Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Whitebank road capacity

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#1 roytonyed

roytonyed
  • Players
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:56 PM

If I remember correctly, I think it was initially assesed at 1500 when the "Stadium" had three and three quarters of it's sides available to view from. Now it's down to two and a quarter sides.

There used to be two exits but now the second one is no longer an exit yet still indicated as exit two.

Our next home game against NWC's is likely to attract more visitors than usual and hopefully a few extra Oldham stay away supporters.

Hopefully it will be a good day and  but only if the club realises making the effort to cater for the amemity of it's supporters and visitors will it attract them back again.

#2 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 612 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:26 PM

Crusaders away support is usually around 150.  I would predict nearer 200 for the Oldham game.

#3 OutsiderLookingIn

OutsiderLookingIn
  • Players
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:06 PM

If I remember correctly, I think it was initially assesed at 1500 when the "Stadium" had three and three quarters of it's sides available to view from. Now it's down to two and a quarter sides.

There used to be two exits but now the second one is no longer an exit yet still indicated as exit two.

Our next home game against NWC's is likely to attract more visitors than usual and hopefully a few extra Oldham stay away supporters.

Hopefully it will be a good day and  but only if the club realises making the effort to cater for the amemity of it's supporters and visitors will it attract them back again.

Its still an exit! Its just the South stand that's closed, but the exit gate is still just that, and as such is always unlocked and always manned by a steward :)

Edited by OutsiderLookingIn, 19 July 2013 - 11:07 PM.

#4 D1029

D1029
  • Coach
  • 171 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:18 AM

Its still an exit! Its just the South stand that's closed, but the exit gate is still just that, and as such is always unlocked and always manned by a steward :)

This gate is still on the Ground Maintenance Programme and it allowed a squirt of 3 in One Oil every six months

#5 OutsiderLookingIn

OutsiderLookingIn
  • Players
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:32 AM

This gate is still on the Ground Maintenance Programme and it allowed a squirt of 3 in One Oil every six months

as is the steward!! :tongue:

#6 roytonyed

roytonyed
  • Players
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:29 PM

The steward, confronted by a small group of indignant senior types (like me, the average supporter) at the end of the SW game, denied us exit and suggested we all traipse up to exit No1 and traipse all the way back again down WB Road.

Politely, someone asked why we could not use the exit so the steward reached for his radio for guidance from a higher place.

His advice from the higher person was that exit No2 was not an exit but an emergency exit .

The steward perceived the emergency and let us out. What would we do without stewards?

I hear the Mickey Mouse clubs in our division get by not having any at all.

Edited by roytonyed, 22 July 2013 - 12:30 PM.

#7 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:35 PM

Does anyone know the current capacity? I'm hoping we get a huge crowd shouting the Yeds on to victory this Sunday. Come on you Yeds!!!!!

#8 OutsiderLookingIn

OutsiderLookingIn
  • Players
  • 68 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:36 PM

the current capacity for the stadium fully open is 1502, as it stands with south side closed at present, its 1068

Edited by OutsiderLookingIn, 24 July 2013 - 10:37 PM.

#9 oldhead

oldhead
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:36 AM

the current capacity for the stadium fully open is 1502, as it stands with south side closed at present, its 1068

that seems a bit low, if we have 300 seats that means only 700 and odd on the whitebank road side and behind the goal yet the bottom end holds nearly 500 ???

#10 old bird

old bird
  • Players
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:31 PM

OMG oldham professional rugby league club want locals kids to look up to and aspire to play for a club that can only play in front of 1,500 people max

Saddleworth & St Anne's can pull more than that on a Saturday afternoon

#11 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 316 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:24 AM

We can build another old Trafford if u want doesn't mean we will fill it. When do saddleworth get that or st annes 4 that matter?

#12 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:47 PM

Will the club be promoted with the ground in it's current state ?

Posted Image

#13 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 559 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:02 PM

WE'LL FIND OUT WHEN WE GET PROMOTED!

#14 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,528 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:32 PM

simple answer is no.....the long answer is....ask chris hamilton....lol

in all seriousness if we can magic out of thin air a main stand down a touchline & a terrace behind a goal,level the pitch & sort out the floodlights we'll be fine...

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#15 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 316 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:26 PM

I firmly believe that things are in place as and when we are promoted improvements will be made, why spend the money when we get 600 at home and it gives the others on here that dont bother turning up a reason to be negative and criticise everything!! Watch the stayaways return for the big games such as Rochdale away or the playoff final if we end up there, get behind us wk in wk out we need all our fans behind us

Edited by OutOfTownRoughyed, 06 August 2013 - 03:51 PM.

#16 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 684 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:38 PM

I understand CH and ORLFC have several plans in place, as per CH's BBC Radio Manchester Interview, he stated we have a "plan A, B, C and D in place and the club are having meetings about next season.

The future is bright, the future is Oldham red and white.

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#17 roughyed34

roughyed34
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:02 PM

Jeez, Spud being positive for a change!! Oh no sorry i misread it. Please change the record, even my glass eye is falling asleep reading the constant tripe you post. As said on another thread, the ground will be sorted, wait and see (repeat this ad infinitum), lets worry about promotion first, thats the priority at the moment, everything else will be sorted, fyi there is a stand, just that the planning needs sorting for it. Go to the ORSA meeting and ask there if it worries you so much. Get behind the boys for the next 2 games, and potentially the playoffs, i dont give a flying chuff about the ground at the moment (although i do concede it needs improvement) if we go up. UP THE YEDS!! OTID

#18 SINGE

SINGE
  • Coach
  • 688 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:22 PM

No

but work will be carried out to remedy, I am sure.

According to some reports, capacity needs to be 3,000 to get in the Chapmionship, but we may be given an extension in the first year (not expecting that though)

These can be hired, seating 150 per set Pretty sure we would not need 3,000 seats.

STAND1X.jpg

We could rent Boundary PArk

Or move to another ground for a season.

Gillingham FC have had a temp stand for years now.

Holds 3,400.

The+Brian+Moore+Stand,+Gillingham+Away+E

gills30.jpg

Plenty of options.

Edited by SINGE, 07 August 2013 - 03:27 PM.

#19 higgy

higgy
  • 335 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:11 PM

I firmly believe that things are in place as and when we are promoted improvements will be made, why spend the money when we get 600 at home and it gives the others on here that dont bother turning up a reason to be negative and criticise everything!! Watch the stayaways return for the big games such as Rochdale away or the playoff final if we end up there, get behind us wk in wk out we need all our fans behind us

Well said, some of the stayaways have already started to return has the Crusaders game proved, but the club needs them, so lets welcome them back and I hope they appreciate what they have been missing and support the lads

#20 thecrab

thecrab
  • Coach
  • 699 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:22 PM

I'm not as optimistic as 34 and OOTR because I just don't believe CH has the dosh to get the stand built. Time will tell of course.

I also dont think CH will waste any dosh renting seating. I think the more realistic option is we may ground share until Whitebank is upgraded and meets the required standards.

The obvious contenders here are BP and Spottyland but has anyone considered that we may end up playing at Salfords ground for a reduced rent as part of our alliance with them?

Makes sense to CH as we get reduced rates and playing at a decent stadium with decent facilities. Also makes sense for Salford to have its A team playing closer to home. Any thoughts?

Edited by thecrab, 07 August 2013 - 05:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users