TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Challenge Cup Semi Final Draw

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

#21 Number 7

Number 7
  • Coach
  • 146 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:02 PM

Its a tradition on here to be the first in to claim a fix, no matter how far wrong you are

In that case I predict a Widnes V London final and if its not the its definitely a FIX!!!!!

#22 Southerner

Southerner
  • Coach
  • 939 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:17 PM

Surely it's unfair for the London semi to be played up north. Wouldn't it be a far better idea to stage the event in London to promote TGG down south?

#23 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,347 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:50 PM

Surely it's unfair for the London semi to be played up north. Wouldn't it be a far better idea to stage the event in London to promote TGG down south?

The RFL have few direct money streams, the CC is one, they take a third of all gates. They will play the game where it returns the best income. it would be absolutely crazy in the current economic climate to do otherwise. there are times to experiment and there are times to steady the ship. We are in turbulent times, we need to steady the ship, as far as RFL income goes. 

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#24 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,629 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:52 PM

In the interests of fairness and justice it should be played on colonsay
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#25 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:59 PM

In the interests of fairness and justice it should be played on colonsay

Talking out of your a*rse, surely?

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#26 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:00 PM

The RFL have few direct money streams, the CC is one, they take a third of all gates. They will play the game where it returns the best income. it would be absolutely crazy in the current economic climate to do otherwise. there are times to experiment and there are times to steady the ship. We are in turbulent times, we need to steady the ship, as far as RFL income goes.

Some things are more about fairness.

I think the crowd wont matter much where its played between Wigan and London, so why not play it in Sam Tomkins birthplace?

#27 The Big Gun

The Big Gun
  • Coach
  • 439 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:18 PM

Some things are more about fairness.

I think the crowd wont matter much where its played between Wigan and London, so why not play it in Sam Tomkins birthplace?

People seem to get quite hung-up on the fact that Tomkins was born in MK. I don't think the people of Milton Keynes are any more likely to turn out for a RL game than those of any other Southern town/city because a player was born there.

#28 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:35 PM

Talking out of your a*rse, surely?

what's his colon say?  :)

#29 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 10:39 PM

People seem to get quite hung-up on the fact that Tomkins was born in MK. I don't think the people of Milton Keynes are any more likely to turn out for a RL game than those of any other Southern town/city because a player was born there.

Agreed.

I am still backing a Widnes vs Hull final. :D

Edited by GeordieSaint, 14 July 2013 - 10:40 PM.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#30 colin84hunter

colin84hunter
  • Players
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:06 AM

How about we play both at one venue (Huddersfield) and do back to back games on the saturday, 2pm the 415pm

#31 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 799 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:17 AM

How about we play both at one venue (Huddersfield) and do back to back games on the saturday, 2pm the 415pm

Makes good sense. The TV guys will get the final say I guess

#32 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:27 AM

Shrewsbury's nice new ground would be a decent venue for the London game.

#33 Wilderspoolmemories

Wilderspoolmemories
  • Coach
  • 751 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:37 AM

It was a cynic's draw for certain.

Ah well, it'll be a good day out and we'll treat it as our final.....hang on, I'm sure I said that in 2005.... :unsure:

I said the same in 2009,2010,and 2012 ;)

2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16
2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6
2011 League Leaders Shield Winners
2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

#34 Wilderspoolmemories

Wilderspoolmemories
  • Coach
  • 751 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:43 AM

Re Semi final including London, even if played at the stoop only 2000 london fans would show up, so why make the WIDNES fans travel an unreasonable distance? :tongue:

2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16
2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6
2011 League Leaders Shield Winners
2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

#35 brooza

brooza
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:17 AM

Hull v Wire at Huddersfield

London v Wi(gan/dnes) at Leigh

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#36 Southerner

Southerner
  • Coach
  • 939 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:20 AM

London v Wi(gan/dnes) @ Leigh - what a Joke. How can the RFL expect any southerners to make that trip? It's over 4.5 hours there for me. Missed opportunity.

#37 brooza

brooza
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:22 AM

London v Wi(gan/dnes) @ Leigh - what a Joke. How can the RFL expect any southerners to make that trip? It's over 4.5 hours there for me. Missed opportunity.

It's probably to counter the fact they'll have home advantage for the final

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#38 League Express

League Express
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:43 AM

Please use new thread to discuss, thanks.

http://www.totalrl.c...ails-confirmed/

League Express is Britain's biggest selling Rugby League publication
On sale every Monday, in shops, on subscription and online for PC/MAC, iPad, iPhone, Android & Kindle Fire.
Follow us on Twitter @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users