Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Games off as its too sunny lol

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,808 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:38 AM

Still think its poor and scraping barrel

"How long before we have a similar incident ?

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#22 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 529 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:59 AM

I'll tell you what will creep in, player `A` will say to player `B` "Are you playing this weekend" Player `B` will say "Is player `C`, `D` & `E` playing" once the feed back gets to player `A` saying "No they are on a bachelor do" player `B` will say "I'm not bothering I've got this or that to do" The dreaded downward spiral that has been the demise of many a good pub side.[/quote]

And that never happened in winter did it. Can ANY club say they never had to phone round on a sat morning to try and scratch a team together in the winter era? Nope I didn't think so. You really are a tedious man with a massive chip on your shoulder. Why do you insist on commenting on an NCL if you hate us so much and have nothing to do with any NCL club?

this did happen in the winter, phoning round for players but it was mainly reserve teams who had to phone round because in winter the first team coach had a pool of players in the second team to call upon,  now some of the first team coaches are having to phone round,   in division three north west mens league where the majority of the A teams play over our end,  Blackbrook A team are currently sitting  top,  they have had 50% of games given them, FACT not speculation,

the team who are currently sitting second in division  3 have only won two game but because  the amount of games they have been given they have charged up the table,

correct me if im mistaken but one factor to move to summer was to attract more players, now the evidence Not speculation is their in front for anyone to see, can we at least agree that summer does not attract more players? 

I will agree with your point players would much sooner play in better condition, but they would much sooner play in a more settled side that doesn't change so dramatically every week.

its plain to see most in favour of summer as long as we can turn out the first team (who give a sh-t about all the hundreds of lads who don't get a game each week)

#23 casyorkie

casyorkie
  • Coach
  • 225 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:41 AM

"How long before we have a similar incident ?

You were involved in summer rugby for i think you said 7 years has it happened in those 7 years and if it didnt why do you think it will now.

#24 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,808 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:36 PM

You were involved in summer rugby for i think you said 7 years has it happened in those 7 years and if it didnt why do you think it will now.

SAS & just about everyone else who has served in the armed forces have gone up into the Brecon's for years as well, the first will be one to many. Ironically a professional game was called off at the weekend because of the lack of medical cover of the correct standard, which brings me onto who is responsible if it happens and is there any guidelines for the person responsible? 

http://www.totalrl.c...-results/page-2 how close, we will never know.

Edited by Marauder, 15 July 2013 - 04:40 PM.

#25 Sandspine

Sandspine
  • Coach
  • 142 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:50 PM

correct me if im mistaken but one factor to move to summer was to attract more players, now the evidence Not speculation is their in front for anyone to see, can we at least agree that summer does not attract more players?

I will agree with your point players would much sooner play in better condition, but they would much sooner play in a more settled side that doesn't change so dramatically every week.

its plain to see most in favour of summer as long as we can turn out the first team (who give a sh-t about all the hundreds of lads who don't get a game each week)

I think you have me mistaken SBull, I am neither for or against summer rugby, both have advantages and disadvantages, all I want is the best leagues around and AMATEUR players playing for the love of the game. What I do disagree with is every post getting turned into an anti RFL anti summer anti anything that isnt winter rugby argument with blinkers on. A simple comment about a ref allowing players to drink water in the hot weather was followed by an extract from the rule books complaining!!!! Summer rugby is in its teething stage, if it doesnt work it should switch back to winter but certain individuals are so stuck up/ignorant they can not see past their own opinions. And bringing the deaths of 2 serving TA soldiers into it, trying in some sick way to use it to their own advantage is appaling and shamefull!!!!!

#26 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,897 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:57 PM

SAS & just about everyone else who has served in the armed forces have gone up into the Brecon's for years as well, the first will be one to many.

You know that people have died before on Selection in both summer and winter conditions (see below from the BBC website)! You can't compare this where individuals are alone in the mountains to a rugby field where there is help around all over the place.

"Soldiers have died there in the past, a number of those have been in winter snows, he adds. The most recent death of a soldier there was in January. The Daily Mail reported that Capt Rob Carnegie, 30, of the Royal Signals, had been on a march as part of an SAS selection, in freezing conditions."

