Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

VIDEO - Swinton v Keighley

swinton lions keighley cougars highlights rugby league knockout loss victory

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 MICKY1920

MICKY1920
  • Coach
  • 249 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:02 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=PNS6t2X33AU

Visit my Rugby Video highlights page

http://www.youtube.com/user/MICKY1920

#2 wberry2013

wberry2013
  • Coach
  • 108 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:24 AM

Still cant believe the turn around in that game. Sadly that game will turn out to be the killer, times running out and players and coaches dont seem to be doing much about it.

What can we say........

Ps, nice video work

Wayne

#3 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:27 AM

Always a good video when we play Keighley. Good effort.

#4 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:49 AM

Credit where its due - superb quality pictures (presumably HD?).

A pity the same cannot be said for some of the defending on display - total lack of cohesion and spirit to cover for each other. The line was all over the place - Keighley didn't have to do anything too special to create scores

2 offences that could easily have resulted in straight red cards too.

Last week Gary Chambers said he was 'looking forward' to this match. He expressed similar sentiments in the build up to the Halifax match. To me its a strange statement to make when leading a team of professional players.
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#5 parky

parky
  • Coach
  • 280 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:11 PM

Apparently we are very good in training.

#6 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,918 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:40 PM

Amazing that the head tackle by shickell which led to him being felled like an old tree by Mccarthy was missed off those highlights ......;)

Still can see nothing wrong with it

Our tries were very good

What happened to us? It was a bizarre tun around

#7 wberry2013

wberry2013
  • Coach
  • 108 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:16 PM

Definitely nothing wrong with Mccarthy s big hit.

Wayne

#8 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:48 PM

A clear case of shoulder to the head - i.e. now a banned tackle, for which the precedent is probably a 3 or 4 game ban.

#9 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 575 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:52 PM

Must admit that my initial thoughts were that it looked like a dodgy use of the shoulder. Certainly stopped him in his tracks though!

#10 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:32 PM

It's a tough game....taking tackles like this out of it dilutes the product in my opinion.
Good hit and in fairness their bench didn't make a big fuss about it and the ref's involvement only happend when the touch judge reacted to the Keighley fans.

#11 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,918 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:40 PM

I've watched it a dozen times. Its certainly not a clear case of anything but in the interests of being controversial it definitely is.
I can't wait for the disciplinary committee to find him guilty and the resounding "I told you so."

#12 wberry2013

wberry2013
  • Coach
  • 108 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:42 PM

Not like you phil to look negative, it was a big hit that hurt the guy, doesnt always have to be a foul, plus we got the scrum for the knock on so the ref thought It was ok. Definitely not a shoulder charge as his arms are clearly in use.

Wayne

Edited by wberry2013, 15 July 2013 - 05:43 PM.

#13 wberry2013

wberry2013
  • Coach
  • 108 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:50 PM

Also the fact that none off the Keighley players go running in guns blazing speaks volumes.

Wayne

#14 wberry2013

wberry2013
  • Coach
  • 108 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

Message to the rfl...... please give him a not guilty and prove to the world that sometimes or even just once that philh is wrong lol

Wayne

#15 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 886 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:07 PM

A clear case of shoulder to the head - i.e. now a banned tackle, for which the precedent is probably a 3 or 4 game ban.

A clear case of, if he's ad/r player he must be guilty!

Its almost possible to set yourself to attack the head of an opponent when he's running at you, hard. 2 hard men colliding and one came off worse. That's it!

I know, 'cause I was there.......

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#16 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 575 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:19 PM

Must admit I've only seen it once. i.e. in the "live". I'm more worried about the missed tackles, of which there were plenty.

#17 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:59 AM

It's a tough game....taking tackles like this out of it dilutes the product in my opinion.
Good hit and in fairness their bench didn't make a big fuss about it and the ref's involvement only happend when the touch judge reacted to the Keighley fans.

A case of, "What the Australians do first the rest of the sport is bound to follow".  Undoubtedly many people are in argreement with you.  On this one I feel the Aussies have a point though, on grounds of player safety and avoidance of bad injuries to the head and neck. There is an inherent inconsistency when a stiff arm to the head gets a crowd on its feet baying for a red card, but contact with the shoulder to the head (which has just as much chance of doing serious damage) is often applauded. I guess the fact a stiff arm is far easier to see is a factor.  For me its not an objective of rugby league to knock out an opponent - the sport for that is boxing.

#18 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:11 AM

Message to the rfl...... please give him a not guilty and prove to the world that sometimes or even just once that philh is wrong lol

Wayne

I can see the headline now - "RL fans disagree on interpretation of rules - SHOCKER".  Must happen at least 200 times a match.  One of the reasons why officiating RL has to be one of the most difficult jobs in sport.

#19 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:14 AM

A clear case of, if he's ad/r player he must be guilty!

Not at all.  That late challenge by Samir Tahraoui was stupidity itself - fortunate to receive only a yellow card.

#20 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:25 AM

A case of, "What the Australians do first the rest of the sport is bound to follow". Undoubtedly many people are in argreement with you. On this one I feel the Aussies have a point though, on grounds of player safety and avoidance of bad injuries to the head and neck. There is an inherent inconsistency when a stiff arm to the head gets a crowd on its feet baying for a red card, but contact with the shoulder to the head (which has just as much chance of doing serious damage) is often applauded. I guess the fact a stiff arm is far easier to see is a factor. For me its not an objective of rugby league to knock out an opponent - the sport for that is boxing.

in the history of the sport I wonder how many serious head and neck injuries have occurred.
It is a physical contact sport and with it comes a danger. I don't see football rushing to ban tackling which in many instances have resulted in serious injury,where do you draw the line.
I firmly believe that no player goes out intentionally with a view to seriously injuring his opponent but if it was me I'd sooner be looking down on him than the other way around.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: swinton, lions, keighley, cougars, highlights, rugby, league, knockout, loss, victory

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users