Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Nationwide RL Hubs - Riley's Bars

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 brooza

brooza
  • 4,420 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:47 AM

I've just received an email from the RFL saying that the first time I go to Riley's to watch a match I will also get free membership to Riley's a free pint and two hours free snooker or pool. This offer is open to RFL members. Does that only mean Nigel, Brian and Ralph can take advantage of it?

http://iota.ecommzon...669ad1/home.htm

Think it just means members of their mailing list

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#22 brooza

brooza
  • 4,420 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:48 AM

I've just received an email from the RFL saying that the first time I go to Riley's to watch a match I will also get free membership to Riley's a free pint and two hours free snooker or pool. This offer is open to RFL members. Does that only mean Nigel, Brian and Ralph can take advantage of it?

http://iota.ecommzon...669ad1/home.htm

As an aside, the code on mine is exactly the same, so I'll be pringting out a few for people down here

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

#23 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,578 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:22 PM

Think it just means members of their mailing list

How do you prove that to Riley's? The link I posted is a direct link from the e mail sent out by the RFL.

rldfsignature.jpg

#24 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,089 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:45 PM

How do you prove that to Riley's? The link I posted is a direct link from the e mail sent out by the RFL.

You print out the leaflet basically.

They are offering all sorts of free memberships at the moment, but this is quite a good deal.

#25 Manx RL

Manx RL
  • Coach
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:19 PM

Are they out of administration yet?
- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

#26 brooza

brooza
  • 4,420 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:53 PM

No Premier Sports at their club in Stevenage, as I discovered last night.

#27 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,278 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:57 PM

Riley's. Stevenage.

Some fresh Circle of Hell there.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#28 welshmagpie

welshmagpie
  • Coach
  • 428 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:42 PM

Have you let them know that this shouldn't be the case?

#29 brooza

brooza
  • 4,420 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:24 PM

Riley's. Stevenage.

Incredibly packed car park (which really needs resurfacing, it's worse than the one at Hemel!) but 3 people in!

Have you let them know that this shouldn't be the case?

Email sent to various addresses at RFL and Rileys. Got a response from David Gent saying he would look into it.

#30 donny donny

donny donny
  • Coach
  • 117 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:56 PM

We went to the one in Newport on Sunday to try and catch the PNG v France game before we set off home and they didn't have Premier Sports either.

#31 brooza

brooza
  • 4,420 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:06 AM

We went to the one in Newport on Sunday to try and catch the PNG v France game before we set off home and they didn't have Premier Sports either.

I've just let them know that too

#32 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:31 AM

I know this is probably a disgrace considering we have no Title Sponsor, but the RFL have joined up with Riley's to have hubs where they will show live games on their screens:

http://www.rlwc2013....ubs-launched-in

I'm hopeful that they will do this in Edinburgh, as whilst I have Premier it will be nice to watch a couple of the games in pubs which can be tough at times up here.

Good stuff if done properly.

What a strange photo on that link!

And it seems there aren't any in Yorkshire except Hull. Nevermind. Fingers crossed it works.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#33 kosh2262

kosh2262
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:12 AM

Just to add something here, recently I've been dealing with a local social club about screening some rugby on their TV's over football. Their response surprised me, anyway.

Apparently the RFU subsidise their Sky Sports package on the proviso that Union must take precedence over any other sports if there's a clash.

Wonder if the RFL have tried/could try this. All due respect to Rileys I don't think I would particularly want to go to my local one. Calling it a dive would be kind.
Malcolm Tucker: Fatty?
Jamie: Oh, aye, Fatty, wee Spiderman in his ###### pyjamas, what a ###### idea. From now on it's a proper fight; It's a pomp-fight, Motherwell rules. And Tom is gonna get a pint glass in his ###### eye and a pool cue up his ###### and another pool cue in his other ###### eye.
Malcolm Tucker: Geoff Holhurst?
Jamie: What, Mister Baby New Potato-Head? ###### off.

#34 brooza

brooza
  • 4,420 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:27 AM

Just to add something here, recently I've been dealing with a local social club about screening some rugby on their TV's over football. Their response surprised me, anyway.

Apparently the RFU subsidise their Sky Sports package on the proviso that Union must take precedence over any other sports if there's a clash.

Wonder if the RFL have tried/could try this. All due respect to Rileys I don't think I would particularly want to go to my local one. Calling it a dive would be kind.

The RFL do subsidise the Sky Sports package for amateur rugby league clubs.

At our clubhouse (which we share with the local resident's association), it's cheaper to get Sky Sports 1-4 than it was for them to just get SS 1-2 before we moved in.

I don't think they have stipulations on what sports should be shown though

#35 Brisvegan

Brisvegan
  • Coach
  • 177 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:00 PM

Riley's. Stevenage.

I s'pose so, as would be the nearest Riley's to me, Croydon; as excellent a venue in which to obtain a quote to have one's driveway block-paved as that undoubtably is .   :ph34r:

I think I shall just content myself with listening to Radio 5 extra and hang out until the BBC weekend highlight package.

#36 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,278 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:02 PM

I have had many a good time in Riley's Thornton Heath.

For 'good' read 'drunken and not that aware'.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#37 Brisvegan

Brisvegan
  • Coach
  • 177 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 01:36 PM

I have had many a good time in Riley's Thornton Heath.

For 'good' read 'drunken and not that aware'.

Ah, Thornton Heath, Croydon's hipster district. Take that Shoreditch!

#38 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,909 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:27 PM

Ah, Thornton Heath, Croydon's hipster district. Take that Shoreditch!

Cricky must have changed abit in the last ten years then!  The walk from Thornton Heath train station to "Storm Park" always used to feel like a long, if not briskly paced one!