Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

The fightback starts this week... Knights v Whitehaven

21/7 3pm

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:43 AM

Posted Image

#22 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:46 AM

That's just what I said to my commanding officer this morning. I spoke to Peter at Dewsbury last Sunday and he said he had only come back off holiday to cover that match. I told him he has more holiday than me and I'm retired! So that's nothing in the Press during the week last week and the same this week. Mind you, they had no trouble filling the space as our other professional team is back in action with their friendlies.

How about Gav. arranging to submit a few lines when P. M.'s not around? Over to you Gav.

I didn't realise Pete was on holiday until this morning or I would have offered!

Match preview has just gone online anywho.

I've got an interview with Jack Pickles to go on LoveRugbyLeague.com at some point this afternoon too.

Posted Image

#23 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,800 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:11 AM

Any news on todays squad, which players are we getting from Hull if any?.

#24 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:43 PM

good luck tomorrow to whatever team plays, despite frustrations I do wish I could be there however still on hols. Haven will be a well organised big side who IMO will try and take us on up the middle of the park on our narrow pitch, no browny to turn em round so someone surely ahs to step up and take on kicking duties after last weeks poor showing, thought Tom Carr took most of the stick in the after  match on Radio York when Elvis was the main culprit (2 silly tackles and that awful mis-guided trap of their kick-off), that said tom's kicking open play is way short of the quality he showed in the first few games he played for us, as is the ability to beat the first tackler when he runs the ball back in.

Good Luck lads and give us a performance to be proud of.

Andy

Posted Image

#25 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,078 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:08 AM

I'm not in favour of the Dual-Reg system,but have got to look at taking what is offered this week from Hull,because this a game we can not afford to lose.

Nowt..

#26 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,078 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:17 AM

thought Tom Carr took most of the stick in the after  match on Radio York when Elvis was the main culprit (2 silly tackles and that awful mis-guided trap of their kick-off)

Andy

Unfortunately for TC, Andy, the pivotal kick at the end of the game down to James Craven was not good enough ( thought GT was far tougher on him than I was and Tom was probably even tougher on himself ! ) but others allowed Craven too much space to came back upfield and others were guilty of allowing Pryce and Scott the opportunity to win the game.

And, yes, I agree with your other point.

Overall Tom Carr has been excellent this season when covering his own duties ( full back ).

When he gets played out of position through necessity, he struggles at times but it's to Tom's credit that he puts his hand up for it. Knowing Tom, if he was asked to play at prop, he'd give it his best shot !!

#27 barlby knight

barlby knight
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:00 PM

Think we need to stop bagging Tom , the kid would as Andy says play prop if asked , he has an enthusiasm for the sport that is 2 nd to none , we could do with a few more like him ! I work with a bloke who knows Tom very well having coached him at Chequerfield & he says he's equally talented at football & cricket & just wants to be on the pitch , hates being on the sidelines so sometimes is his own worst enemy by playing with injuries as he did at Leigh .
LOVE THE KNIGHTS , LIVE THE KNIGHTS

#28 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:48 PM

Dat fightback. Speechless.

It's time to park the camels.

#29 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:03 PM

Obviously I was not at the game but not even a BP !'OMG we are in trouble looking at other scores. If they scored on 77mins that's another game we have let points go in.
Hope it wasnt too painful for you all but suspect it was ?
Posted Image

#30 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:06 PM

Read you all defending Carr, but my god, does he want to run when he gets the ball instead of standing still!?

It's time to park the camels.

#31 Peter G.

Peter G.
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:29 PM

Was at the game today as per usual _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ING KRAP!!!!!

#32 vodka queen

vodka queen
  • Coach
  • 508 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:40 PM

Probably the worst game of rugby I've witnessed in a long time...

#33 badger24

badger24
  • Coach
  • 371 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:52 PM

Think it's time we got some decent forwards in to the club . Can anyone tell me the last time a forward broke the line ? Apart from Matty Nicholson .

#34 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 605 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:37 PM

Was poor 2nd half. Was below average in first half tbh. Haven weren't all that at all, if we had our 1st team out and on form...
Shoulda woulda coulda.

#35 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:53 PM

Posted Image

#36 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

worst game i've seen for a long time. totaly inept and clueless. no urgency from either team, and what was that kick all about from tom after the missed drop goal. i fear we are in a downward spiral on and off the field

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

#37 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:03 PM

Games are there to be won and if we play like that can't see us winning again this season no leader today missing big players in important positions brown Nicholson golden Brisco ford think today we could have done with some DR in

#38 SuperYork

SuperYork
  • Coach
  • 166 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:44 PM

worst game i've seen for a long time. totaly inept and clueless. no urgency from either team, and what was that kick all about from tom after the missed drop goal. i fear we are in a downward spiral on and off the field

Im sure you have to drop kick from your 20 meters if the other team miss a drop goal but I could be wrong.  

#39 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:46 PM

Im sure you have to drop kick from your 20 meters if the other team miss a drop goal but I could be wrong.  

Nah thats wrong. It was a tap 20. If you kick a tap 20 out (not on the full) you get head and feed at the scrum.

Good idea, poorly executed.

Posted Image

#40 DEANO

DEANO
  • Coach
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:54 PM

good idea if you can win ,not if your trying to protect a bonus point

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users