Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Woods loses Knights claim

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,101 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:20 AM

Pyrric indeed. If I remember correctly, I think the quote from pyrrus goes "Another victory such as this and we are undone"

I'm so glad I'm on this forum - I do learn some cracking stuff !! :rap:

#22 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,861 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:52 PM

I'm so glad I'm on this forum - I do learn some cracking stuff !! :rap:

Or you could go on a search engine as such as "google" as young Mr Hall did.

#23 Peter G.

Peter G.
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:18 PM

When he was first let go by the club, he actually rang me to thank the fans for all their hard work in supporting and helping finance the squad, saying we were great supporters etc and to keep up the money raising stuff to help the club prosper. Well Dave, we're all going to have to work four times as hard now to even survive you greedy, money grabbing get.

At the time his kind words were offered to you Simon he presumably thought that the club were about to pay him his redundancy entitlement. To me it was a mistake that the club did not pay him this money as they would then have been in a stronger position when more spurious claims were forthcoming.

I am not just here to defend a bloke whom I never actually met on speaking terms and who could be the greediest so and so on the planet for all I know, the devil incarnate even. But when the club failed to pay his statutory entitlement this must have fanned the flames of resentment. In following this path I believe that once again the club have shot themselves in the foot and left us with a hell of a bloody mess. Shades of Headingleygate, but with far worse consequences.

#24 Bro

Bro
  • Players
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 02:48 PM

It's pretty funny how you all sit behind your little computers with your little minds speculating on what goes on with the players and coaches all season long.No one on here would even have the slightest knowledge of what was in [my brother] Dave's contract. I'm also sure if any of you had any talent and were actually able to sign a contract and have that contract broken you would fight to get what you believe you were owed.

But I suppose you are all on the computer writing this stuff and some of the other dribble you write on other subjects because you aren't and never will be good enough to actually play or coach at any kind of rugby league other then very low grade park footy.

#25 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:46 PM

It's pretty funny how you all sit behind your little computers with your little minds speculating on what goes on with the players and coaches all season long.No one on here would even have the slightest knowledge of what was in [my brother] Dave's contract. I'm also sure if any of you had any talent and were actually able to sign a contract and have that contract broken you would fight to get what you believe you were owed.

But I suppose you are all on the computer writing this stuff and some of the other dribble you write on other subjects because you aren't and never will be good enough to actually play or coach at any kind of rugby league other then very low grade park footy.

You mean just like you're doing?

It's time to park the camels.

#26 Bro

Bro
  • Players
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:10 PM

But the difference here is I'm not speculating

#27 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:19 PM

But the difference here is I'm not speculating

K bro. HAJAHAHA GEDDIT!!??!? BRO!??!?! HAHAHAHAAAAHHAHAVHA..

#28 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:31 PM

It's pretty funny how you all sit behind your little computers with your little minds speculating on what goes on with the players and coaches all season long.No one on here would even have the slightest knowledge of what was in [my brother] Dave's contract. I'm also sure if any of you had any talent and were actually able to sign a contract and have that contract broken you would fight to get what you believe you were owed.

Do you eat lots of pies too?

Edited by TheTerminator, 21 July 2013 - 04:31 PM.

Posted Image

#29 Bro

Bro
  • Players
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:36 PM

I like that one I do love a pie and like my brother I can actually play footy not just be a whinging supporter.

while I'm here terminator what was the score in todays game it sounded good on the radio

#30 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:42 PM

I like that one I do love a pie and like my brother I can actually play footy not just be a whinging supporter.

while I'm here terminator what was the score in todays game it sounded good on the radio

Your brother can play footy? Does he get around on a mobokart or does he sit on a swivel chair whilst someone pushes his girth around the pitch? Not sure what todays score was, as I'm not a York fan. You'll have to check an RL website.

Edited by TheTerminator, 21 July 2013 - 04:45 PM.

Posted Image

#31 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:47 PM

LOL

#32 Bro

Bro
  • Players
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:50 PM

I thought both were quite funny, the comment and the score

#33 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:52 PM

I fail to see how a score is 'funny' but if you're trying to get a reaction then you're not gonna get one, we all know we're ###### :)

#34 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,303 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:54 PM

Cool-Story-Bro.jpg

Posted Image

#35 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:55 PM

Cool-Story-Bro.jpg

I already used bro. D:< please refer to your netiquette handbook ;)

#36 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 610 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:39 PM

Edit.
Foo kit, cant be arst

Edited by AndyHall, 21 July 2013 - 05:44 PM.

#37 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:15 PM

Sounds distinctly like a Greater Spotted Haven Troll......

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#38 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 610 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:16 AM

Dave Woods is a wonderful man. Kind, compassionate, and as honest as the day is long. He even gave his old friends at York a cheerful wave from the dugout! We miss you Dave and would like to extend an invitation to come back and see us anytime.

Anyhoo, must dash. My doctor's here with my meds and I think he's noticed I've slipped my jacket...

Edited by AndyHall, 22 July 2013 - 08:17 AM.

#39 Clarence St

Clarence St
  • Coach
  • 331 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:20 PM

I don't know the ins and outs of the recent court case between the Knights and Dave Woods but it seems a bit like six of one and half a dozen of the other to me when it comes to apportioning blame for the outcome. As Peter G. said it appears it was all made worse because the club didn't pay him what he was legally entitled to and sacking a person by email is something I would certainly not like to have happened to me during my working life.

One thing I DO know and remember which I am suprised nobody has mentioned is that wonderful afternoon at Warrington when we beat Oldham and secured promotion. That was my most memorable day in supporting York for over 60 years and I don't care what anyone else says, Dave Woods was the coach that day and he was our hero and the best thing since sliced bread. Nothing that happened in court last week will ever change that for me! IF the allegations of claiming wrongful travel expenses were true, well of course that's disappointing but it still won't alter my thoughts on that day in Warrington. After all the happenings in the House of Commons in recent times one could almost be forgiven for thinking it was a national pastime!

Edited by Clarence St, 23 July 2013 - 05:26 PM.

#40 vodka queen

vodka queen
  • Coach
  • 516 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:05 PM

I don't know the ins and outs of the recent court case between the Knights and Dave Woods but it seems a bit like six of one and half a dozen of the other to me when it comes to apportioning blame for the outcome. As Peter G. said it appears it was all made worse because the club didn't pay him what he was legally entitled to and sacking a person by email is something I would certainly not like to have happened to me during my working life.
One thing I DO know and remember which I am suprised nobody has mentioned is that wonderful afternoon at Warrington when we beat Oldham and secured promotion. That was my most memorable day in supporting York for over 60 years and I don't care what anyone else says, Dave Woods was the coach that day and he was our hero and the best thing since sliced bread. Nothing that happened in court last week will ever change that for me! IF the allegations of claiming wrongful travel expenses were true, well of course that's disappointing but it still won't alter my thoughts on that day in Warrington. After all the happenings in the House of Commons in recent times one could almost be forgiven for thinking it was a national pastime!

If this was Facebook then I'd click the 'like' button on this comment...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users