- - - - -

sunday coach trip to barrow

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,452 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:07 AM

Couldnt make yesterday who played well how did Normington go at centre?
Posted Image

#22 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:34 AM

What a day eh. Mossop caused us problems while he was on the pitch, but apart from that Barrow were not very good at all.
I am a big fan of Jake Normington and he had an ok game. He looked a bit sluggish and unfit so needs to work on that. Because he was slow at marker we got caught out a few times on that wing. When he gets his fitness I will expect he could be good for us.
Im sorry to say Clough is not up to the mark for us and showed. He has come from Champ 1 and was below par.
Conversely Tebb looked promising and put a shift in. He reminded me of a young Rob Burrow and caused chaos in the middle. I would like to see him playing at 7 , Hood at 9 and a Coyle at 6 with another Hooker on bench. Watch this space it might happen.
Watson saved 3 or 4 definite try's but he has to tidy up those silly knock ons. Was in contention for our MOTM IMO at first but that let him down.
Oakes was strong all day and worked hard.
I think Maples and Kain should be the regular wingers from now, they really do look dangerous when they have the ball.

#23 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:40 AM

Oh and hats off to March. I think he has got better in the second half of the season. I thought we missed him when he went off injured.
I would love to see Yates and Dickie Davies playing together too.
Whellam had a bit of a mare tbh. Tried too many fancy things that didn't come off and put us under pressure.

#24 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,452 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:18 AM

thanks gaz, fair comments

Posted Image

#25 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:34 AM

Had a great day out yesterday , other than the result , plenty of food and drink on offer , don't think that landlady was happy with Guinness in Settle :alcoholic: , and hope Selby (mick) did'nt end up in Newcastle...............Very good day out...........

Edited by Blackbeard, 22 July 2013 - 11:47 AM.

#26 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:34 PM

Sounds like you all had a good day out. Did you get plenty of the free shepards pie down your neck in ulverston??
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#27 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:02 PM

Sounds like you all had a good day out. Did you get plenty of the free shepards pie down your neck in ulverston??

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ...........You must be joking Macca , we were told that a spread was being put on at the pub by our leader and when we got in it was'nt , just a ploy to get more people on the bus me thinks..........

#28 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:05 PM

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ...........You must be joking Macca , we were told that a spread was being put on at the pub by our leader and when we got in it was'nt , just a ploy to get more people on the bus me thinks..........

you always get a good feed in there rik for free. What happened?

#29 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:12 PM

you always get a good feed in there rik for free. What happened?

I don't know mate , but the Landlord brought us a meal that ad been over ordered and gave us it , big plate of chips , a cheese burger , salad with tomatoes cut into diamond shapes , well with 5 cake eaters , that did'nt last long , i was still saying " for what we are about to recieve " looked up and it was gone.........

#30 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:19 PM

I don't know mate , but the Landlord brought us a meal that ad been over ordered and gave us it , big plate of chips , a cheese burger , salad with tomatoes cut into diamond shapes , well with 5 cake eaters , that did'nt last long , i was still saying " for what we are about to recieve " looked up and it was gone.........

hahaha that's class mate. Why didnt you go to the pub where was offering you grub on here last week

#31 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:33 PM

hahaha that's class mate. Why didnt you go to the pub where was offering you grub on here last week

It was mentioned , but fell on deaf ears mate , between me and you , i think he got a free meal out of it tho for taken the coach there , and i bet you can't guess who was first to the chippy in Settle , smashed his all time record , the pelican crossing was on green..............

Edited by Blackbeard, 22 July 2013 - 02:36 PM.

#32 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:39 PM

I went into the Furness Railway (Wetherspoons).
They had a special on Curry and chips for £1.99.
The manager came round and gave us all a flyer with all the different curries in the offer.
Someone went to order one only to be told that the offer was off because the till could not be programmed to take £1.99!
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#33 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:40 PM

It was mentioned , but fell on deaf ears mate , between me and you , i think he got a free meal out of it tho for taken the coach there , and i bet you can't guess who was first to the chippy in Settle , smashed his all time record , the pelican crossing was on green..............

he must av been going at some pace mate. Last time I went he'd av beat usain bolt over that carpark

#34 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:46 PM

I went into the Furness Railway (Wetherspoons).
They had a special on Curry and chips for £1.99.
The manager came round and gave us all a flyer with all the different curries in the offer.
Someone went to order one only to be told that the offer was off because the till could not be programmed to take £1.99!

Our leader would av gone there if he knew there was a W,spoons

#35 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,471 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:28 PM

Our leader would av gone there if he knew there was a W,spoons

Did our leader get sick on his winkle pickers when Guinness barfed up in the pub?  :crazy:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#36 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,472 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:49 PM

W'Spoons is in Barrow on Abbey Rd, tis only a 5 min amble to the ground from there. 

#37 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:04 PM

Did our leader get sick on his winkle pickers when Guinness barfed up in the pub?  :crazy:

He only needs to p155 himself now to get a full house , he's done every other hole

#38 LENIN

LENIN
  • Coach
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:31 PM

i only jogged across the carpark. cant run me knee #### couple years ago when i had to leg it from conny club around christmas time

tripped on one of my shoes or summat like that

fish n chips were nice in settle a grand day out me thinks grommit :P

hunslet till i die

we will never go to watch the #### over the river ever

#39 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:37 PM

i only jogged across the carpark. cant run me knee #### couple years ago when i had to leg it from conny club around christmas time

tripped on one of my shoes or summat like that

fish n chips were nice in settle a grand day out me thinks grommit :P

Is that when the toliet door got knocked of its hinges............Comrade

#40 LENIN

LENIN
  • Coach
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:57 PM

cant say i know owt about bog doors broken

wasnt me . or summat like that song by shaggy

im inocent til proved otherwise

hunslet till i die