Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

The social worker, case closed

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 943 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:51 PM

Little lad in care is asked by his social worker does he want to go and live with his dad, he says no because he beats me. What about your mum , no he says, she beats me . What about your uncle , no he says he beats me. So says the social worker, who do you want to live with. He says Ian Talbot. Why do want to you want to live with him. Well says the little lad, he's the Hornets coach and he never beats anyone

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 ArthurDaley

ArthurDaley
  • Coach
  • 492 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:53 PM

allroughyed, has an appointment at Oldham hospital, being a bit hard of hearing he takes Mrs allroughyed with him. After waiting a couple of hours an nurse says to him , I need a stool sample, a urine sample, and a sperm sample. What did she say asked allroughyed. She said she wants your underpants replied Mrs allroughyed.

A large VAT Dave please.

Allso known as Teodozjusz Matuschanskavasky

#3 DaveButt

DaveButt
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:14 PM

Roughy lad, I posted the same topic but about staying at Howdumb some six months ago, then again it takes that long to sink in with you and for you to understand.
I will say it now so that you will be able to understand in time;
MERRY CHRISTMAS lad.

#4 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 976 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:19 PM

.....and a happy new year mate.
Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

#5 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:05 PM

Well, as long as Allroughyed didn't wet his Huggies Pull-Ups last night resulting in having his internet taken away as punishment he might like to entertain us with another 'Old' favourite!

You know the one AR, where the Roughyeds have not only one but TWO millionaires try to get involved with the club but for some reason still seem to be in our division. Why is it that one millionaire 'did one' without getting involved at all despite saying on TV that he would be putting money into the club. They then get a local building contractor with far too much money swilling around in his bank account, joined, put in a shed load of dosh, then left and you're playing on a s**t tip.

I suppose it just goes to prove the old proverb about casting pearls before swine eh?

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#6 Lakeside

Lakeside
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:29 AM

Well, as long as Allroughyed didn't wet his Huggies Pull-Ups last night resulting in having his internet taken away as punishment he might like to entertain us with another 'Old' favourite!

You know the one AR, where the Roughyeds have not only one but TWO millionaires try to get involved with the club but for some reason still seem to be in our division. Why is it that one millionaire 'did one' without getting involved at all despite saying on TV that he would be putting money into the club. They then get a local building contractor with far too much money swilling around in his bank account, joined, put in a shed load of dosh, then left and you're playing on a s**t tip.

I suppose it just goes to prove the old proverb about casting pearls before swine eh?

Pugwash.

Good God glass houses. Have you heard the one about the club run by the butcher, baker, candlestick maker, that now only have the might Gateshead, Gloucester and South Wales below them in the RL stucture.

#7 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:14 AM

Good God glass houses. Have you heard the one about the club run by the butcher, baker, candlestick maker, that now only have the might Gateshead, Gloucester and South Wales below them in the RL stucture.

Would that be the same one that's making a profit and paying all it's bills into the bargain? The league position will probably change somewhat over the next few weeks as well but I doubt we'll see you offering any congratulations though!

COME ON HORNETS!!!

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#8 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:43 PM

Good God glass houses.

Your mention of glass houses made me look back a few seasons, maybe you'd like to talk your way out of this one buddy!

Talk of supposed inept coaches took me back to the not-so-old days of Darren Abram. Now if you want to talk turkeys he's the daddy of them all.

Hornets were in the middle division and the creep towards the relegation places was picking up speed but Abram seemed unmoved. He would lean back on the perimeter fence with his clip-board and look completely divorced from the proceedings until he'd grab a players and seem to talk to him for ages and nothing changed.

Then Hornets went to play Sheffield at the Don Valley stadium in a night televised game. We all trooped down with high hopes as the Eagles were being ritually hammered by everybody, home and away. Our trip proved fruitless however as Sheffield gave us the mother an father of all beatings ad frankly made us look really bad on our fist televised game for many a year.

On our long and very weary return we all said he (Abram) had to go and surely the board would sack him and give the new guy a chance to revive the season. Not a bit of it, they even refused his resignation in favour of sacking him about 5 week later after we had our bacsides kicked at Halifax and
when any question of relegation had been answered in the affirmative!!!

So what does that say for the board at the time eh? Your call Lakeside or Lakeylad or any of the other people ganging up on Ian Talbot.

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#9 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 976 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:33 PM

As opposed to the club run into the ground by the incompetent.

Judge Talbot at the end of the season, we've got five home games in a run before then. Given the budgets and injuries he's had to deal with he's not just done the best he could, but probably the best that could be done.
Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

#10 Anita Bath

Anita Bath
  • Coach
  • 497 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:42 PM

Good grief - an Oldham fan pokes a little good hearted fun (using a very old joke) based on recent results and respective league positions and all hell breaks loose!

Chill out boys and girls - sit back have a giggle and follow AD with corresponding humour in the opposite direction.

If the preformance of the club is to be continually based on arguments that it was worse under some previous coach/regieme/ownership/club then I am not sure what the future holds.

Recent results have not been great, yes there are a string of home games to come and if promotion is achieved then all credit to those in charge (coach, board etc).

If not are we going to use excuses of injuries, negative posts on web sites etc?

