Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Doncaster today

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#21 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:43 AM

Thankyou for pointing out the correct spelling . I dont profess to know a deal about the game . All i see is the teams league position . I am being Polite and Diplomatic . Realisticly the coach should have gone after Swinton hammered us at home . The guy needs 'Gardening Leave'and Mr Daley Needs to be in Total Control . If this post upsets people then Tough ! I DO NOT WANT HUNSLET TO GO DOWN ! !

#22 gabby

gabby
  • Coach
  • 764 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:57 AM

lets be honest weve had no luck whatsoever this season, Grimshaw getting injured was the biggest blow, no one can go through a gap like he can.Agree about Pryce, Brickwood, Mapals would be better options, that lad Davies looked ok yesterday but Houston is long past his sell by date, Oakes for his size should be doing far more, if we can keep keinhorst for the next 2 games weve a chance but without the rhinos we,d have been long gone by now

I thought McAvoy had a decent game, showed lots of enthusiasm, but I didn't recognise a few players, so I can't say who did what really. That big lad looked decent though.

It is far better to remain silent and be thought a fool
than to open your mouth and prove that you are.

#23 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:16 PM

Thankyou for pointing out the correct spelling . I dont profess to know a deal about the game . All i see is the teams league position . I am being Polite and Diplomatic . Realisticly the coach should have gone after Swinton hammered us at home . The guy needs 'Gardening Leave'and Mr Daley Needs to be in Total Control . If this post upsets people then Tough ! I DO NOT WANT HUNSLET TO GO DOWN ! !

are you Paul Daley's agent or something?

#24 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:32 PM

Which either way you look at the Barry Eaton thing , he's still contracted for another year , so i would think it would cost Hunslet to sack him , i believe the RFL help with his wages , and part of his job is going round the schools and community spreading the word , still to many coaches tho............

#25 robt

robt
  • Coach
  • 726 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:07 PM

I thought Menzies had a good game given that he's recently been injured.

Anyway..

Highlights - 

Rob Terrace - Matchday Photographer / Highlights 'editor', Doncaster RLFC.

#26 LENIN

LENIN
  • Coach
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:12 PM

least it was hot. and the beers were great

forget the rest. not worth saying same things every week. nowt changes :pickeat:  :pickeat:

hunslet till i die

we will never go to watch the #### over the river ever

#27 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,495 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:42 PM

lookin at the video again that was bad defence when Kay went through from 30 yards and the goaline defence for the other 2 2nd half tries was just unaceptable.

Posted Image

#28 gabby

gabby
  • Coach
  • 764 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:01 PM

Don't think I'll be going to Doncaster again, feel totally ripped off. I paid £12 entrance as a concession, £4 for the car park and drinks at half time about £4.50. It's only £12 admission at Hunslet for an adult and £8 concession with free parking.

It is far better to remain silent and be thought a fool
than to open your mouth and prove that you are.

#29 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:56 PM

Don't think I'll be going to Doncaster again, feel totally ripped off. I paid £12 entrance as a concession, £4 for the car park and drinks at half time about £4.50. It's only £12 admission at Hunslet for an adult and £8 concession with free parking.

they've got to pay Paul Cooke somehow.

On a more serious note that's the down side of having a big new stadium, their rent will no doubt be massive hence the high price.

#30 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:23 PM

they've got to pay Paul Cooke somehow.

On a more serious note that's the down side of having a big new stadium, their rent will no doubt be massive hence the high price.

And another point of having a big new stadium.............lots of empty seats

#31 weighman

weighman
  • Coach
  • 201 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:28 PM

Fans contribute to paul cookes part time salary for development work.

#32 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,489 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:22 PM

It was my first visit to the Keepmoat, I personally thought it was a superb stadium, we had great seats which were padded and the bar facilities were first class. The playing surface was top notch and over all i think its a great venue, 

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#33 MikeFletchersBarmyArmy

MikeFletchersBarmyArmy
  • Coach
  • 459 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:48 PM

Charging 80% of the adult ticket is a shameful act by Doncaster.

Hunslet have at least the decency to charge half price of the adult ticket. Which seems like many clubs in the championship do not follow

#34 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,489 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:14 PM

Charging 80% of the adult ticket is a shameful act by Doncaster.

Hunslet have at least the decency to charge half price of the adult ticket. Which seems like many clubs in the championship do not follow

Wonder if Featherstone OAP's will be boycotting?  :rtfm:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#35 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:15 PM

Great stadium £15 adult £3child , And They have the Brilliant Paul Cooke , All week .Every week ! GREAT SET UP . Id like to wish ALL at HUNSLET , THE BEST OF LUCK at Barrow . I ve never seen us win there ,, am takin Barrow giving upto 12 .Dont Think Ill be LOSING ! !

#36 staitheclosehawk

staitheclosehawk
  • Players
  • 97 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:47 PM

Great stadium £15 adult £3child , And They have the Brilliant Paul Cooke , All week .Every week ! GREAT SET UP . Id like to wish ALL at HUNSLET , THE BEST OF LUCK at Barrow . I ve never seen us win there ,, am takin Barrow giving upto 12 .Dont Think Ill be LOSING ! !

Well you might be struggling with that as i hear that the club have registered Barry Heaton as a player and brought in Paul Daley to oversee matters in an advisory capacity, Mr Heaton will then move upstairs and Darren Robinson & Lee Hanlon will take over from 2014 to lead the club back from the wilderness. 

Edited by staitheclosehawk, 17 July 2013 - 01:48 PM.

#37 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,863 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:16 PM

Well you might be struggling with that as i hear that the club have registered Barry Heaton as a player and brought in Paul Daley to oversee matters in an advisory capacity, Mr Heaton will then move upstairs and Darren Robinson & Lee Hanlon will take over from 2014 to lead the club back from the wilderness. 

Does your nurse know you go on a computer?

#38 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:49 PM

mr heaton is lead singer of the beautiful south. If you mean barry eaton then your deluded!!!! Your robbo comment comfirmed that tho
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#39 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:57 PM

mr heaton is lead singer of the beautiful south. If you mean barry eaton then your deluded!!!! Your robbo comment comfirmed that tho

Not bad for a 1st post tho Macca , since we've D/R with Leeds , we seem to be getting a lot more newbies coming on here , being wind-up merchants.......

#40 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

Not bad for a 1st post tho Macca , since we've D/R with Leeds , we seem to be getting a lot more newbies coming on here , being wind-up merchants.......

theyve nowt better to do other than watch wigan take the pi*s
hunslet hawks champions 2010