraping barrel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users