Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Keighley

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 833 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:36 PM

28-32
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#22 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 833 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

Just held on.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

#23 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,226 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:41 PM

Astonishing.

Score 32 in the first half and zero in the second.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#24 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 833 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:51 PM

Wasn't barrow away something similar ?

[

#25 leedsram

leedsram
  • Players
  • 98 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:56 PM

we won didnt we

#26 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:36 PM

Yes we won but walked away feeling like we'd lost

#27 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 955 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:51 PM

A win is a win,i will take results over performance anytime,even more so at this time of the reason.Not good on my heart though !!

#28 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:10 PM

Still shocked we walked away with a win

#29 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:18 PM

We win and Karl Pryce scores twice in opening minutes and still people complain.

Think this result just about secures our place in CC. Only Hunslet and Doncaster look winnable from remaining games and maybe odd bonus point, so not sure top eight looks feasible.

Well done to the players, a great result.

#30 leedsram

leedsram
  • Players
  • 98 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:49 PM

We win and Karl Pryce scores twice in opening minutes and still people complain.

Think this result just about secures our place in CC. Only Hunslet and Doncaster look winnable from remaining games and maybe odd bonus point, so not sure top eight looks feasible.

whos complained

#31 MirfieldRams

MirfieldRams
  • Coach
  • 136 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

Is Whitehaven not winnable?
Up The Rams

Mirfield Rams

#32 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:24 PM

You must have watched a different game to me then as we were diabolical in the 2nd half. In the first half we played like world beaters!

#33 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,226 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:26 PM

I reckon GM's half-time team talks must be a wonder to behold.

:tongue:

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#34 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,634 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:40 PM

I have always said KP would come good - he would be even better if he rested and got over whatever injury he is carrying. James Craven scored two tries, so that should guarantee his position in the team for a while shouldn't it - maybe even his future at the club ? Of course I could be wrong. B)  Still a good result though, and even if we only take a handful of points from the remaining fixtures, I think we would be unlucky to go down.

#35 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:04 PM

I have always said KP would come good - he would be even better if he rested and got over whatever injury he is carrying. James Craven scored two tries, so that should guarantee his position in the team for a while shouldn't it - maybe even his future at the club ? Of course I could be wrong. B)  Still a good result though, and even if we only take a handful of points from the remaining fixtures, I think we would be unlucky to go down.

It would mean 6 out of 7 teams below us having a better end to the season than us, which is very unlikely.

#36 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,672 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:17 PM

So last week I heard someone threw away his Season Ticket around half time and today it was threatened by one that he would not watch Dewsbury again if we did not win. Assume from that he MAY just pay a visit again.

World beaters in the first half and I suggested at half time we just turn around without a break - just in case we couldn't perform DOWNHILL in the second after a break.

Second half was diabolical and my thoughts almost.came true. That second half no-score syndrome is upon us once more!

Listening to Glenn Morrison's interview, it would seem we didn't do as we were told in the second half -again. He seems to think there are still plenty of games to go and time to build, but there isn't.

On those 80 minutes, we've no chance at Whitehaven and every league point is vital to all the teams now, but is the team bothered?

Edited by Crown Flatter, 23 July 2013 - 06:37 PM.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

#37 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 12:02 AM

The non existent tackling in the 2nd half was the worst I'd seen from any rugby league team in many years. Morrison seems to have lost the plot as there was no leadership whatsoever when the chips were down.

#38 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,086 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:04 AM

OMG at least us bulldogs only complain when we lose!

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#39 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 932 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 06:55 AM

Every league point is vital, and we've taken 16 from the last 24 available. We also knocked the holders out of the Northern Rail Cup.

We went away from home to a team scrapping for its life at the bottom of the table still without two of our main play-makers, then lost three more to injury ten minutes into the second half and still came away with the win.

In the first half we were fantastic but nobody (neither on here nor on Facebook) seems to want to waste their breath talking about that. We played some of the best football we've played all season and in Jonathan Schofield we appear to have one of the best attacking kickers we've had in a number of years.

Pryce's hands for his first try and hands + turn of pace for his second were two more 'x-factor' moments from the big man, but again doesn't warrant a mention.

Even my old man at half-time was predicting we'd put 50 or 60 on them, and I think if we'd have scored first they'd have crumbled, but they rallied and capitalised on our mistakes as I expected them to.

Tommy Gallagher getting drawn into a scuffle with the marker instead of playing the ball and giving away a penalty in our own half, knocking on when feeding the scrum, Ryan Hepworth trying to protect his face rather than effecting a charge down and conceding a repeat set, the ball bouncing straight into one of their lads' hands for an easy try after it ricocheted off Scott Hale from a nothing kick, Gregg Scott having the ball stolen after he dived on a loose ball, Brad Watkinson being penalised for a high tackle that looked for all the world a ball-and-all challenge, the freak bounce Danny Jones got for a 40/20 - some if of it our fault, some of it most definitely not, but it put them on top and they deserved their bonus point.

Our line speed in the last 20 minutes was really poor but I'm sure Glenn will address that. A lot has to go badly wrong for us and right for everybody else for us to go down and we will probably make the play-offs. We're also in the top ten, which will be crucial when the league splits into the two divisions of 12 in 2015.

Bucketloads of negativity as usual and people are entitled to their opinion, even, it seems, several of those on Facebook who didn't even go to the match.

But I'm entitled to my opinion too and I think to say we have "no chance" at Whitehaven and to suggest the team "aren't bothered" is extremely unfair.

Also to say "Glenn's lost the plot" when we've taken 16 points from the last 24 is baffling.

A number of people (on here and on Facebook) predicted a defeat yesterday. We come away with a win, and it's still not enough!! How can that be?

We don't have a divine right to hammer every team below us in the table, and to win every home game, and we shouldn't expect teams towards the bottom to roll over. Nobody has been cut adrift in this division for the first time in a long while and there are no easy victories.

Edited by Tom Coates, 22 July 2013 - 07:04 AM.

#40 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,226 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:06 AM

OMG at least us bulldogs only complain when we lose!

True but boy do you complain!

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users