Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Salford chase Pritchard

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Railway End

Railway End
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

It appears the good Doctor has set his sights high by making an offer for current NZ international Frank Pritchard.

http://www1.skysport.../12040/8827659/

If he can land him it would be a great signing and genuinely show the cubs intent.

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

#2 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:53 PM

Was on top of his game 4 or 5 years ago but his form seems to have waned somewhat lately. But can see him doing a great job for Salford if they can sign him.

#3 The Big Gun

The Big Gun
  • Coach
  • 391 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:00 PM

There's no chance of Salford signing him, but he'd be the best forward in SL if he did come.

#4 Railway End

Railway End
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:01 PM

Was on top of his game 4 or 5 years ago but his form seems to have waned somewhat lately. But can see him doing a great job for Salford if they can sign him.

I think since his move to the Bulldogs he has got back to the top of his game.  For me was NZ's best player in the ANZAC test.

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

#5 Railway End

Railway End
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:08 PM

There's no chance of Salford signing him, but he'd be the best forward in SL if he did come.

Unless the Bulldogs want to clear some room in the salary cap to upgrade the likes of Finucane, Jackson, Taupau and maybe increase James Graham's contract as he has proved himself now.  

Having said this, I agree I can't see it happening unless the player himself has set his heart on playing over here.

#6 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:10 PM

He seems to fade from time to time but when he's on form he can be almost unstoppable. I agree that his move to the Bulldogs has worked out very well and that he'd be amongst the best forwards in Super League if he did come over.

I would be extremely impressed if Salford managed to pull this off.

#7 bluewhite10

bluewhite10
  • Workington
  • 275 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:42 PM

Unless the Bulldogs want to clear some room in the salary cap to upgrade the likes of Finucane, Jackson, Taupau and maybe increase James Graham's contract as he has proved himself now.

Having said this, I agree I can't see it happening unless the player himself has set his heart on playing over here.

Taupau has signed for west tigers
bluewhitearmy

#8 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,886 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:10 PM

Not going to happen salary cap will prevent it. Such a shame SL can't sign players of his calibre.

#9 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:36 PM

Not going to happen salary cap will prevent it. Such a shame SL can't sign players of his calibre.

Couldn't agree more. Such a small minded decision to knock back the marquee player rule.

#10 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,872 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:38 AM

Pritchard blows hot and cold, but on his day, he's excellent.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#11 thepimp007

thepimp007
  • Coach
  • 461 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:48 PM

Couldn't agree more. Such a small minded decision to knock back the marquee player rule.

True as it may be how many marquee players are salford going to want though?

#12 Red John

Red John
  • Coach
  • 209 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:52 PM

Why don't we just pin a thread titled "Salford chase everyone in the whole world", and be done with it?

Because, more realistically, it should be called "Salford chase a relatively small number of well known players but are reported to be chasing every player whose contract is coming up for renewal".

#13 Red John

Red John
  • Coach
  • 209 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:53 PM

Just the one.

#14 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,957 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:14 PM

No more than thirteen. Except when we play Cas, when we would obviously want fourteen.  :ph34r:  :jester:

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users