Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

21/07/13 - Warrington Wolves v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Warrington Wolves (9 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. Hull Kingston Rovers (2 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

3. Draw (1 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,203 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:51 AM

Two of Wire's wins were against Wigan and Leeds' A teams, and one was against a rabbit trapped in the headlights Giants, but they all count I suppose. (Cue ferocious defence of Wire's recent "record").

#22 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:29 PM

How's Myler? I've heard he may be struggling but not really kept up to date with it this week. Thanks.

#23 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,618 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:42 PM

Two of Wire's wins were against Wigan and Leeds' A teams, and one was against a rabbit trapped in the headlights Giants, but they all count I suppose. (Cue ferocious defence of Wire's recent "record").

Good point well made, A- team or first team, its still only two points for a win.

I guess your worried with the games you've got left... Saints, Leeds, Huddersfield, Hull FC, HKR and Catalans.......oh well lets see what happens

#24 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,990 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:05 PM

Until the squads are announced I'd lay off the betting.

By which time the bookies may have adjusted their odds, of course.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#25 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 569 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:01 PM

OF I would go with sWanky Warrington as they are nailed on certs for
the playoffs and the Challenge Cup . Rovers seem not to be worthy of any respect by most forum members...too many Aussies too poor to compete too close to Hull...so I cannot see them defying the odds again this weekend. A team that can lose 84 - 6 at home to Wigan should never be able to win 13 games this season.

However it would be nice to beat the Wires,you to get a good result at the bookies and Hull to be encouraged for next weekend.

#26 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:45 PM

OF I would go with sWanky Warrington as they are nailed on certs for
the playoffs and the Challenge Cup . Rovers seem not to be worthy of any respect by most forum members...too many Aussies too poor to compete too close to Hull...so I cannot see them defying the odds again this weekend. A team that can lose 84 - 6 at home to Wigan should never be able to win 13 games this season.

However it would be nice to beat the Wires,you to get a good result at the bookies and Hull to be encouraged for next weekend.

That's a bit disrespectful to Wigan, Steve ;)

We are a much better side than people have given us credit for. I'm happy to see us just do what we're doing, going week-by-week, 'flying under the radar' and letting people write us off before a ball has been kicked. If we get 50% points in our remaining games we'll finish top 8.

#27 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,203 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:06 PM

Nice to see a thread bringing back the biff.'

#28 Rammo23

Rammo23
  • Coach
  • 205 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:42 PM

:biggrin: We win when it's important.

It doesn't really matter as long as we beat you black and whites and then maybe just get the same points win or lose we finish above you, not bad considering we are supposed to be unfit to lick your boots, trouble is with Hull they get a really good squad but always under achieve and have since Super League was introduced apart from Cookie pulling off a well finished try in Cardiff for your "important win"

#29 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,990 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:04 AM

Nice to see a thread bringing back the biff.'

All good clean fun.

(Although one or two seem to take me a bit too seriously, tbh. ;) )

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#30 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,525 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:46 PM

Seriously, what are peoples expectations of this as regards the winning team, 'cause the bookies certainly don't give Rovers much of a chance.

If you fancy Hull KR, you can get 11/2 on them winning by 1-12, 20/1 on them winning by 13+ and also 10/11 to win with 16 start.

http://www.oddscheck.../winning-margin

I know Wire would normally be hot faves but Rovers are in reasonable nick and Wire have the cup semi next week.

Tricky one this, mate, looks like Tony Smith has named a strong squad. Warrington tend to start games well so I would expect them to top the 16 point handicap at some point but they may well take their foot off the pedal there may well be a magnificent Rovers fightback. If in-play betting were available I'd go for Wire at -16 hoping they got a couple of quick scores then take Rovers when the handicap stretched out to 24ish and hope to hit the middle.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#31 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,525 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:00 AM

All good clean fun.

(Although one or two seem to take me a bit too seriously, tbh. ;) )

Nobody said being the head honcho of a cocky cabal would be all beer and skittles, mate.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#32 archibald

archibald
  • Coach
  • 646 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:24 AM

No Myler, Morley or Westwood. Dwyer's inclusion would suggest one of M.Monaghan/Higham to rest. Plus Waterhouse/J.Monaghan/Hodgson may sit it out.

Take the 16 points. HullKr should probably even win outright.

#33 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,990 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:49 PM

12-6 Wire at half time, Rovers having a tey disallowed for a forward pass at the death. I wonder if it would have been ruled out if it had been the home side, although I'm sure Mr Roby is having a fine game.

#34 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,990 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:18 PM

16-6

#35 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,990 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:24 PM

20-6, 17 mins to go.

#36 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,990 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:30 PM

28-6 now, Rovers allowing Wire a bit of scoring practice for next week.

#37 archibald

archibald
  • Coach
  • 646 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:31 PM

No Myler, Morley or Westwood. Dwyer's inclusion would suggest one of M.Monaghan/Higham to rest. Plus Waterhouse/J.Monaghan/Hodgson may sit it out.

Take the 16 points. HullKr should probably even win outright.

What do I know.

#38 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,990 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:36 PM

What do I know.

It's now 34-6 so, obviously, not much.

(Says the man who had a bet on Hull KR...)

#39 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,783 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

Looking like we might record one of the shocks of the season here, against that unstoppable Rovers side.

EDIT: We've done it! Torn up the formbook.

Edited by Just Browny, 21 July 2013 - 03:44 PM.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#40 archibald

archibald
  • Coach
  • 646 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

Looking like we might record one of the shocks of the season here, against that unstoppable Rovers side.

We confused them a bit playing so many reserves. Can't have been easy for them to prepare for us. To be honest, we've practically cheated them out of two points. Still, I'm sure they can claim a moral victory, it seems to be the way for teams who lose/choke against us.