Edited by GeordieSaint, 15 July 2013 - 06:11 PM.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#27 Jack Leach

Jack Leach
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:40 PM

Sbull
Get your facts right before posting rubbish on the forum. The team lying second in NWML Division 3 have won four games, drawn one and lost one, away to Blackbrook.they have had FIVE WALK-OVERS. HOW MANY 24-NIL GAMES HAVE THE TEAM SITTING AT THE TOP BEEN AWARDED? FIVE

#28 Jack Leach

Jack Leach
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:50 PM

Sbull here are the stats for NWML Div.3
Games Awarded Games Conceded
Blackbrook None 5
Burtonwood Bridge 1 1
Crosfields 1 1
Ince Rose Bridge 0 6
Rochdale Mayfield 2 0
Saddleworth Rangers 1 5
St. Annes 5 0
Waterhead 4 1
Widnes West Bank 3 4
Wigan St. Cuthberts 2 5

Out of 50 games on my Results grid, games actually played 26, games conceeded 24. That's 48%.
After more rhan 50 years involvement in the amateur game as a player, referee, committee man, secretary and treasurer, I packed in a couple of weeks ago, I was sick of receiving phone calls at 1.00pm on Saturday saying the game was off.

#29 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,808 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:01 PM

Blackbrook None 5
Burtonwood Bridge 1 1
Crosfields 1 1
Ince Rose Bridge 0 6
Rochdale Mayfield 2 0
Saddleworth Rangers 1 5
St. Annes 5 0
Waterhead 4 1
Widnes West Bank 3 4
Wigan St. Cuthberts 2 5

Out of 50 games on my Results grid, games actually played 26, games conceeded 24. That's 48%.
After more rhan 50 years involvement in the amateur game as a player, referee, committee man, secretary and treasurer, I packed in a couple of weeks ago, I was sick of receiving phone calls at 1.00pm on Saturday saying the game was off.

Odd number of games there.

#30 chisholm 2

chisholm 2
  • Coach
  • 313 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:21 PM

Blackbrook None 5
Burtonwood Bridge 1 1
Crosfields 1 1
Ince Rose Bridge 0 6
Rochdale Mayfield 2 0
Saddleworth Rangers 1 5
St. Annes 5 0
Waterhead 4 1
Widnes West Bank 3 4
Wigan St. Cuthberts 2 5

Hi Jack, I can assure you that your statistics do not tell the full story, I have had the unfortunate job of making the dreaded we cant raise a team phone call. I have always tried to be fair to our opponents and were possible make the call as soon in the week as possible. I know for a fact that some of our opponents have also had no team and have played the waiting game and we have lost points by being honest and upfront. I wish we all could be upfront with each other.

#31 old fiddle

old fiddle
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:27 PM

As I said earlier some leagues maybe better in winter. Ncl seems comfortable in summer, but the full trial period followed by a consultation and vote will determine if thats a correct assumption

#32 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 529 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:06 AM

Sbull
Get your facts right before posting rubbish on the forum. The team lying second in NWML Division 3 have won four games, drawn one and lost one, away to Blackbrook.they have had FIVE WALK-OVERS. HOW MANY 24-NIL GAMES HAVE THE TEAM SITTING AT THE TOP BEEN AWARDED? FIVE

Jack

My post was taken from the table and only show the last 10 Games, my comments were directed at the amount of games that get called off, any current NCL team who can raise a reserve  team should be congratulated,  However Highlighted  in Bold the result  from the 18/05/2013 is the last time the team in second had  won a game, yet with the gamed that have been awarded they are pushing for promotion,( not there fault Granted) Wouldn't the lads sooner have played and lost than not played at all ?

the other games apart from the Draw, have been a  cup game and Friendlies, in my previous  post I did also mention the team sitting top have had even more Games awarded.

are these Fact correct are have I miss read something? 

