Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

prem sports freeview 9.30 tonight thursday festival highlights

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:54 PM

i know there is another thread but this ones better ;)

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#2 hawk-eye

hawk-eye
  • 617 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:55 PM

I'll bite, why is your thread better, where's the link?

Posted Image

#3 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:22 PM

no reason just more visible, great game on now 10-0 to england students(don't tell me the final score)

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#4 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 972 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:49 AM

2634 is pretty impressive I thought.

#5 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 972 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:50 AM

And the Wheelchair was a sell out!!

#6 Impartial Observer

Impartial Observer
  • Coach
  • 471 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:44 AM

So sad though that hardly anyone was there, if that was RU they would have had 30/40000 at Twickenham,what is it with RL that fans are just not interested in these wonderful events.

Why compare with RU, why are we so worried about them? Why not compare with cricket or football? Last night a European Womens Football International was shown live on BBC3 and on Radio 5 Live, there was 7000 there. To get 2634 at Headingley was a fantastic effort as was getting it on Premier Sports.

We have our own wonderful sport, let's concentrate on the positives. 

#7 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,303 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:17 PM

I was there. It was a cracking day. Three great games of RL and even though I missed most of the first one due to the Ashes it was great to see how committed Premier Sports are to the sport by showing highlights of the day (plus the Student final in full) so I didn't miss much action!

Posted Image

#8 JonNgog

JonNgog
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:53 PM

Why compare with RU, why are we so worried about them? Why not compare with cricket or football? Last night a European Womens Football International was shown live on BBC3 and on Radio 5 Live, there was 7000 there. To get 2634 at Headingley was a fantastic effort as was getting it on Premier Sports.
 We have our own wonderful sport, let's concentrate on the positives.

He does have a point though. Just look at the Exiles game. A similar fixture in RU would get 60k at least into Twickers... so many RL fans just can't see past their own club:(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users