108 replies to this topic

#81 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,599 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:29 PM

get my facts right????

trust....associations....i mis-wrote.....get over yourself

as for joining ORSA....or rugby oldham for that matter......while i applaud their efforts and their aims are truly  admirable......neither have achieved much....

i could probably start a "trust" win the aim of being a 49% stakeholder in the club to help chris...but all id be doing is setting up another branch of fans with another different aim to the other 2 groups....no doubt i could even talk to the 2 groups like you said...but id be laughed out the room for thinking too big because everyone seems to be happy doing little things that gets us knowhere instead of doing big things to kick us out the gutter we've been in for the last 10 years!!

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#82 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,599 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:41 PM

sorry....im just ###### off with the whole lack of progress...

OLDHAM RLFC

#83 herbie

herbie
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:14 PM

Well said Spud .

#84 roughyed34

roughyed34
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:49 AM

Well Orsa have squadbuilder which has paid wages for players we may not have been able to afford, ie. Adam Files amongst others. Also Orsa contribute to players food after matches. Better than nothing in my opinion and a good help to the club. Certainly better than people not paying in to watch a great side, sod the facilities the product on the pitch which is what actually matters is fantastic. Its frustrating no progress is made on the ground etc of course but the team deserve the support of fans for the effort they put in week in week out, wether or not you like the way the club is run or not is immaterial, its not going to change anytime soon. Get behind the lads this season, then maybe with the increase in revenue if we get promoted the club can start to improve its lot.

#85 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,599 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:38 AM

i didn't mean to belittle anything ORSA have done,same goes for rugby oldham...

i just think if they joined forces it could serve a greater purpose and kickstart ORLFC..

OLDHAM RLFC

#86 Logic

Logic
  • Coach
  • 330 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:40 AM

Well said 'roughyed34', the product on the pitch is fantastic, the best for years, and is worthy of good support. 

Of course we are all keen to see an improvement in the facilities but the club and any fund-raising activity can only spend what money is generated. Apart from sponsorship, that is determined to a large extent by what the fans put in and that in no way is helped by those who do not regularly attend home games and support other initiatives. 

Just to avoid any confusion by the way - ORSA has helped to fund post-training nutrition for the players, something that the club does not provide. The club itself is responsible for providing the post-match food.    

#87 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,599 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:24 AM

famously the club can't even provide hot showers...

and not every fan can get to whitebank,like me who works on sundays...i attend games when i can not as often as id like but theres nothing i can do at the min, or fans who just flat out refuse to go to whitebank cos of the state of it...

i've thought long and hard about just buying a season ticket even though i can only get to maybe 3 or 4 home games a season....but because ive not seen any developement ive seen it as it'll be wasted money..

but id gladly pay £20 a month to be a member of a trust and that trust owned part of the club and was able to move the club forward...

tell me logic...would you be a £20 a month member*? and tell me theres not 200 (to start with) like minded souls...200 members would put £48,000 a year into the club...

* £20 a month gets you a season ticket and a voice on the board ( as well as monthly general meeting,social events,entry in a lottery,supporters polo shirt etc...

Edited by roughyedspud, 17 February 2014 - 03:08 PM.

OLDHAM RLFC

#88 roughyed34

roughyed34
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:46 PM

Sorry Logic! Thanks for that i didnt know the difference lol. :)

The idea of a supporters trust to help the club like Spud suggests is a good one, i would pay into it for sure as long as it was run correctly and transparantly. Is it  possible to do this with say a supporters trust having for sake of argument 30% of shares with CH or other chairman having the rest,or does it need to be a complete "takeover" as such? If it needs to be a takeover the only problem i see is that you would need a working capital for at least one year before the 48,000 pound was in the club (or any income) would anyone invest the money to keep the club in the interim? It would be worth investigating if a fans co-op could be opted onto the board, would CH allow it? Many questions but i like the idea. The clubhouse could be run by the "trust" too, maybe for functions, social teams, a pub for the area seeing as a lot of community projects are going on down in Limeside.

