more investment at featherstone

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
82 replies to this topic

#41 Rover and out

Rover and out
  • Players
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:19 PM

Same as you're not allowed to talk about the failings of sl teams and licensing without being told you're a reactionary flat capper who doesn't care about the game and only cares about their own clubs etc etc

#42 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,422 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:50 PM

Well it's the first time I've seen figures of £1 to £2m mentioned. Feisal openly said that there was no point in heavy investment until it was decided that P & R would return to the sport.

'Its hardly ground breaking' Really? How many more clubs are building centres of excellence for future development of young players?
Rovers are a credit to the sport and deserve to prosper at the highest level despite how annoying it may be to some.

Where did he say that Terry? I always thought he had committed to invest heavily in the infrastructure to get a place in SL.

#43 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,422 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:53 PM

I've just re-read the RFL news release on this. I may have missed something, but where does it say that licencing is being scrapped? In fact where does it give any detail as to what will happen only that there will be 12 teams in the elite comp.It may be that Fev will gain a licence but at whose expense? 

It says that they are now exploring two options, 1 which has the 8x3 split, and one which has more traditional P&R, so it would appear based on the RFL press release that it will be one of these two options.

#44 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,606 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:14 PM

Same as you're not allowed to talk about the failings of sl teams and licensing without being told you're a reactionary flat capper who doesn't care about the game and only cares about their own clubs etc etc

the people who follow sl teams on here are the ones who discuss the failings of those teams the most qv

the term flat capper is rarely if ever uswed-I think it might even contravene the terms and conditions-it tends to be used by supporters of your club when referring to themselves: there's even a cappers bar in your club house.

the term reactionary is often if not always used in relation to opinions and attitudes that are expressed, which some people consider reactionary and indeed self serving.

I have no idea where you have arrived at the conclusion you have expressed.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#45 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,606 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:15 PM

the people who follow sl teams on here are the ones who discuss the failings of those teams the most qv

the term flat capper is rarely if ever uswed-I think it might even contravene the terms and conditions-it tends to be used by supporters of your club when referring to themselves: there's even a cappers bar in your club house.

the term reactionary is often if not always used in relation to opinions and attitudes that are expressed, which some people consider reactionary and indeed self serving.

I have no idea how using any kind of logic or information, that  you have arrived at the conclusion you have expressed.

Keeping it local

#46 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,636 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:23 PM

Why is the (apparent) return of promotion and relegation considered to be an "emergency" ?
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#47 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:41 PM

Where did he say that Terry? I always thought he had committed to invest heavily in the infrastructure to get a place in SL.

He said it at a fans forum several months ago Dave when someone had the nerve to ask him how much he was going to invest. He made it clear that if and when the RFL decided on a transparent pathway via promotion he would then commit himself heavily in trying to make Rovers a force in the game. The club has already had considerable backing from him but going by what he said at the forum the serious business starts here now that P&R appears to have got the nod.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#48 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:42 PM

Double post

Edited by Terry Mullaney, 14 July 2013 - 03:49 PM.

#49 Rover and out

Rover and out
  • Players
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:57 PM

I have no idea how using any kind of logic or information, that you have arrived at the conclusion you have expressed.

Read through the threads regarding the proposed new systems and bringing back p&r and there's loads of comments saying the the reactionaries have got there way and that we'll be back to winter rugby being played in front of blokes in their flat caps with whippets, that people who want p&r back are self serving and don't care about the game. Lots of sweeping comments like that.
It just seems to me if you don't agree with the way the game has been run over the last few years you're classed as an ageing dinosaur who doesn't care about the game and that's not the case, it's just that some people don't think that licensing has worked and would like to see it changed. And I think there's certainly an argument to be made that that's the case

#50 Rover and out

Rover and out
  • Players
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:58 PM

Double post

Edited by Rover and out, 14 July 2013 - 04:59 PM.

#51 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,422 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:01 PM

He said it at a fans forum several months ago Dave when someone had the nerve to ask him how much he was going to invest. He made it clear that if and when the RFL decided on a transparent pathway via promotion he would then commit himself heavily in trying to make Rovers a force in the game. The club has already had considerable backing from him but going by what he said at the forum the serious business starts here now that P&R appears to have got the nod.

So was he lying last time he said he would be investing heavily, because he made claims of investment before the recent decision?

