swinton lions keighley cougars highlights rugby league knockout loss victory

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 946 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:43 PM

Either your blue tinted spectacles give you the power of lip reading, even of words spoken "off camera", or you had a direct link to a microphone on the referee, or you're just guessing.  How else can you know what the Keighley players may or may not have said in the middle?

After reviewing the video again I find that indeed 1 Keighley player approached the ref and complained that TM had 'stiff armed' Mr Shickell. Obviously not the case as he was many miles from play and you were about 3 yards from it. Oh, wait a minute, I'm Mr Topsy Turvey!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#42 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 946 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:46 PM

It was James Feather if I'm not mistaken.

#43 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:21 PM

Too far Bryce. He got 10 which may have been the reason, may not but if we adopt that attitude we'd have no team left!

Not really, only he did it. Everyone else, including the Keighley players, played with a good temperament and without serious foul play. However you see the McCarthy/Shickell incident, it was not punished and for me, was a standard big hit and from what went after that, there thankfully seemed to be no serious damage to Shickell. End of conversation, crack on with the game, happy days.

#44 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:58 PM

http://www.therfl.co...inary/item?4646

ABSOLUTELY UNREMARKABLE VINDICATION

#45 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:03 PM

Sounds like the exact description given by the majority of fans on here (who were actually at the game). Correct decision as far as i'm concerned.

#46 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 946 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:35 PM

Well phillip, thats as clear a case as your clear case!

#47 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

I didn't see anything wrong with it.

#48 parky

parky
  • Coach
  • 283 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:41 PM

I suppose the referee and linesman have no case to answer. This was at an important stage of the game.

#49 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:43 PM

A clear case of shoulder to the head - i.e. now a banned tackle, for which the precedent is probably a 3 or 4 game ban.

Are you prepared to man up now and offer an apology on your clear case wrong assumption.!

#50 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:54 PM

Must be in Dorset again.

#51 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:32 PM

Are you prepared to man up now and offer an apology on your clear case wrong assumption.!

Because of cause the disciplinary process could never have any shadow of doubt, when it finds a Wolf in Lions clothing innocent, could it?

But when Josh Barlow is found guilty there just has to be a question mark, to go with the bite marks.

I disagree with the verdict, so what? Not the first time and won't be the last.

Shickell recovered. Keighley won anyway. In the case of McCarthy he predictably didn't feature at Workington and will probably continue to be used at Warrington for the next few weeks. There's been no tangible impact.

At least this little nugget has apparently given you a feel good factor. So - now off to Specsavers....
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#52 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 946 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:45 PM

Must be in Dorset again.

Wish he was in Coventry!

#53 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 946 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:54 PM

quote name="PhillH" post="2752311" timestamp="1374607970"]

Because of cause the disciplinary process could never have any shadow of doubt, when it finds a Wolf in Lions clothing innocent, could it?

But when Josh Barlow is found guilty there just has to be a question mark, to go with the bite marks.

I disagree with the verdict, so what? Not the first time and won't be the last.

Shickell recovered. Keighley won anyway. In the case of McCarthy he predictably didn't feature at Workington and will probably continue to be used at Warrington for the next few weeks. There's been no tangible impact.

At least this little nugget has apparently given you a feel good factor. So - now off to Specsavers....[/quote]

I think what you are trying to secretly tell us is that you are sorry, your bias against the player in question blinkered your judgement. Also along with being happy with Mr Shickell's recovery (which we all are) you are sad that Swinton lost the game, you hope we do well for the rest of the season, good luck against Leigh and see you at the next game!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: swinton, lions, keighley, cougars, highlights, rugby, league, knockout, loss, victory

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users