Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

36 points

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,940 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:59 PM

EASILY the most we've conceded this season:

1. Whitehaven (36)
2. Leigh (23)
3. Leigh (20)

Edited by Chairman LMAO, 14 July 2013 - 08:00 PM.

#2 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:01 PM

Could have been far more, they'd have got 60 if they had turned up in the first half.

Seasons over, lets hope the vitrually new team we will have next year will bring us some optimism back.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#3 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:28 PM

Seasons over, lets hope the vitrually new team we will have next year will bring us some optimism back.

You're already out of the play-offs too? Wow that must have been some defeat yesterday!

Posted Image

#4 marko9

marko9
  • Coach
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:06 PM

The season not over by a long shot 7 games to go still look like finishing in play off,fev had a bad patch earlier in season

#5 vile rodders

vile rodders
  • Coach
  • 177 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:59 PM

I understand where he's coming from every season after we lose to Sheffield our season falls

apart. All the early season fight and spirit has vanished, we will make play offs but as soon

as we meet any of the top 4 we are out so therefore i concur Mr.Ellis.

#6 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:12 PM

he is the most negative person ever to grace the forums..........I feel sorry for his wife having to live with him.......if she still does that is....

I feel sorry for her too Gareths dad, at least she can move out, im stuck with me 24/7 - At least youll be on the Featherstone forum next year so you wont have to read my 'negativity'.

But to the more educated reader, im sure i come across as more realistic than negative.

Our record against the top 4 clubs speaks for itself and yesterdays performance was the worst yet.

Rumours of players moving, not being happy under Kear and splits in the dressing room are all too apparent on the field. It saddens me to say it, but what we are serving up does nothing to tell me anything other than we are merely going through the motions now.

Im sure there'll be people who disagree, but they must be watching a different team to the rest of us.

#7 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,801 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:13 PM

I understand where he's coming from every season after we lose to Sheffield our season falls
apart. All the early season fight and spirit has vanished, we will make play offs but as soon
as we meet any of the top 4 we are out so therefore i concur Mr.Ellis.

Thankyou Rod, the voice of reason as always.

#8 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:10 PM

Yep got to agree with BTJ and Rodders. Something has 'disappeared' in the last month within the squad. Whether its caused by more disappointment against the top 4, the unrest resulting from all the rumours, or a bit of a both, it feels like we've gone as far as we can this season.

Sad really after a very promising start. But 16 points in 7 minutes simply isn't good enough or a sign of progression.

We've been lucky over the last few years to maintain a nucleus of 10-12 players, which has been one of the reasons we've gone from bottom of the table to top 5, as consistency can only be a beneficial thing.

However, nothing lasts forever, and I think the wholesale changes likely at the end of the season can only be a good thing. Fresh ideas, new energy and perhaps players who can generate a different style of play on the field. No guarantee we will get that but I personally think its definitely time for a change. Otherwise the only way we are heading is backwards. Without naming players individually its quite apparent that a few have gone a little stale in comparison to last year and previous seasons. And perhaps they need a new challenge too. In my opinion anyway.

#9 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:47 PM

Our discipline yesterday was absolutely pathetic, as was our handling. The number of times we've knocked on this season must be mind-boggling, and the usual culprits were at their worst yesterday. Buford is right - unless some players give their heads a shake with some immediacy, the season is over. I fear it is already. Lots of rumours doing the rounds concerning player egos, discontent and dressing room stirring. It appears that there may be a few bad apples in our barrel. Apparently some feel that John Kear demands too much of them. How dare he have such high standards, truly shocking stuff..... Judging by Twitter posts, some of our 'stars' don't even seem able to handle the lightweight criticism that is posted on this forum. I'd suggest that they grow up, learn to take things on the chin and acknowledge that recent performances have been sub-standard. Sulking in the corner because paying fans (who spend a fortune on watching the club) have the temerity to question their undeniably poor recent performances is almost childlike in its petulance.

Edited by TheTerminator, 15 July 2013 - 07:58 PM.

Posted Image

#10 MOONEY

MOONEY
  • Coach
  • 937 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:30 AM

If they think the 'bagging' is bad at our club then heaven help them when they go somewhere else as i believe batley is pretty tame regarding player criticism. Maybe this is why some players will never fully 'make the grade' as their attitude is wrong towards the game as a whole? Very frustarating at the moment for me as we have the personnel to compete but this signing deadline is causing far too mush unrest amongst the players and us fans too! Here's back to winning ways against donny on Sunday?

#11 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:48 AM

When gareth moore returned to the club I feared the worst however he rolled his sleeves up and got stuck in.

Perhaps a loan to hunslet may rectify his arrogance or he may view this as a link to the rhinos which is more likely!

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#12 haven94

haven94
  • Coach
  • 318 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:19 AM

EASILY the most we've conceded this season:

1. Whitehaven (36)
2. Leigh (23)
3. Leigh (20)

give haven some credit we beat a very good batley team very quick around the play the ball. no panic for batley 

#13 henry oulton

henry oulton
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:31 AM

give haven some credit we beat a very good batley team very quick around the play the ball. no panic for batley

at last..... some sense!!!! :-)

#14 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,206 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:45 AM

I too have been waiting for some credit to Whitehaven. To score that many points against any of the top five is a credit.

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#15 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:16 PM

Personally, I'm not concerned about Whithaven's performance - and certainly have no desire to wax lyrical over it. What I am concerned with - as a Batley supporter on a Batley forum, is how and why the opposition were handed 16 points on a plate in the last seven minutes we were winning, and why our performance was once again dogged by awful handling and worsening discipline that led to 15 penalties being conceded. Throwing away a game that we were winning by 10 points with only seven minutes to go isn't cause for a "Well done Whitehaven!!", its cause for an exclamation of "What the hell were some our players thinking?". Last weeks effort at Fev looked as though it might signal a bit of turning point for our form. Our latest performance reveals that in fact there's something very, very wrong in our camp that has been festering for weeks.

Edited by TheTerminator, 16 July 2013 - 12:26 PM.

Posted Image

#16 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,206 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:28 PM

I agree Terminator. I was'nt at the game but if we had scored 16 points in the last seven minutes we would be raving how good we have played, but you are quite right from a Batley prospective its not looking good at the moment. Lets hope for better things against Donny and a chance to catch two of the top four as they play against each other.........assuming we can beat Donny that is :fie:

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#17 frank

frank
  • Coach
  • 758 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:36 AM

If there is one thing the Dogs got right this season, it's their defensive set up. Despite the result last Sunday, which was disappointing, points against them have been hard to come by. At this stage of the season, having played all the teams above them, they still have a  far better defensive record than any other team.Having watched them twice, they seem intent on playing one man rugby instead of  varying play by moving the ball  out wide where there seems to be plenty speed in the backline.Can't see any change until they change their tactics.I think one might be surprised by the results if they did.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users