TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

TRL Helpdesk - photo hosting & selling

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,244 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:54 PM

Due to living in a fairly popular tourist location, I was thinking of trying to utilise my slowly developing photography skills to try to sell photos of some of the more popular local landmarks. This would be as a complete sideline to my day job; I'm not thinking of moving into professional photography as a living! My thoughts are that I might start out by displaying a few sample shots at my in-laws (who have a small caravan site) in order to gauge whether or not there might be any interest.

I know that there are a few photographers on here that earn at least part of their living from their work, so to any of you, does this seem like a sensible idea or wishful thinking? If it is reasonable, would you suggest I'd be best trying to sell prints, or by setting up a site on somewhere such as smugmug or zenfolio to direct people to?

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#2 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,017 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:42 PM

If you're wanting to "prey on" (for want of a better phrase0 tourists then you need to have them printed and get a local shop to sell them.

Znfolio is superb value for money but not for what you;re looking for in my opinion
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#3 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,017 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:43 PM

If you're wanting to "prey on" (for want of a better phrase0 tourists then you need to have them printed and get a local shop to sell them.

Znfolio is superb value for money but not for what you;re looking for in my opinion
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users