TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

19/07/13 - Bradford Bulls v Hull FC KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Bradford Bulls (7 votes [63.64%])

Percentage of vote: 63.64%

2. Hull FC (4 votes [36.36%])

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,528 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:15 PM

Just shy of 8000

So if I had made it, it might have been 8k!

Crowds, whilst not appalling, must be a worry to Bradford.

#42 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,998 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:16 PM

So if I had made it, it might have been 8k!
Crowds, whilst not appalling, must be a worry to Bradford.

Surely 8,000 paying full price is better than 12,000 paying half price?

rldfsignature.jpg

#43 DimmestStar

DimmestStar
  • Coach
  • 111 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:29 PM

Tremendous advert for Super League.

8th v 10th and we get a high quality game like this.

It was like both teams were busting a gut to make that vital 9th spot.

#44 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,528 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:36 PM

Surely 8,000 paying full price is better than 12,000 paying half price?

Its a downward trend though. Not too long ago that would have been 11/12/13K.

#45 Odsal Outlaw

Odsal Outlaw
  • Coach
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:45 PM

Great win! And great defence from Bulls (although I think neither are good attacking sides to be fair). Maybe an outside bet for the 8 yet ....
Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League
Harry Jepson Winners 2008
RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008
East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008
Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005
RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

#46 JonNgog

JonNgog
  • Coach
  • 577 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:50 PM

Its a downward trend though. Not too long ago that would have been 11/12/13K.

Not really true, 8000 was about par for the course for them before they cheapened the season tickets in 2011. Now they can slowly rebuild with their core fan base paying a less ridiculously cheap price.

#47 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,528 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:55 PM

Not really true, 8000 was about par for the course for them before they cheapened the season tickets in 2011. Now they can slowly rebuild with their core fan base paying a less ridiculously cheap price.

It had gone down to about 8k average but games like this would have got a better crowd. The crowds are not picking up, simple as that. I'm hardly over the moon about it but it's the way it is.

#48 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,617 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:13 PM

Hemmings having a dig at the challenge cup, grow up ffs.

I really, really hope he didn't mean that the way it sounded.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#49 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,617 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:33 PM

Thoughts on the semi-final (based on this performance)

A good tough workout ahead of a nine day gap. Pretty good preparation IMO. Looked like we'll need Horne and/or Holdsworth back to stand a realistic chance of winning the game though.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#50 JonNgog

JonNgog
  • Coach
  • 577 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:47 PM

It had gone down to about 8k average but games like this would have got a better crowd. The crowds are not picking up, simple as that. I'm hardly over the moon about it but it's the way it is.

I'm not sure... in 2010 the Bulls only had 2 crowds over 10k, the same as they have so far this year. The game vs Hull in 2010 drew only 8,411 and it wasn't televised. The crowds now I'd say are on the same level as in 2010. Poor, but surely now the only way is up ( and Mr Khan seems to be trying his upmost to get fans back )

#51 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,528 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:14 PM

I'm not sure... in 2010 the Bulls only had 2 crowds over 10k, the same as they have so far this year. The game vs Hull in 2010 drew only 8,411 and it wasn't televised. The crowds now I'd say are on the same level as in 2010. Poor, but surely now the only way is up ( and Mr Khan seems to be trying his upmost to get fans back )

Yeah and I aren't trying to downplay the efforts. Certainly since the days of Northern the dedicated fanbase has grown considerably (with people like me)

But it's the more casual fans that may have been coming 10+ years ago but aren't now that seem to be the tough nut to crack.

#52 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,998 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:56 AM

Yeah and I aren't trying to downplay the efforts. Certainly since the days of Northern the dedicated fanbase has grown considerably (with people like me)But it's the more casual fans that may have been coming 10+ years ago but aren't now that seem to be the tough nut to crack.

8,000 for a team with no realistic chance of winning anything, this year or the immediate future, isn't bad at all John.

rldfsignature.jpg

#53 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,528 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:45 AM

8,000 for a team with no realistic chance of winning anything, this year or the immediate future, isn't bad at all John.

When you put it like that, it is not that bad. :)

#54 Bulliac

Bulliac
  • Coach
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:26 AM

That's spot on imo.

Ten years ago the team was in the mix for the play-off final, this year it's struggling, and not exactly favourite, to make the play-off series. 8K is a decent crowd and compares pretty well imo.

Thought it was a decent match, though nervousness from both sides probably reduced the quality somewhat, but it was a full blooded, no quarter asked or given rugby match and from the pov of a winner it was very enjoyable.

Edited by Bulliac, 20 July 2013 - 09:30 AM.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.co...s/31337109@N03/

#55 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:51 AM

That's spot on imo.
Ten years ago the team was in the mix for the play-off final, this year it's struggling, and not exactly favourite, to make the play-off series. 8K is a decent crowd and compares pretty well imo.

Thought it was a decent match, though nervousness from both sides probably reduced the quality somewhat, but it was a full blooded, no quarter asked or given rugby match and from the pov of a winner it was very enjoyable.

We were terrible, Gentle said our players were brain dead and I have to agree with him. We gifted a very determined Bradford team two points.

#56 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,081 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:28 AM

Lineham's decision to try and get outside the Bradford defence may have been dumb but it was understandable. Hull should have been out of sight well before then meaning a young kid didn't have to make that kind of choice.

On the first tackle deep in your own half with no support and about 3 players to go around, it was incredibly dumb! There's chancing your arm and then there's this. He'd have been better just kicking it and hoping for the best!
Posted Image

#57 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,998 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:49 AM

On the first tackle deep in your own half with no support and about 3 players to go around, it was incredibly dumb! There's chancing your arm and then there's this. He'd have been better just kicking it and hoping for the best!

I agree with you but he's a young kid and time wasn't' on Hull's side. Like I said understandable but dumb. Hull as a team should have had daylight between themselves and Bradford before it had to come to desperation plays.

rldfsignature.jpg

#58 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:24 PM

That turned out to be a good game, and well done Bulls, All things being equal they should have been out of it, I don't know what to make of Hull, They have the names and the players to do the job but they just seem to keep buckling under sometimes lesser sides.

Sooner or later they will come up with a top performance, Hopefully against Wolves. Are the players behind Gentle? they are certainly under performing for some reason. Bulls did very well with limited possession and position, If i were a Bulls fan i would be happy with that showing.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#59 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,617 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:07 PM

That's spot on imo.

I thought it was a decent game too and I thought Bradford deserved the win in the end. A far superior kicking game at the back end of the game earned them the territory they needed to nick it.

#60 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,617 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 03:47 PM

Rudderless ship

Agreed but the only half back Hull had on the pitch was a 20 year old who's been in the country five minutes. It's not really that surprising we lacked direction.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users