Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

21/07/13 - Warrington Wolves v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Warrington Wolves (9 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. Hull Kingston Rovers (2 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

3. Draw (1 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,628 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:30 PM

Discuss Warrington Wolves v Hull Kingston Rovers here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 Wilderspoolmemories

Wilderspoolmemories
  • Coach
  • 751 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:45 PM

Warrington by 20.

2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16
2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6
2011 League Leaders Shield Winners
2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

#3 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,926 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:12 PM

Warrington to rest a few, the remaining players to have their minds on bigger and better opposition next week, Rovers to win by default around 14-16 points.

(And Steve Reed to bite if he's not wearing his reading glasses again...)

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#4 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:25 PM

I would like to say Wolves will be feeling the effects of the CC game, not so unfortunately, but HKR are very very good on occasions, i hope this is one of them. KR by a score, hopefully.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#5 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 565 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:52 PM

Warrington by 20 points as the Robins will still be recovering from being the best team in Hull. With key players missing such as Patterson, O Hara and Gleeson they will opt to let the Wires stretch their legs. Don't want to damage the underdogs chances against OFs boys next week.

Pity Hull have to go full tilt against Bradford this week to try and retain their their slim Play Off chances. It would be so unfair if they suffer any injuries.

#6 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,926 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:00 AM

Warrington by 20 points as the Robins will still be recovering from being the best team in Hull. With key players missing such as Patterson, O Hara and Gleeson they will opt to let the Wires stretch their legs. Don't want to damage the underdogs chances against OFs boys next week.

Pity Hull have to go full tilt against Bradford this week to try and retain their their slim Play Off chances. It would be so unfair if they suffer any injuries.

:nono: Be careful, let's not overstep the banter line here.

"Underdogs"  :laugh:  :laugh:

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#7 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,700 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:03 PM

Wire are coming to form.Wire by 26

but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#8 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:16 PM

We're the form side in the league (I can't even remember the last time we lost...) and should be confident of getting a result anywhere at the minute. Our defence has improved considerably and we're scoring a fair few points. The week off will have done us the world of good. Warrington is always a tough place to go but I think we'll go OK.

#9 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,014 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:38 PM

HKR could well turn over everyone's tip for the treble. I think they're a very good bet, and on song could give any team a run for their money.

#10 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,926 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 05:20 PM

We're the form side in the league (I can't even remember the last time we lost...)

I can.

#11 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,731 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:11 PM

We're the form side in the league (I can't even remember the last time we lost...)

I'll give you a clue - it was more recent than the last time we lost. And we haven't been playing basement fodder either.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#12 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,926 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:38 PM

I'll give you a clue - it was more recent than the last time we lost. And we haven't been playing basement fodder either.

Oooh, I can remember that as well.

#13 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 565 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:31 PM

Basement fodder? Huddersfield Catalans St Helens Hull....oops that one was a pools panel draw. And as we all know Hull "beat" Warrington and they are hardly a form team.

Any more of these insults and we...Rovers ...will just have to turn up and give you a real beating, something we normally save for Craven Park.

I may even have to support Hull in the Cup game, after all they have no chance at Wembley.

All this slagging off of Rovers must stop now, they are clearly the in form team.

#14 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,926 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:37 PM

I did wonder about the "basement fodder" comment but I had an idea my new red and white pal would save me the effort.

#15 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,792 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:02 PM

All this slagging off of Rovers must stop now, they are clearly the in form team.

Aye, clearly.

KR won 5 of the last 6.

Wire won 6 of the last 6.

Either way, could be a cracker if they both play with confidence. 

No doubt they won't both play brilliantly though and we'll have calls from fans to scrap Super League.

#16 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,926 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:08 AM

Seriously, what are peoples expectations of this as regards the winning team, 'cause the bookies certainly don't give Rovers much of a chance.

If you fancy Hull KR, you can get 11/2 on them winning by 1-12, 20/1 on them winning by 13+ and also 10/11 to win with 16 start.

http://www.oddscheck.../winning-margin

I know Wire would normally be hot faves but Rovers are in reasonable nick and Wire have the cup semi next week.

#17 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:58 AM

OK, one of the two form teams. Bleedin' Hull!

#18 archibald

archibald
  • Coach
  • 646 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:44 AM

Until the squads are announced I'd lay off the betting.

#19 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,926 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:52 AM

OK, one of the two form teams. Bleedin' Hull!

:biggrin: We win when it's important.

#20 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,526 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:49 AM

Two form teams, one in the play offs  no matter, the other one who knows.

I hope Warrington concentrate on this game and then worry about FC next Sunday

Warrington to sneak it by 8

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users