Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Doncaster today

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:47 PM

Another game that got away, why do we have to give teams 12 point leads before we wake up? What's in the pre match meal? With ball in hand we looked great at times but our one on one defence was a joke and cost us the game! We have Keinhorst playing yet he gets two passes all game, one he scores, give him some ball! James Coyle and Hood were terrible today, with Davies my MOM! Really dissapointed with today, a game we should and could have won, it's make or break now next week, defeat and it's relegation and I'm afraid the very future of the club at stake!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#2 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:22 PM

PLEASE Get some Help for Mr Heaton .

#3 MiBoy

MiBoy
  • Players
  • 90 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:29 PM

Another game that got away, why do we have to give teams 12 point leads before we wake up? What's in the pre match meal? With ball in hand we looked great at times but our one on one defence was a joke and cost us the game! We have Keinhorst playing yet he gets two passes all game, one he scores, give him some ball! James Coyle and Hood were terrible today, with Davies my MOM! Really dissapointed with today, a game we should and could have won, it's make or break now next week, defeat and it's relegation and I'm afraid the very future of the club at stake!

Thought Menzies went really well today too and considering he was only 80% fit following his ankle injury last week but still put his hand up to play. Shows a lot of character and comitment to the cause!!!

#4 pudsey hawk

pudsey hawk
  • Coach
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:32 PM

Next week is our last chance realistically but think we were down after home loss to swinton.

Its still the same every week with giving sides a start, then clawing it back followed by throwing it away.Dont know why we have so many coaches at the club, but non of them seem to have an effect on the team.Surely if we go down the whole future of the club cant be in jeopardy seen as we just cut our cloth accordingley.

#5 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 893 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:39 PM

If I'm being honest I expected worse today. So many new players and so little time to gel, at times it showed but all the new guys put in a decent shift. Having Keinhorst back was a plus, at the same time having Yates and Haley out was a big blow. Have to agree with the comments about Menzies, just about edged the man of the match for me.

Some good tries scored (Kain, Welham, Keinhorst) but some very poor tries conceded, and probably just about the right score overall.

I see the bonus point gets us off the bottom, it's now starting to look like the two relegated teams will come from us, Swinton, Barrow and York, so on to next week and the next "most important match of the season" ...

#6 weighman

weighman
  • Coach
  • 196 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:21 PM

From a Doncaster point of view ,after the 1st 10mins we were shocking for the next 1/2 hour. Hunslet took control and deserved the half time lead.
The 2nd half the Dons played with more determination & the Liam Kay try was the game breaker.

I am not sure there are just 4 clubs in the battle against relegation.

Out of interest how many players did you have on debut.

Edited by weighman, 15 July 2013 - 07:53 AM.

#7 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 893 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:25 PM

Well we signed five during the week and I think three played today, though I was a bit late and missed the reading of the teams.

You're right of course, Donny and Keighley could still drop back into the mix, but I see you have some very winnable home games coming up, get the results from those and you're going to be OK.

#8 weighman

weighman
  • Coach
  • 196 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:28 PM

Yes , Barrow, Swinton , York & Whitehaven.

#9 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:39 PM

I dont know if youre taking the p or just know jack about the game Hunslet72 but its not Heaton its Eaton.On today i missed the 1st ten mins and it was already 12-0 when i got in but for the rest of the 1st half we did ok. The 2nd half was abysmal, no other words to describe it, we have a full bk who continues to make schoolboy errors that have crucified us this season, a stand off who couldnt tackle a hot dinner and forwards who havent a clue how to offload in the tackle.We had the best centre in the division today and i think got 2 passes in the 2nd half.Where was Jake Normington and Lee Mapels today ??I knew we would miss Grimmer but jeesus not this mutch, its not just his try scoring its his defence thats been missed most.I think today was the final nail in the coffin, hope im wrong but cant see us escaping now.

Posted Image

#10 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:51 AM

Keep the Faith-- all is not lost.

I don't think Barry Eaton needs any help, he's already got 3 assistant coaches and a Chief Executive-- ok if you're top of the League, but we could manage without 4 of those, and still be in the same posistion. Remember the D/R players don't get paid if we loose ( just their Rhinos monthly cheque).