#89 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,599 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:27 PM

no it does'nt need to be a full takeover...

the key is getting CH to sign over 25-49% of the club in return for our investment

OLDHAM RLFC

#90 roughyed34

roughyed34
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:55 PM

Ok so it would still be a 2-3 year process then to have the funds in place to invest in the club.The set up of such a scheme would take a year, there obviously wouldnt be investment in the second year, due to collecting the money to invest in the first place. Plus then if you went off 200 people, 48,000 pounds in the first year, what happens if people drop out, dont pay direct debit etc, there would need to be 200 definate payers month in month out, year after year to maintain the level of shares in the club. I dont understand the whole ins and outs of finance but people may think that at any given time the club could go bust as per the ill fated shares scheme years ago if its a 70/30 split for instance. Im not trying to play devils advocate because i do think there are legs in a supporters trust, Getting people to commit consistently may be the problem. Its long term thing for sure, deffo not a quick fix, which means for 2 years minimum we would be in the same place we are now, no money and no improvements. Short term the only way to generate income is by increasing crowds and marketing,sponsorship, making merchandise available and utilising the social club. Updating the website would help too, i see names on there that have not been at the club for a few years! Enthusiasm and drive get results in this world but unfortunately from the actual club point of view (not the playing side) it seems like that is sadly lacking. Its heartbreaking the lack of events at the club, no player presentation night as there was last season, after matches in the clubhouse its poor with no chairman/coaches/players speeches or anything to keep peoples interest. Its a sorry state of affairs.

Edited by roughyed34, 17 February 2014 - 03:55 PM.

#91 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,599 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:04 AM

the key to stopping members dropping out,and indeed getting new member is to show our investment is making a difference...

and i don't think its a 2-3 year process....i think as long as the trust is formed and a percentage of the club is agreed to be signed over,and a series of month,fortnightly meetings/event this season to build support and member base.....then i believe the trust could be in position for the start of next season...

OLDHAM RLFC

#92 roughyed34

roughyed34
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:18 AM

To be honest there is not a dogs chance it could be done in less than 12 mnths, the money required would not be in place for investment. Think thats incredibly optimistic considering you would need meetings, signing people up, dates for direct debits. The seeds could be sown over the year by as you say meetings etc to gauge the interest level and plans for the trust, its a bigger job than you realise i fear.

#93 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,599 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:03 AM

thats why i want the help of rugby oldham

OLDHAM RLFC

#94 roughyed34

roughyed34
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:07 PM

Fair enough. Everyone who has an interest in ORLFC should be interested in the idea, binding the feuding factions of support may be another issue but i do like the idea of a Supporters Trust/Association. Wether or not there would be the level of interest to start/sustain this i dont know, but it seems like a progressive way forward, involving fans which is a great thing.

#95 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,599 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:17 PM

considering theres been 27 views on the "roughyeds fans trust" thread and no one other than me has voted...its not looking good lol

OLDHAM RLFC

#96 herbie

herbie
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:51 PM

The big problem for me pledging any money on a monthly basis would be the knowledge that it would still be helping to pay the wages of the most inept Chief Executive in the history of Rugby League.

#97 roughyed34

roughyed34
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:30 PM

herbie, thats what i was alluding too in the last post i made. In fairness to the idea though there is no chance enough would be raised to "oust" the chairman/CEO at first but it would be a start to get fans "on the board". Im not pro/against CH but, something needs doing to get investment into the club and progress it. Its a start if something like this came off and maybe given time it would progress to give the trust 100% of ORLFC. Its for the good of the club not one man. I can see many people feeling the same way, but what would people do if we lost the club again? Would it ever be resurrected? Who knows? The money i assume wouldnt go to pay wages for Chairman etc and would be used for the ground improvements/player wages/general costs of running a club. I may be very wrong of course but i think some sort of meeting would be interesting to discuss/argue the benefits/negatives of such a scheme and gauge interest.

#98 herbie

herbie
  • Coach
  • 243 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:40 PM

I would definitely be interested if the aim was to get rid of the present management. Definitely wouldn't if he had any kind of paid role at the club.

#99 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,599 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:03 AM

trust money would defo be ring fenced and wouldn't be spent on executives wages

OLDHAM RLFC

#100 lalar

lalar
  • Players
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:13 AM

I would definitely be interested if the aim was to get rid of the present management. Definitely wouldn't if he had any kind of paid role at the club.

+1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users