Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

20/07/13 - Northern Rail Cup Final: Leigh Centurions v Sheffield Eagles KO 5pm (Premier Sports)

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Leigh Centurions by 13 points or more (1 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

2. Voted Leigh Centurions by 7-12 points (3 votes [23.08%])

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

3. Leigh Centurions by 1-6 points (1 votes [7.69%])

4. Sheffield Eagles by 1-6 points (1 votes [7.69%])

5. Sheffield Eagles by 7-12 points (5 votes [38.46%])

Percentage of vote: 38.46%

6. Sheffield Eagles by 13 points or more (2 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:52 AM

A really enjoyable game. a pity there weren't more people there.

There were plenty of Leythers in the pubs in Halifax before and after the game.....

#62 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,808 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:26 AM

IMO they need to take the NRC on the road outside the heartlands. I'm sure this game would have got just as many fans played at Oxford, MK etc. I think you might actually get MORE fans of heartland clubs going, treating it as a weekend out. Halifax (or anywhere else in the heartlands) doesnt cut the mustard. In fact you could repeat this argument for next weeks SF

#63 jpmc

jpmc
  • Coach
  • 517 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:50 AM

IMO they need to take the NRC on the road outside the heartlands. I'm sure this game would have got just as many fans played at Oxford, MK etc. I think you might actually get MORE fans of heartland clubs going, treating it as a weekend out. Halifax (or anywhere else in the heartlands) doesnt cut the mustard. In fact you could repeat this argument for next weeks SF

I think these are good ideas as long as the dates,kickoff times and stadiums are organised 6 months in advance.
Maybe all champ clubs should be asked to try and sell 100 tickets each plus the rfl/clubs could put subsidised coach travel on for those that buy tickets from the club

#64 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,432 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:28 PM

Did you go to the finals?

#65 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,205 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:22 AM

Looks like eagles have done our trick. Too consistent for their own good and burn out come the business end of the season.

You have to wonder how much the Challenge Cup has taken out of them.  Fev weren't the same team last season after playing Wigan.  I must admit I was shocked by the result, I thought Eagles were unstoppable.

"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#66 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 672 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:02 PM

You're consistent.
We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................