#52 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,917 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:09 PM

It says that they are now exploring two options, 1 which has the 8x3 split, and one which has more traditional P&R, so it would appear based on the RFL press release that it will be one of these two options.

Mode traditional p and r? Since when has p and r been traditional. "exploring options" is hardly confirmation.

#53 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,422 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:15 PM

Mode traditional p and r? Since when has p and r been traditional. "exploring options" is hardly confirmation.

John, I'm not too interested in getting into pedantic debates, you know as well as me what is happening.

We know the options that are still on the table, 2 have been ruled out - down to 10 or staying as is. The two still on the table are the two mentioned.

As for 'more traditional P&R' nobody said traditional to RL, or SL or anything. If I said to somebody 'traditional P&R' they would know what we mean, mainly due to the fact that our biggest sport in this country has P&R.

#54 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,606 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:26 PM

Read through the threads regarding the proposed new systems and bringing back p&r and there's loads of comments saying the the reactionaries have got there way and that we'll be back to winter rugby being played in front of blokes in their flat caps with whippets, that people who want p&r back are self serving and don't care about the game. Lots of sweeping comments like that.
It just seems to me if you don't agree with the way the game has been run over the last few years you're classed as an ageing dinosaur who doesn't care about the game and that's not the case, it's just that some people don't think that licensing has worked and would like to see it changed. And I think there's certainly an argument to be made that that's the case

that's right, although I'm not too sure there have been many if any references to flat caps and whippets. I think it's a victory for the self interested reactionaries-although referring to flat caps and whippets, isn't my style, and |I don't think it's the style of other people. I think the governing body charged with one of the most difficult jobns in sport have acted in good faith in the same way that they did when licensing was introduced. The result of this has been years of people acting the persecuted victim, bleating continually about fairness, morality, honesty(the last three displaying remarkable levels of hypocrisy) calling the sport and trhe people who run it a laughing stock and so on.

Have a look at what you said in your previous post and my response to it. your reply doesn't actually relate to what either you or I said. I also I think you made sweeping comments yourself

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso, 14 July 2013 - 05:28 PM.

Keeping it local

#55 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

So was he lying last time he said he would be investing heavily, because he made claims of investment before the recent decision?

Dave, I was at the same forum and I have posted my opinions on post 26.

Feisal explained clearly that his strategy would change if the RFL brought back P and R. Less than a week after an RFL announcement he is meeting with the board to plan the new strategy. Hope this helps.
"You cant be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes....I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy." -Sean Taylor, #21, Washington Redskins

#56 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,606 posts

Mode traditional p and r? Since when has p and r been traditional.

it isn't

and even when it was in place it was gerrymandered because it wasn't working

Keeping it local

#57 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,844 posts

He invested £300k into the club for his shareholding, depends if you class that as 'heavy' investment or not. Don't know if he's put anything further in over and above that.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#58 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,422 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:37 PM

He invested £300k into the club for his shareholding, depends if you class that as 'heavy' investment or not. Don't know if he's put anything further in over and above that.

http://www.featherst...le.php?id=10205

Back in January there was the 2nd press release about investing, this could be the £300k you refer to, I would class that as substantial in RL terms. 

I was interested in the quote that it wasn't worth investing heavily without P&R, when all the previous releases were about him investing heavily.

#59 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:04 PM

Dave, I was at the same forum and I have posted my opinions on post 26.
Feisal explained clearly that his strategy would change if the RFL brought back P and R. Less than a week after an RFL announcement he is meeting with the board to plan the new strategy. Hope this helps.

That's right Ian. Rovers had his considerable backing with their strategy when it was thought they would need to win a licence but things changed and P&R has been on the cards now for many months despite it only being ratified this week, hence his statement at the fans forum. Why would any body in their right mind throw a fortune at it if SL wasn't possible either by licence or promotion?

To the best of my knowledge Feisal has honoured every promise he's made to the club so far and I've no reason to think that he won't see the job through.

Edited by Terry Mullaney, 14 July 2013 - 07:09 PM.

#60 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,422 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

But let's be clear - he did invest in the club when there was no P&R?

Also, he has invested in the team - he said so in the press releases - his quote (thanks Ian) saying he would only invest to make them competitive for Championship trophies is, well... exactly what he should be doing isn't it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users