TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Defeat from the Jaws of Victory!

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 THE PIMPERNEL

THE PIMPERNEL
  • Players
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:51 PM

16-0 and then to lose 36-16 is not acceptable! Whatever the weather/referee situation it was the same for both sides! :(

#2 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:44 PM

Didn't expect that after the first 15 mins..not acceptable.!!

#3 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:55 PM

#4 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:03 PM

We are now bottom and in deep trouble with three difficult games against Workington away and Featherstone and Leigh at home to follow.Hate to say it but Gary Chambers looks completely out of his depth at this level,

#5 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:05 PM

#6 wayne_r

wayne_r
  • Coach
  • 386 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:08 PM

The key moment for me was when Mark Smith went off injured - everything went sour from then on............he is pivotal to the team's performance - we scored three top notch tries then let all slip away.

I noted Gary Chamber's comments on the website earlier in the week, saying how he wanted to secure a playoff spot - I think we will do well to avoid relegation and it pains me to say it but I think the two teams to be relegated will come from Barrow, Hunslet and ourselves..

Sorry, but after today it is hard to be positive............:(

#7 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:18 PM

We started brilliantly. Scored three awesome tries tben we were left speechless for an hour and deserved to lose

Keighley fans were an embarrassing bunch of childish shriekers. From the word go they appeared to be intent on banging on about our Warrington connection. If my dad could walk properly we'd have moved

So a quick message to them. If you think its sour grapes it isn't. You deserved a good win and scored a few nice tries. Your behaviour was infantile and demented.
Families older fans kids. A spreading delirium of stupidity
If that is supporting your team Keighley style....well good luck.

At least we won the cricket

#8 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:19 PM

We started brilliantly. Scored three awesome tries tben we were left speechless for an hour and deserved to lose

Keighley fans were an embarrassing bunch of childish shriekers. From the word go they appeared to be intent on banging on about our Warrington connection. If my dad could walk properly we'd have moved

So a quick message to them. If you think its sour grapes it isn't. You deserved a good win and scored a few nice tries. Your behaviour was infantile and demented.

#9 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

My repeating is catching.

#10 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:32 PM

what would we be saying Mark if the roles had been reserved and it was Keighley who had embraced DR like we have.As regards moving you should be thankful you weren't sat near Sarah Trace and that voice!

#11 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:33 PM

what would we be saying Mark if the roles had been reversed andit was Keighley who had embraced DR like we have.As regards moving you should be thankful you weren't sat near Sarah Trace and that voice!

Edited by duffymoon, 14 July 2013 - 05:34 PM.

#12 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:39 PM

Dave...I've got absolutely no problem with opinions which differ from mine
Incidentally I think its been established time and again that we all agree its far from ideal. Its just how you choose to adapt your attitude to it that differs from fan to fan.
I take it you weren't sitting near them. It wasn't banter. It wasn't support. It was vile.
If I have a point to make about DR screaming throughout a game at FELLOW fans is not the way to make it.

#13 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,598 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:53 PM

I noticed that Tyrone McCarthy was named in Warringtons 19 man squad for the Huddersfield game yet appeared for us today.I was under the impression that this Wasnt allowed ?

#14 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:08 PM

There was a distinct lack of braincells from that bunch.

Some very poor decisions from the ref in that first half. Tahraoui knocked on from the PTB for our 2nd try and then Smithy concedes a penalty for being injured. Genious.

The lack of ideas in the 2nd half was painful, although we didn't have the ball too often due to knock-ons and stupid penalties. Tahraoui being sin binned effectively ended the game for us.

We need 3 wins + bonus points I reckon, and right now I can't see us getting that. Improvment required. Please get the SWINTON lads back in the team, some (not all) of the DR lads are just not bothered or not up to it. I say that because it's hard to tell sometimes.

#15 Furryenzo

Furryenzo
  • Coach
  • 913 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:38 PM

I think the situation has to be looked at logically now, despite there being the odd glimmer of hopes in the Chambers reign, for example Hunslet away and a good first half showing at Sheffield, when we have needed too we have come up short. In dramatic fashion. I said before the game we should be aiming to win convincingly to stop them getting a bonus point, which would be a bad thing, us losing and getting a bonus point wasnt an option. Im afraid it was worse than that.

I could go on about how we started, some strange refereeing decisions, and some individual brilliance, but the truth of the matter is we are at the business end of the season now, and none of that matters, all that matters is the three points, and there is quite simply no excuse for losing at home by that amount to a team we are supposedly battling with to avoid relegation/get in the playoffs and a team who, lets be honest, werent that brilliant themselves today.

Im not going to call people names and point fingers at this and that. But if you are reading this Gary Chambers, as much as you seem like a nice bloke, you just need to walk away, you are not up to this particular task.

Edited by Furryenzo, 14 July 2013 - 08:40 PM.

Im only smiling because `no-one`'s found the bodies yet.

#16 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 947 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:25 AM

I'm still mystified myself. For the first 20 we looked like world beaters and then went on to look like we were being beaten by the world!
I'm also mystified by GCs substitution choices. Smith goes off injured and shortly after he replaces 3 forwards at the same time therefore removing the experience of Smith, McCarthy and Harrison all together. I think thats when we started to lose a grip.
Towards the end we went chasing the game and then the bonus point, handing a very flattering scoreline to Keighley, who to me looked second best in all departments during the game except doing the basics which won them the game!!!!!!!!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#17 wayne_r

wayne_r
  • Coach
  • 386 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:23 AM

I agree with LOYALION's comments - also think Harrison had a really good game, I also think every team I have seen beat Swinton this season seem to do the basics well, quick play the ball, running from deep and not playing panic rugby - even though Keighley were 16 points down they plugged away and did not start doing wild things............

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users