Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Mr.Chambers.

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:40 PM

I don't think its very fair on Mr Kidd
Ive just watched Mr Sugar take a punt on the Apprentice
Who knows how something will work out?
We could have had a wow of a season.
To call it incompetence is just rude.
But personal comments don't apply now do they?

#22 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:25 PM

I don't think its very fair on Mr Kidd
Ive just watched Mr Sugar take a punt on the Apprentice
Who knows how something will work out?
We could have had a wow of a season.
To call it incompetence is just rude.
But personal comments don't apply now do they?

I think your correct Mark - when i seen what had happended at the end of last season I was one of the few that actually thought Swinton had done a good deal of business and would benefit ( on a playing front) from some of the highest rated youngsters together with some seasoned pros . But that assessment was based upon longevity and a long teram plan over the next 2/3 years. However with the latest news of under 23's returning it just seems to conspire against anything Swinton attempted to gain out of the relationship with Warrington.

#23 jpmc

jpmc
  • Coach
  • 522 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:51 PM

I think your correct Mark - when i seen what had happended at the end of last season I was one of the few that actually thought Swinton had done a good deal of business and would benefit ( on a playing front) from some of the highest rated youngsters together with some seasoned pros . But that assessment was based upon longevity and a long teram plan over the next 2/3 years. However with the latest news of under 23's returning it just seems to conspire against anything Swinton attempted to gain out of the relationship with Warrington.

Even if the u23s are brought back, does it have to mean the linked clubs will need to part company?. There will still be players coming back from injury and younger players that the mother club thinks would gain from playing in a higher standard comp

#24 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:51 PM

I would imagine the RFL will impose restrictions on which players can be used under DR,maybe age or number of first team appearances? Who knows,any things possible.

#25 jpmc

jpmc
  • Coach
  • 522 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:02 PM

I would imagine the RFL will impose restrictions on which players can be used under DR,maybe age or number of first team appearances? Who knows,any things possible.

If the rfl and the SL clubs deem this seasons DR system a success, then i thing they will let it continue plus as far as i know the rfl are still working with the border agency to allow over seas player to be DR'd

#26 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:10 PM

If the rumours are true about the return of academy under 23s then obviously it won't continue in its present guise.

#27 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,915 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:17 PM

Your figures may be an accurate record mark but surely Mendeika, Riley and Shaw would have played more if Warrington hadn't loaned them out to various clubs including themselves!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#28 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:23 PM

Your figures may be an accurate record mark but surely Mendeika, Riley and Shaw would have played more if Warrington hadn't loaned them out to various clubs including themselves!!!

The same can also be said for Gareth O'Brien and Danny Bridge.
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#29 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:35 PM

They aren't my figures Keith they are the figures. Maybe they would maybe they wouldn't.
A few matches here and there by anyone won't make much difference to the point made as a whole.
Thanks Phil for adding your tuppence worth. Always a pleasure

#30 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:44 PM

And how could we forget Brad Dwyer!
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#31 TomTomGo

TomTomGo
  • Coach
  • 237 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:19 AM

is it true that the players and coaching staff have not been getting paid? that may be the cause of most of the problems rather than the actual link up with Warrington

#32 parky

parky
  • Coach
  • 283 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:00 AM

I do not know you tell me.

#33 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:47 AM

Ahhh the old one that comes up every time

#34 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 333 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:33 PM

is it true that the players and coaching staff have not been getting paid? that may be the cause of most of the problems rather than the actual link up with Warrington

Is that the win bonuses you are referring to? ;)

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#35 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 931 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 12:58 PM

I thought Warrington were paying the wages?

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#36 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:08 PM

Even if the u23s are brought back, does it have to mean the linked clubs will need to part company?. There will still be players coming back from injury and younger players that the mother club thinks would gain from playing in a higher standard comp

The question is 

a) would they be able to renew the contracts ( & afford) the players which have come frpm Warrington on a one year deal ?

B) Would Warrington be able to field an Under23's without the players they reluctantly had to let go ( due to the acadmey structure) 

C) where would the players prefer to be playing next year

D) Do they think champ 1 is a better standard ( comp) then SL under 23's

expecially if relegation happended!

Its not just yourselves in this predicament I can see rochdale havng to recruit again next year 

Edited by wonderofwood, 23 July 2013 - 08:10 PM.