more investment at featherstone

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
82 replies to this topic

#1 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:52 PM

featherstone rovers are set to get 1 to 2 million pound investment from the 2014 season onwards keeps getting better to be a fev fan

#2 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,435 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:54 PM

Any more detail?

#3 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:00 PM

meeting on weds in london with mark fiesel and craig to meet new investers ?? full story on rovers website happy days??

#4 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:01 PM

Great news, investment in rugby league is investment in rugby league whether it's in London or featherstone.

#5 Railway End

Railway End
  • Coach
  • 496 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:10 PM

Link here:

http://www.featherst...le.php?id=11822

I hope this extra investment comes to fruition.  Featherstone need to be congratulated for the way the club continues to move forward.

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

#6 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:00 PM

Has any decision been made on the salary cap for the 2nd division yet?

I hope it's not still £300k for next year, we need to start building a team that capable of winning promotion in 2015 and competing in 2016.

That's not to say all the brass will be spent on players, there's still plenty of infrastructure that requires funding.

#7 DAZROVER1985

DAZROVER1985
  • Coach
  • 322 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:01 PM

Nice to see they have already invested in a centre of excellence for developing stars of the future, sounds like fev will be playing at the top level in the not too distant future. A club doing it properly from the bottom up

#8 jpmc

jpmc
  • Coach
  • 497 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:22 PM

It sounds like more good news for the fev faithful,i hope it all come off for you.Also if fev have the financial ability to go full time or a mixture of pro and semi pro players next season then IMO they should be asking the rfl for a SC exemption ASAP then they dont need to make any rushed decisions later on.

#9 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,991 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:57 PM

A club doing it properly from the bottom up

I'm delighted at the way investment seems to be going their way, time for them to have their chance after 17 years. But I don't agree that wedges of such as £100K and £1M - £2M is "doing it from the bottom up". Sure they are investing in more than a first team so they are creating a sound base, if that's what you meant, but if and when they get there it will be large private investment that gets them there.

#10 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,022 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:10 PM

Punctuation and clarity are overrated.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#11 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:27 PM

Punctuation and clarity are overrated.

squirm baby squirm ;)

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#12 Rover and out

Rover and out
  • Players
  • 99 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:44 PM

I'm delighted at the way investment seems to be going their way, time for them to have their chance after 17 years. But I don't agree that wedges of such as £100K and £1M - £2M is "doing it from the bottom up". Sure they are investing in more than a first team so they are creating a sound base, if that's what you meant, but if and when they get there it will be large private investment that gets them there.

Same as every team in sl then? End of the day money talks and the only way a team like Fev has got any chance of getting in sl is by buying there way in. Like you say at least we're building a solid base and not just chucking money at the 1st team.

And for what it's worth I still don't think sl will come knocking for us any time soon 😑

#13 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,435 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:48 PM

Any updates on the stadium, as in photos?

#14 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:12 PM

Well done yet again to all concerned. A great club going about its business in exemplary fashion. The future's very bright
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#15 Fax1978

Fax1978
  • Coach
  • 568 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:37 PM

Excellent news for fev onwards but unfortunately no matter what I just cannot see upwards, there seems to be too much politics stacked against them same for fax, leigh not so much sheff and also the drop to 12.
Still great news to see such a level of investment in the game which will give more young players the opportunity to progress.

#16 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:44 PM

Any updates on the stadium, as in photos?

Best I can find

Attached File  Side View.jpg   64.02KB   1 downloads

Attached File  Front View.jpg   42.67KB   1 downloads

#17 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,435 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:24 PM

Thanks mate

#18 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,939 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:35 PM

Excellent news for fev onwards but unfortunately no matter what I just cannot see upwards, there seems to be too much politics stacked against them same for fax, leigh not so much sheff and also the drop to 12.
Still great news to see such a level of investment in the game which will give more young players the opportunity to progress.

there seems to be too much politics stacked against them

such as what?  I doubt you can back that victimhood up.

#19 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,034 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:47 PM

Is this not the old political trick of recycling old money promised as new money promised because circumstances offer you the opportunity to make a  ' new' announcement.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#20 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:21 PM

Is this not the old political trick of recycling old money promised as new money promised because circumstances offer you the opportunity to make a ' new' announcement.

Oh dear! Whatever Padge. Is that really all you've got to say about this press release?

Edited by Terry Mullaney, 14 July 2013 - 12:00 AM.

Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users