Photo
- - - - -

21/07/13 - Huddersfield Giants v Castleford Tigers KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Huddersfield Giants (8 votes [88.89%])

Percentage of vote: 88.89%

2. Castleford Tigers (1 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:37 AM

I think the Giants will finish top regardless of the result of the Wigan game, given possible Wembley distractions elsewhere.
The crowds are what they are. I wonder whether one reason people feel free to comment because crowds are used as a stick to beat development clubs with, and so it feels fair to make the point that crowds can be disappointing elsewhere.
Like GS, I think a fat better point to make than the Bitthplace of RL is how low the club had sunk for so long. Compared to those days they are in clover.

#42 TBC

TBC
  • Coach
  • 756 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:07 PM

I think it'd be great if they were getting bigger crowds. I'd guess it'll take a generation of relative success to really start getting the numbers in. Most of us can still remember the woeful sides of the 80s at Fartown, and that will take years to disassociate with the game in the town.

I've said this all along and think it's as relevant now as it was 10 years ago. We haven't even won anything yet and until we do I can't see attendances changing that much. I can understand Ken Davy's frustration being top of the league but until there is some tangible success unfortunately I can just see more frustration for him re attendances. As long as he keeps attracting young kids and their mums and dads the crowds should grow organically - but as you say that's going to take a generation or two.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users