- - - - -

What's on TV and When? Round 19 Game Talk

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 G Las D

G Las D
  • 15,010 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:21 PM

All six of the NRL R19 games are being shown this weekend.

The teams on byes are Broncos, Bulldogs, Storm and Cowboys, hence we're two games short of a full set!

All games are being shown live bar one, the Sunday clash between Panthers and Knights. This is a case of what has to be when two games run concurrently.

PSportsRound192013_zps053507d2.jpg

Friday's game would be interesting anyway with two much improved teams meeting on the Tigers' patch. It's even more interesting given the publicity around Benji Marshall's 'shock' announcement that he wants away from the club he's been a famous fixture with for 11 years. Will this distract Tigers or galvanise them into action? Should be a good game!

For potential wooden spooners, Eels don't play so bad. They have suffered from injuries this season but generally seem to put up a decent fight. Going to Canberra though will be a toughy for them

The Roosters  v Sharks game should be a high impact affair. with the home side probably nicking the win.

I must say I have enjoyed watching the Titans this season. Their half backs generally sparkle and the whole team moves the ball about too. They will be up against a Manly team who have pulled themselves together with creative halves, big forwards and  centres that most teams would grab at.

I'm expecting another home win in Sunday's second game where an increasingly confident and pacy Panthers outfit could outrun a decent Knights team with stars of its own.

That leaves us with Monday's game that you'd think would be a formality for the Bunnies. OK they are missing Greg Inglis who's had to pull out with an injury sustained in Origin 3.

All the same they are packed with power pace and punch so you'd expect them to waltz this one. Dragons however have nothing to lose and have rung the changes for this one. Rabbitohs should win this at a canter, unless they are very complacent! So perhaps a whole set of home wins ... or then again ...

Enjoy your Rugby League.

Edited by G Las D, 18 July 2013 - 04:25 PM.

ARLForumstrap2014_zps302d9d20.jpg   

*************** Disciple of Experience **************

#2 G Las D

G Las D
  • 15,010 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:43 AM

Tigers wanted that win but didn't have the petrol in the tank. As the game wore on the Warriors were too strong for them .

Two players making all the difference were  Simon Mannering and Shaun Johnson.

I don't usually mention it, but thought the officials had a patchy to poor game.

#3 Bourbon Rat

Bourbon Rat
  • Coach
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:06 AM

Didn't get to watch it but well done Warriors !!

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite

and furthermore always carry a small snake - W C Fields

#4 G Las D

G Las D
  • 15,010 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:59 AM

Tigers fans must be miffed by the way they can be rolled over. Warriors got better as the game went on.

Tigers on the other hand started well and tailed off. Their big players looked a bit jaded.

While watching Manly  versus Gold Coast this morning the commentator gave out the result in the Panthers/Knights game.

How poor is that when that was the delayed game.

The controversial decision by the video ref to award the Dean Whare try is getting a lot of coverage.

Just the Rabbitohs v Dragons game left to play in the round. If Dragons win it will surely be the upset of the season.

#5 G Las D

G Las D
  • 15,010 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:48 AM

Nice turn of phrase on NRL.com:

"Manly solidify fourth spot"

img_01032.jpg?w=300&h=200Just waiting for my maroon respray

#6 G Las D

G Las D
  • 15,010 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:35 AM

Just half an hour to go before Dragons take on league leaders Souths.

Will Jason Nightingale get a try during the game?

It seems like a long time since he last scored one and he's such a good player who normally scores them with regularity.

Prediction:

Rabbitohs to win - (happy to be wrong!!!)

FInal Score 36 - 12

Jason Nightingale to score a try!

#7 robinson2

robinson2
  • Coach
  • 105 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:01 AM

Not really a fan of Golden Point as most times I watch such games, they descend into hopeful punts from 40+ metres but tonight it worked well as the Dragons ran it on the last, got a lucky break and a new set of six and Brett Morris scored the winning try in extra time. A surprising result even with the absence of Inglis - it will be interesting to see how Souths recover and go until the great man returns.

#8 Bourbon Rat

Bourbon Rat
  • Coach
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:38 AM

Hmm ? I left the laptop with Souths in control & around 16 minutes to go - What a surprise :ph34r:

The Rabbitohs have a northern road trip the next two rounds.

But Sydney & Melbourne get it tough also.

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite

and furthermore always carry a small snake - W C Fields

#9 G Las D

G Las D
  • 15,010 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 05:15 PM

Well done Dragons that was a whole hearted fighting comeback.

Before the kick off I couldn't see how on form dragons could beat Souths.

That was a famous victory for them, thoroughly deserved.

Loyal Dragons fans can be rightly proud of their team.

Great game all round.

#10 DeadShotKeen

DeadShotKeen
  • Coach
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:41 AM

Fabulous game Rabbitohs-Dragons, possibly the highest quality RL game I've ever seen (I seem to say that every week of late though!) The game really had everything but most notable was the overall quality of the play - so few handling errors in particular.

That the 15 side can beat the 1 side on their own patch and in Dugan, Morris and Merrin had genuine world class players really reinforces everything I love about NRL. What a league.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users