I think most people agreed at the start of the season that not getting promotion from this deadleg division would be a disaster for the club. I still believe that - have others changed their expectations? Are we now moving to a position where remaining among the johnny come lately teams playing infront of crowds of 100-200 is the norm?

Getting out of this division would constitute success on the part of the board/coach/players. What would constitute failure?

#11 Snoopy Loopy

Snoopy Loopy
  • Coach
  • 475 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:46 PM

Good grief - an Oldham fan pokes a little good hearted fun (using a very old joke) based on recent results and respective league positions and all hell breaks loose!

Chill out boys and girls - sit back have a giggle and follow AD with corresponding humour in the opposite direction.

If the preformance of the club is to be continually based on arguments that it was worse under some previous coach/regieme/ownership/club then I am not sure what the future holds.

Recent results have not been great, yes there are a string of home games to come and if promotion is achieved then all credit to those in charge (coach, board etc).

If not are we going to use excuses of injuries, negative posts on web sites etc?

I think most people agreed at the start of the season that not getting promotion from this deadleg division would be a disaster for the club. I still believe that - have others changed their expectations? Are we now moving to a position where remaining among the johnny come lately teams playing infront of crowds of 100-200 is the norm?

Getting out of this division would constitute success on the part of the board/coach/players. What would constitute failure?

Good post Anita

#12 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:21 AM

Great post Anita, I've said it before, I feel we are 'moving the deck chairs around on the Titanic' people have opinions right or wrong that's always gonna happen.
I find it quiet insulting when the phrases about being a member & support the lads are trotted out. Everyone does there bit, but at times with what's going on right now (on & off the pitch) I ask myself what's the point?
Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#13 StarfireHypervixen

StarfireHypervixen
  • Coach
  • 108 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:44 AM

Spoken like a real Super Leaguer.

Supporting Hornets is often frustrating, sometimes disappointing,and this season regularly expensive.

But those who stick with it will be justly proud, when the glory comes.

That, Mr Del Torro is the point.
Living life in such a way, that when my feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan says "Oh *@$^! She's awake!"

#14 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:56 PM

Spoken like a real Super Leaguer.

Supporting Hornets is often frustrating, sometimes disappointing,and this season regularly expensive.

But those who stick with it will be justly proud, when the glory comes.

That, Mr Del Torro is the point.

Your ether deluded or taking illicit substances.
Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#15 Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster
  • Coach
  • 413 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:18 PM

Your ether deluded or taking illicit substances.

"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . . . . . . . Which one did you perform? "

Andy 'Ghosty' Rogose is Ghostbuster

(Vice Chairman Rochdale Fijian Association) (Member Rochdale Mayfield A.R.L.F.C)

#16 Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster
  • Coach
  • 413 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:20 PM

Do 'School Teachers' take 'Illicit Substances' ? , I know a lot are 'Deluded' !
"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . . . . . . . Which one did you perform? "

Andy 'Ghosty' Rogose is Ghostbuster

(Vice Chairman Rochdale Fijian Association) (Member Rochdale Mayfield A.R.L.F.C)

#17 Lakeside

Lakeside
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:49 PM

Your mention of glass houses made me look back a few seasons, maybe you'd like to talk your way out of this one buddy!

Talk of supposed inept coaches took me back to the not-so-old days of Darren Abram. Now if you want to talk turkeys he's the daddy of them all.

Hornets were in the middle division and the creep towards the relegation places was picking up speed but Abram seemed unmoved. He would lean back on the perimeter fence with his clip-board and look completely divorced from the proceedings until he'd grab a players and seem to talk to him for ages and nothing changed.

Then Hornets went to play Sheffield at the Don Valley stadium in a night televised game. We all trooped down with high hopes as the Eagles were being ritually hammered by everybody, home and away. Our trip proved fruitless however as Sheffield gave us the mother an father of all beatings ad frankly made us look really bad on our fist televised game for many a year.

On our long and very weary return we all said he (Abram) had to go and surely the board would sack him and give the new guy a chance to revive the season. Not a bit of it, they even refused his resignation in favour of sacking him about 5 week later after we had our bacsides kicked at Halifax and
when any question of relegation had been answered in the affirmative!!!

So what does that say for the board at the time eh? Your call Lakeside or Lakeylad or any of the other people ganging up on Ian Talbot.

Pugwash.

Rambling trash

#18 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:16 PM

Rambling trash

To quote corporal Jones - "They don't like it up 'em Mr. Mainwaring, they don't like it up 'em!"

You get to have a go at the current board but when someone brings into the argument something from a previous era of the club it's all swept under the rug. It's OK, no answer is the answer I expected anyway but just remember Ian Talbot is trying to get us out of the division Darren Abram took us into!

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#19 Lakeside

Lakeside
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:02 PM

To quote corporal Jones - "They don't like it up 'em Mr. Mainwaring, they don't like it up 'em!"

You get to have a go at the current board but when someone brings into the argument something from a previous era of the club it's all swept under the rug. It's OK, no answer is the answer I expected anyway but just remember Ian Talbot is trying to get us out of the division Darren Abram took us into!

Pugwash.

Sponsorbank will be there to lead you every step of the way

#20 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:23 AM

Sponsorbank will be there to lead you every step of the way

Nothing at all to do with the current topic!

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users