Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

The new tops

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:43 PM

Think the club need to pull the fingers out they put it on the website all due in on weds after 12 I go down for it none in the club house its every time every other club get all the new stock out like clock work y cant we do it

#2 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:56 PM

I rang the club like the website suggested and mines in its way :-)

#3 casablanca

casablanca
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:57 PM

Charity Shirts update
http://www.townrlfc....le.php?id=11752

#4 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:14 PM

It's a joke

#5 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:34 PM

Fester has a point , been a few times I've been after stuff that was supposed to be in ... But wasn't . Scooting round various outlets before Christmas looking for stuff we were told were in but weren't , with people looking bemused what you're talking about or saying there's delays that you never knew about ! Not assigning blame but very frustrating .

Edited by DavidM, 17 July 2013 - 01:46 PM.

#6 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:58 PM

I find it amazing that despite all the good work that the club do people put so much focus on the negatives. I can't see how the club can be held responsible for a delayed order but if its happened on a number of occasions then I'd expect they'd look for an alternative supplier next season. If they didn't then its fair comment. If the only thing that people have to worry about is something as trivial as their shirt being a couple of days late then they're very lucky individuals.

#7 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:44 PM

got to agree with geordie, i work in a business where you rely on deliveries from other companies, and just because were the shop front its not our fault if the manufacturers are running behind or are out of stock. town can only sell what there sent.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#8 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:48 PM

It's been happening for the past two three years

#9 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:56 PM

That's why I said no blame attached , because we don't know the details . But it doesn't look good when things are trailed then frustration follows , that's all .

#10 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:31 PM

N when u pay your money up front by 5 6 weeks before they arrive I think we all have the right to moan about it

#11 town82

town82
  • Players
  • 61 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:53 PM

Moan all you want but you will have your shirt before the game. What is 1 or 2 days later as u said u have waited 6 weeks.

#12 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:19 PM

Im on about it all how comes every other clubs with new stock bar our runs like clock work

#13 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

Im on about it all how comes every other clubs with new stock bar our runs like clock work

Every other club?? You sure about that? How many other clubs do charity shirts half way through the season? Give the lads and lasses a break, if the manufacturer has failed in its promise to the club it's hardly the clubs fault. If you buy anything off the Internet you pay up front so why not? It will stop folk ordering shirts and then not picking them up costing the club cash if they then can't sell it.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#14 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:06 PM

Last year they said it was late due to manufactuer fault im only ###### off but every time they try palm u off n use all no it just wont have it said

#15 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:19 AM

I've always got my shirts on time and can't remember or find anything on the website about shirts being late in the past but I may be in the minority. Like I said, ur a very luck man/woman if all you have to worry about is a replica shirt being day or 2 late.

#16 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:21 AM

Careful boys, there will be a thread appearing from you know who on the darkside very soon telling his deciples that the Town board as gone into meltdown over bickering and fighting over the new shirt deliveries !!!!

#17 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:54 AM

Yeh , whatever opinions you have I think this one's been done now ... Huge game to focus on , this game will give us the breathing space that we need to solidify our position for next year .

Edited by DavidM, 18 July 2013 - 09:55 AM.

#18 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:55 AM

I received mine this morning but looking at the website they're all here anyway!

#19 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:51 PM

I got mine as well today got an xl one but is it just me or is the necks on the top got tighter

#20 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:41 PM

Mine was too same as with my home shirt. The neck just needs stretched by hand then it'll retain the bigger shape. Unless ur head is growing lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users