Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Problem solved for a social worker

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 948 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:50 PM

Little lad in care is asked by his social worker does he want to go and live with his dad, he says no because he beats me. What about your mum , no he says, she beats me . What about your uncle , no he says he beats me. So says the social worker, who do you want to live with. He says Ian Talbot. Why do want to you want to live with him. Well says the little lad, he's the Hornets coach and he never beats anyone

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 DaveButt

DaveButt
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:12 PM

Roughy lad, I posted the same topic but about staying at Howdumb some six months ago, then again it takes that long to sink in with you and for you to understand.
I will say it now so that you will be able to understand in time;
MERRY CHRISTMAS lad.

#3 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 948 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:38 PM

Who's top of the table Dave ?

#4 eclecticsheep

eclecticsheep
  • Coach
  • 754 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:20 AM

Shall you tell him Dave or shall I......

Whitebank Stadium....Minimum standards :(

#5 DaveButt

DaveButt
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:54 AM

No point, by the time he gets to  understand it they won't be.

#6 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 591 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:49 AM

Whitebank Stadium....Minimum standards :(

Irrelevant!

We will be promoted.

It seems the assumption is that the rfl will knock back Oldham when we win promotion and that if they do Oldham will say "oh ok" and not do anything about it. We could play temporarly at a number of venues including Spotland. :D

Edited by The Art of Hand and Foot, 17 July 2013 - 11:04 AM.

#7 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 948 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:19 PM

I'm looking forward to Xmas Dave. It's that time of the year when you're waiting for the fixtures to come out and wondering when and where you'll be playing. For you it's London, south Wales and Oxford . For us it's Halifax Sheffield and Featherstone

#8 DaveButt

DaveButt
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:56 PM

Maybe we will still be playing at those venues, along with Spotland, but where will you be playing your home games Roughy pal.

Good luck to you for the rest of the season but can't see you finishing top.

Edited by DaveButt, 17 July 2013 - 02:56 PM.

#9 eclecticsheep

eclecticsheep
  • Coach
  • 754 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:19 PM

Irrelevant!

We will be promoted.

It seems the assumption is that the rfl will knock back Oldham when we win promotion and that if they do Oldham will say "oh ok" and not do anything about it. We could play temporarly at a number of venues including Spotland. :D

Nice to hear you think we can afford to, and conveniently explains why so little work done at w/bank!
IT`s all part of a MASTER PLAN!

Yeh .....Right!

#10 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 591 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:50 AM

Nice to hear you think we can afford to, and conveniently explains why so little work done at w/bank!
IT`s all part of a MASTER PLAN!

Yeh .....Right!

Swinton can afford it and they're in a worse situation, ground wise, than us. They have to use LSV.

Of course it's alright having the facilities, you've got to have the back-up, and more important the potential. Rochdale are the number one example of that.

#11 john in oz

john in oz
  • Players
  • 91 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:45 AM

Can we all settle down a bit chaps.
Pride comes before a fall and even in better times for ORLFC, when important games came around, it all went belly up.
This isn't being unduly pessimistic......just don't want to tempt providence !

#12 thecrab

thecrab
  • Coach
  • 705 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:23 PM

Exactly John
We've been the bridesmaid 4 times and it could easily happen again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users