Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Woods loses Knights claim

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:51 PM

Posted Image

#2 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,800 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:37 PM

Should make this Sundays game a bit tasty, wonder if we will hear from 2 Blues about this?.

#3 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:26 PM

Should make this Sundays game a bit tasty, wonder if we will hear from 2 Blues about this?.

He supports Salford now.

It's time to park the camels.

#4 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:49 PM

Looks like he's changed his name...

Posted Image

#5 barlby knight

barlby knight
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 08:36 PM

Haven't we been landed with the costs though !
LOVE THE KNIGHTS , LIVE THE KNIGHTS

#6 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,800 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 09:08 PM

Haven't we been landed with the costs though !

About 80K

#7 steve56

steve56
  • Coach
  • 372 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:46 AM

From reading the Press this looks like a serious situation for the club all the talk in the article of bankruptcy and uncertain futures etc.Hope it's not a case of here we go again.

#8 WRknight

WRknight
  • Players
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:04 AM

This situation is ridiculous, the future of the club put in doubt for £12,800 ? Did the club not look at the costs involved before hand, we would have been better off paying him what he wanted and saving ourselves £67,000.

#9 barlby knight

barlby knight
  • Coach
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:37 AM

Makes me laugh that he was claiming travelling expenses for travelling to & from Gateshead , so all the while he was running The Cross Keys & previous to that The Fox & Hounds at Copmanthorpe he was going home to the N E every night , rather think he'd have been in York , greedy so & so !
LOVE THE KNIGHTS , LIVE THE KNIGHTS

#10 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:02 AM

From reading the Press this looks like a serious situation for the club all the talk in the article of bankruptcy and uncertain futures etc.Hope it's not a case of here we go again.

Read the quotes in the story about the four players we have signed next year. We are not going bankrupt.

Posted Image

#11 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:04 AM

This situation is ridiculous, the future of the club put in doubt for £12,800 ? Did the club not look at the costs involved before hand, we would have been better off paying him what he wanted and saving ourselves £67,000.

Of course we did. He was offered a payout higher than the judge awarded him.

Posted Image

#12 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:06 AM

Makes me laugh that he was claiming travelling expenses for travelling to & from Gateshead , so all the while he was running The Cross Keys & previous to that The Fox & Hounds at Copmanthorpe he was going home to the N E every night , rather think he'd have been in York , greedy so & so !

He was in York.

Posted Image

#13 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 605 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:22 AM

Yeah, he was definitely in York.

#14 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 10:41 AM

Maybe it felt like he was travelling that far because he is a rather large gentleman. (Don't want to say fat, that's mean)

It's time to park the camels.

#15 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,847 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 12:21 PM

I believe its called a "Pyrrhic" victory

#16 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 605 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:42 PM

Pyrric indeed. If I remember correctly, I think the quote from pyrrus goes "Another victory such as this and we are undone"

#17 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,847 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:13 PM

Pyrric indeed. If I remember correctly, I think the quote from pyrrus goes "Another victory such as this and we are undone"

Indeed

#18 Peter G.

Peter G.
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:49 PM

I posted at the time that the MANNER of Woods sacking was wrong and my fear was that the bitterness caused by "the email" would come back later to bite the club on the bum. It seems that the club, in failing to pay Woods his redundancy entitlement, fanned the flames of that bitterness and caused further resentment. 

It appears from the piece in The Press that Woods sensibly had a "no win no fee" agreement with his solicitor. With no similar guarantee the question must be asked as to why the Knights would risk the future of the club by going to court and risking incurring massive costs?

As for Woods still claiming that he was entitled to his championship survival bonus when the club clearly avoided relegation by default, he was either taking the p!s or his bitterness got the better of him!

#19 jiggyknight

jiggyknight
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:29 AM

Maybe it was woods greed that took it so far. The fact there was a figure offered to him,for some reason never took it and let it go to court maybe be thought he was worth more than offered. Thing is he's proberbly come out with less than offered,but because of his greed he has put the club at risk.

#20 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:51 AM

Thing is he's proberbly come out with less than offered,but because of his greed he has put the club at risk.

When he was first let go by the club, he actually rang me to thank the fans for all their hard work in supporting and helping finance the squad, saying we were great supporters etc and to keep up the money raising stuff to help the club prosper. Well Dave, we're all going to have to work four times as hard now to even survive you greedy, money grabbing get.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users