4/05 18/05 01/06 08/06 15/06 22/06 22/06 29/06 06/07 13

58-14 12-46 24-24 36-26 0-24 24-0 16-28 18-34 22-18 24-0

Top of division  3, im sure these lads are enjoying Summer rugby!!!, all the gives given have been given by NCL clubs, or to keep the figure looking good , do we not class reserve teams as part of the NCL?

11/05 18/05 01/06 08/06 15/06 15/06 22/06 29/06 06/07 13/07

0-34 24-0 24-0 12-20 0-24 24-24 40-4 24-0 22-18 24-0

How long will Lads keep turning up not knowing if there opponents  can raise a team ?

yes reserve game got called off in winter but only a fraction to what are getting called off now.

it is also worth mentioning that it isn't just reserve team player who don't turn up, the majority of first teams in the NLC are a mixture of first and second team player yet people would still have us believe that the standards have improved,,

I apologise in advance before I get accused  of being anti summer,  its just some people can spot the obvious before others.

Edited by sbull, 16 July 2013 - 06:09 AM.

#33 casyorkie

casyorkie
  • Coach
  • 225 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:42 AM

SAS & just about everyone else who has served in the armed forces have gone up into the Brecon's for years as well, the first will be one to many. Ironically a professional game was called off at the weekend because of the lack of medical cover of the correct standard, which brings me onto who is responsible if it happens and is there any guidelines for the person responsible? 

http://www.totalrl.c...-results/page-2 how close, we will never know.

The game called off seems to ber missunderstanding on definiton of medical cover as it has been reported this paramedic has covered at games before.

#34 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,808 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:28 PM

The game called off seems to ber missunderstanding on definiton of medical cover as it has been reported this paramedic has covered at games before.

Looks like the match commissioner read the method statement and had no option, if anything had happened it would have fallen into his lap.

#35 Jack Leach

Jack Leach
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:07 AM

Yes, Sbull your facts are almost correct, but we have to put another walk-over on for last weeks game.
You are correct in saying that clubs know well in advance that they are unable to raise a team but decide to hold on until the last minute hoping the opposition ring to forfiet the game.
A fortnight ago a NCL club travelled over the 'Hill' with 13 players, yet the 'A' team had a walk-over, the following week-last Saturday- the 1st team had no fixture and they still couldn't raise a side for the NWML hence the latest 24-nil. this week we've no game again, fortunately in this weather they can take the wife and kids out.

#36 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 529 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:04 AM

I apreciat Winter was no walk in the park by a long shot, towards the end of a season when some reserve team where safe are could not gain promotion, a few games would be given, at least it was still a good competitive compertotion, now it's a joke, the last time our club played ( reserves) our opponents turned up at our place with 10 men, ( good on um) we had 16 from memory but ended up only playing with 10 ourselves but with 4 subs, the other two where not that bothered about playing so went home, since then the attitude ( and you can not blame them) is I'm not missing work are turning up on the off chance we are our opponent can not rais a team,
We have tried but you can not put a squir peg in a round hole.

If this continues it is difficult to believe that people think that this will not seriously affect the first team in time to come.

Although I can be stubborn at times ( apparetly) I honestly wish I'm wrong and the game will flourish for the benefit of the players and admin / committee men who have put long service in over the years who can not believe what is happening,

We are amitures and should run our game to suit our needs, not the RFL.

#37 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,769 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:32 AM

Looking at this from a different angle and to try and see if summer rugby really is working in the NCL how many NCL reserve teams games have been conceded to enable the first team to play ?

#38 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,808 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:14 AM

Yes, Sbull your facts are almost correct, but we have to put another walk-over on for last weeks game.
You are correct in saying that clubs know well in advance that they are unable to raise a team but decide to hold on until the last minute hoping the opposition ring to forfiet the game.
A fortnight ago a NCL club travelled over the 'Hill' with 13 players, yet the 'A' team had a walk-over, the following week-last Saturday- the 1st team had no fixture and they still couldn't raise a side for the NWML hence the latest 24-nil. this week we've no game again, fortunately in this weather they can take the wife and kids out.

These are the facts that are being plastered over by the people running the amateur game for the RFL (SHAME ON YOU)