- - - - -

more investment at featherstone

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
82 replies to this topic

#21 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,177 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 11:50 PM

Is this not the old political trick of recycling old money promised as new money promised because circumstances offer you the opportunity to make a  ' new' announcement.

In a nutshell no!!!
Im Fev and im proud

#22 Rover and out

Rover and out
  • Players
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:27 AM

Is this not the old political trick of recycling old money promised as new money promised because circumstances offer you the opportunity to make a ' new' announcement.

Why whenever there's some good news about Fev you and a few others always come on and make snide coments. For me good news about any club is good news for the game. Fair enough you dont have to be full of praise but if you don't like clubs like Fev doin well then don't coment.

#23 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:36 AM

Why whenever there's some good news about Fev you and a few others always come on and make snide coments. For me good news about any club is good news for the game. Fair enough you dont have to be full of praise but if you don't like clubs like Fev doin well then don't coment.

Because they think that we should either merge or have no ambition to be in the same League as there so called great clubs. Time to rise above it P and R is hopefully back, we are securing fresh investment and above all else we are top of the league again. Happy days.
"You cant be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes....I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy." -Sean Taylor, #21, Washington Redskins

#24 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,167 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:45 AM

But what is the good news?

It doesn't read like there's any new investment just a confirmation of previously promised funds and a desire to find the best ways of spending it on players and infrastructure.

That is all excellent - genuinely, it is - but it's hardly ground-breaking and it's what you'd expect the club to be doing heading towards 2015 anyway.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#25 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,941 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:12 AM

How much has Mr Nahaboo put into Fev so far ?

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#26 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:13 AM

It doesn't read like there's any new investment just a confirmation of previously promised funds and a desire to find the best ways of spending it on players and infrastructure.

That is all excellent - genuinely, it is - but it's hardly ground-breaking and it's what you'd expect the club to be doing heading towards 2015 anyway.

Seen as though Mr Nahaboo as been ripped to pieces by many on here for not following up on his financial backing at other clubs, then it is new news.

In addition the proposed changes back to P and R now moves the goalposts. I have been to a forum where Feisal said that there is no point throwing money at a squad before we were in SL but to invest in a solid squad capable of competing for all Championship trophys.

The board recognise that we now need to speed investment up ready for the promotion battle when 2 SL clubs will join the likes of Halifax, Batley and Leigh, which promises to be one hell of a battle. My mouth waters now just thinking about it.

So there you have it investment brought forward and on going backing from a bloke who as been accused of broken promises. In my opinion enough for a press release.

Edited by Ian (Pencil) Elliott, 14 July 2013 - 08:17 AM.

"You cant be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes....I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy." -Sean Taylor, #21, Washington Redskins

#27 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:10 AM

Well it's the first time I've seen figures of £1 to £2m mentioned. Feisal openly said that there was no point in heavy investment until it was decided that P & R would return to the sport.

'Its hardly ground breaking' Really? How many more clubs are building centres of excellence for future development of young players?
Rovers are a credit to the sport and deserve to prosper at the highest level despite how annoying it may be to some.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#28 Rover and out

Rover and out
  • Players
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:20 AM

Well it's the first time I've seen figures of £1 to £2m mentioned. Feisal openly said that there was no point in heavy investment until it was decided that P & R would return to the sport.

'Its hardly ground breaking' Really? How many more clubs are building centres of excellence for future development of young players?
Rovers are a credit to the sport and deserve to prosper at the highest level despite how annoying it may be to some.

Here here!

#29 Rover and out

Rover and out
  • Players
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:27 AM

The thing is people on here have a go at fans from the championship calling us doom and gloom mongers etc and saying all we do is moan and never have any praise for the game, but there the same people that come on topics like this trying to belittle what clubs like ours are doing

#30 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,142 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:29 AM

ah the same featherstone fans who made all the snide comments about widnes being bank rolled by steve o'connor and buying their way into super league...............short memories boys and girls.
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#31 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:46 AM

ah the same featherstone fans who made all the snide comments about widnes being bank rolled by steve o'connor and buying their way into super league...............short memories boys and girls.

What are you talking about? We won't be buying our way into SL as we've the opportunity to achieve promotion the right way now haven't we? Read the article, the investment isn't for second rate overseas players, its for developing facilities to promote excellence in young up and coming British lads.

Edited by Terry Mullaney, 14 July 2013 - 11:14 AM.

Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#32 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,151 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:54 AM

The thing is people on here have a go at fans from the championship calling us doom and gloom mongers etc and saying all we do is moan and never have any praise for the game, but there the same people that come on topics like this trying to belittle what clubs like ours are doing

Featherstone are doing al the right things in their quest to achieve a SuperLeague licence in 2015, and well done to them for embracing the spirit of licencing several years ago, buckling down to it and getting on with it.

Still, there are still some  championship doom and gloom mongers who  moan and never have any praise for the game: see the London V Sheffield topic for one example.

#33 Rover and out

Rover and out
  • Players
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:58 AM

I never said anything about widnes. Like I say I don't agree on having to buy your way in but it's the only way teams from the championship can get in.
For me I'd have two leagues of twelve with p & r but with minimum standards, if you win your league and meet the standards you're straight up, raise salary cap in championship so teams that aspire for sl and can afford to spend more can, plus parachute payments for teams getting relegated.

#34 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:07 AM

slightly different what we are doing compared to Steve O'Connor. For a start we have remained very competitive on the pitch, the sides Widnes put out for the last 2 seasons of the Championship were a complete joke for a club with a rich backer. Off the pitch we are building towards ticking all the boxes for what we thought would be a licence bid. Luckily we will hopefully be celebrating with the players just winning a grand final than waiting for an RFL announcement in a packed clubhouse.

#35 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:08 AM

Featherstone are doing al the right things in their quest to achieve a SuperLeague licence in 2015, and well done to them for embracing the spirit of licencing several years ago, buckling down to it and getting on with it.

Still, there are still some  championship doom and gloom mongers who  moan and never have any praise for the game: see the London V Sheffield topic for one example.

There's doom and gloom all over and even more so form SL club supporters since the announcement of the restructure.

#36 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,151 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:11 AM

Luckily we will hopefully ....

Luck? Hope? what happened to certainty? Not nailed on then?

#37 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:17 AM

Luckily we will hopefully ....

Luck? Hope? what happened to certainty? Not nailed on then?

Nothing is nailed on but with P and R, that's the beauty of sport. With more investment we will hopefully have a great chance of being a SL club via promotion. The way I have always wanted it.

#38 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,151 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:27 AM

I've just re-read the RFL news release on this. I may have missed something, but where does it say that licencing is being scrapped? In fact where does it give any detail as to what will happen only that there will be 12 teams in the elite comp.It may be that Fev will gain a licence but at whose expense? 

Edited by JohnM, 14 July 2013 - 11:28 AM.

#39 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,167 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:27 AM

Rovers are a credit to the sport .

As I've said, and continue to say.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#40 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,151 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:36 AM

Me too...they ARE a credit to the game.  You'll  get harangued endlessly if you don't agree.  You are not even allowed to discuss the issues and possible pitfalls the club faces or may face in relation to its overall position in the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users