The fault is ours, those of us who are HIST members, and own the club. The HIST inner circle must take the blame--- they remind me of a well known Roman Emperor who liked to play the violin.

I see we've gone up a place in the league table--- onwards and upwards.

#11 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 893 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:21 AM

I have a feeling this week at Barrow is the make or break one tbh. Get three points from this and immediately we'll be out of the bottom two and hopefully get some impetus to carry us forward - there are still plenty other games where you would expect us to get some sort of points return.

No obvious injuries yesterday but a number of individual howlers, assuming there'll be one or two back available for next weekend, team selection will be very interesting - and critical to the outcome ..

#12 hunsletnewboy

hunsletnewboy
  • Players
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:23 AM

I dont know if youre taking the p or just know jack about the game Hunslet72 but its not Heaton its Eaton.On today i missed the 1st ten mins and it was already 12-0 when i got in but for the rest of the 1st half we did ok. The 2nd half was abysmal, no other words to describe it, we have a full bk who continues to make schoolboy errors that have crucified us this season, a stand off who couldnt tackle a hot dinner and forwards who havent a clue how to offload in the tackle.We had the best centre in the division today and i think got 2 passes in the 2nd half.Where was Jake Normington and Lee Mapels today ??I knew we would miss Grimmer but jeesus not this mutch, its not just his try scoring its his defence thats been missed most.I think today was the final nail in the coffin, hope im wrong but cant see us escaping now.

Says it all about the defence when top tackler against Keighley gets dropped for match against Doncaster. 

#13 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:58 AM

So was Maples dropped or training issues?
Posted Image

#14 gabby

gabby
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:02 AM

Our defence from acting half at play the balls was abysmal [as usual]. The two players there are supposed to stop them running from acting half, but ours just think it's a rest period. Okay, you may have to do two or three tackles on the trot, but later it's somebody else's turn. How many forward passes were given against us, about 6, whereas Doncaster maybe conceded one. The crowd probably won most of them, but at least one was forward, when Haigh waited till the man ran past him and then passed.

It is far better to remain silent and be thought a fool
than to open your mouth and prove that you are.

#15 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:18 AM

Our defence from acting half at play the balls was abysmal [as usual]. The two players there are supposed to stop them running from acting half, but ours just think it's a rest period. Okay, you may have to do two or three tackles on the trot, but later it's somebody else's turn. How many forward passes were given against us, about 6, whereas Doncaster maybe conceded one. The crowd probably won most of them, but at least one was forward, when Haigh waited till the man ran past him and then past him and then passed.

The players don't seem to know each others moves by the sound of this...........................

Edited by Blackbeard, 15 July 2013 - 08:46 AM.

#16 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:29 AM

Keep the Faith-- all is not lost.

I don't think Barry Eaton needs any help, he's already got 3 assistant coaches and a Chief Executive-- ok if you're top of the League, but we could manage without 4 of those, and still be in the same posistion. Remember the D/R players don't get paid if we loose ( just their Rhinos monthly cheque).

The fault is ours, those of us who are HIST members, and own the club. The HIST inner circle must take the blame--- they remind me of a well known Roman Emperor who liked to play the violin.

I see we've gone up a place in the league table--- onwards and upwards.

Et Tu Frisky

#17 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:40 AM

and Barrow got a bonus point after the hooter had gone v leigh, what a season of bad luck this is becoming.

Posted Image

#18 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:20 AM

The players don't seem to know each others moves by the sound of this...........................

when was last time we had a set move??
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#19 Cardigan Arms

Cardigan Arms
  • Coach
  • 550 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:45 AM

Barry Eaton is totally incapable of organising any form of set moves or game plan.
Then we have his abysmal selections.
How on earth does Pryce get in the team ahead of Maples or Brickwood. Like Eaton he is well past his sell by date.

#20 hunsletben

hunsletben
  • Players
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:04 AM

lets be honest weve had no luck whatsoever this season, Grimshaw getting injured was the biggest blow, no one can go through a gap like he can.Agree about Pryce, Brickwood, Mapals would be better options, that lad Davies looked ok yesterday but Houston is long past his sell by date, Oakes for his size should be doing far more, if we can keep keinhorst for the next 2 games weve a chance but without the rhinos we,d have been long gone by now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users