Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Game off

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 955 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:38 AM

On the club's website , an announcement says tomorrows game against Hemel is off. No reason is given

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 higgy

higgy
  • 338 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:04 AM

On the club's website , an announcement says tomorrows game against Hemel is off. No reason is given

Hemel cried off once again saying they cannot raise a team?? disgraceful considering they have no game this weekend either.

There should be some penalty imposed by the RLFC for the cancellation at this late stage, after all I am sure our club must have ordered food, booked stewards, pyhsio's, doctor etc which must now be cancelled but at what cost to us?

Some of our players must also have given up work time for the game, and trained during the week for nothing, 

#3 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 627 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:14 AM

Didn't outoftownroughyed predict it would be off on another thread?

#4 higgy

higgy
  • 338 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:55 AM

Didn't outoftownroughyed predict it would be off on another thread?

No I did but my comments were thought to be negative at the time?

But my feelings about clubs like Hemel and South Wales are that they don't want to participate and travel, but expect others to come to them.

The RFL need to step up (Like Phil Costin said in his program comments last week) and tell these clubs what to do not give them options.

#5 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,864 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:52 PM

deleted

Edited by roughyedspud, 19 July 2013 - 12:54 PM.

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#6 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 321 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:37 PM

Hemel and south Wales didn't want to incur travel costs and wanted double header games as we had at Hemel, where they would travel with the first team and hence saving two journeys, the couldn't raise a team to come to Oldham the first time but a week later or so played a double header at south Wales. South Wales have withdrawn from the u20s maybe Hemel should follow suit

#7 winedrinkerme

winedrinkerme
  • Coach
  • 111 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:15 PM

I told you this game was off earlier this week and its on rugby league live that the game was off but did you believe NO YOU DELETED MY POST WITHOUT ASKING VERY RUDE who every did it next time don't ask the club check other websites

#8 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 955 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:22 AM

If you read the statement on the club website you'll see that they didn't know till Friday morning when they read the overnight email they'd received . So up to then it was still very much on

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#9 higgy

higgy
  • 338 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:26 PM

If you read the statement on the club website you'll see that they didn't know till Friday morning when they read the overnight email they'd received . So up to then it was still very much on

Correct

#10 winedrinkerme

winedrinkerme
  • Coach
  • 111 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:41 AM

well all other sites new it was off

#11 higgy

higgy
  • 338 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:34 PM

well all other sites new it was off

It strange how they knew because, I spoke to the coach on Friday, and as stated by Allroughyed the club were not notified until late Thursday evening and that was by email, not even the courtesy of a phone call?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users