Jump to content


Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE


League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Whitebank road capacity


  • Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#101 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,528 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:22 AM

I would definitely be interested if the aim was to get rid of the present management. Definitely wouldn't if he had any kind of paid role at the club.

 

what if the deal was we get 25% for free but agree to buy his remaining 75% over time?


OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL


#102 SINGE

SINGE
  • Coach
  • 688 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:01 PM

what if the deal was we get 25% for free but agree to buy his remaining 75% over time?

Absolutely no chance whatsoever. The membership will dwindle. There is no indication that substantial numbers will join. Yet.



#103 ultimate roughyed

ultimate roughyed
  • Coach
  • 186 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:15 PM

CH won't give away 25% of his business for nothing I'm afraid. Why would he?

#104 SINGE

SINGE
  • Coach
  • 688 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:21 PM

I think that it is wise to be cautious.

As further research, I thought I'd take a look at MyFootball clubs membership again. It is not too far away from me, so I have taken an interest.

Intitally MFC targeted 50,000 members, from a Worldwide audience.

They reached this and started taking money in Nov 2007.

The USP was they would be able to vote on decisions affecting the club, including approving a transfer. Not something avaible under the proposals.

Nov 2007 53,000 members.

Jan 2008 announced purchase of Ebbsfleet for £635,000.

By 14 May 2008, paid-up membership in MyFC reached 30,000 people. The 31,000th paid-up member joined on 11 September 2008.

The first renewal date for most members was 19 February 2009. By 23 February total membership stood at slightly less than 9,500.

As of March 2010, the membership total stands at around 4,000, with just 800 renewing of the remainder of the existing 9,500 up for renewal in February 2010.

As of March 2013, the membership has dropped to below 1000 members[27]

As at October 2013 the membership has dropped to just below 900 members.



#105 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,528 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:51 AM

compare it to NRL membership rather than the MFC experiment...

my idea is just a evolution of the NRL model

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL


#106 Superdude

Superdude
  • Players
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 10:01 PM

Any money raised through a trust or scheme or members group would be at the disposal of the fat, grubby little man. This fact alone will prevent people joining or contributing. Without replacing this oick we will neither progress or regain support.

#107 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,528 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:20 AM

have you read the proposed breakdown of how the membership money will be spent??

guess not

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL


#108 Superdude

Superdude
  • Players
  • 97 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:39 PM

Spud, the breakdown of how any money will be spent is irrelevant. You will just be supporting ch' s business and keeping him in bad haircuts and cheap suits.

#109 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,528 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:42 PM

the RFL money already does that...


OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users