TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Hornets new signing

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 ornit4ever

ornit4ever
  • Coach
  • 431 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:11 PM

Our new signing, Rauri Mcgoff, is a great coup for the club.

He has certainly torn into Hornets in the recent past whilst playing with Workington and later at Barrow. He is a real grafter and a very much 'in your face' type of player.

Well done to IT  and his staff in bringing in such a player at this stage of the season.

Welcome aboard Rauri and lets the ship stablised again.....................HORNETS!!

RUGBY LEAGUE WITHOUT ROCHDALE HORNETS IS LIKE AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL, THERES NO POINT?

#2 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:19 PM

I echo your post O4E, he certainly does sound like the sort who will add steel to our squad.

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#3 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:37 AM

I see this good news has not led to any congratulations from the 'usual suspects', they just come out when it's bad news!

WELL DONE Ian and the coaching team!!!

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#4 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:58 PM

I see this good news has not led to any congratulations from the 'usual suspects', they just come out when it's bad news!

WELL DONE Ian and the coaching team!!!

Pugwash.

We've signed a player? Doesn't every club do that? His pen pic sounds good, I suspect the lack of comments is because not many know enough about him.
Good luck to the lad we've needed a pack leader even from the Stanky days
Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#5 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:47 PM

We've signed a player? Doesn't every club do that? His pen pic sounds good, I suspect the lack of comments is because not many know enough about him.
Good luck to the lad we've needed a pack leader even from the Stanky days

Quite right Phil, but if he'd signed for Oldham there'd have been a gaggle of you lot on here quick sharp asking why we hadn't got him, blah, blah, blah. Face facts mate you've got it in for Ian Talbot because of Matt Calland and anything short of MC being made coach will not make you lot happy.

In the past I've known of many players Hornets have tried to sign and missed but it was confidential information and some people know what confidential means!

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#6 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:42 PM

Quite right Phil, but if he'd signed for Oldham there'd have been a gaggle of you lot on here quick sharp asking why we hadn't got him, blah, blah, blah. Face facts mate you've got it in for Ian Talbot because of Matt Calland and anything short of MC being made coach will not make you lot happy.

In the past I've known of many players Hornets have tried to sign and missed but it was confidential information and some people know what confidential means!

Pugwash.

Your bang out of order here Pugwash, Oldham have picked up several quality lads on loan this last 2 months and i do not recall me or any other poster questioning why the Club/IT isnt doing it. Every Hornets fan knows there is not a pot of money to go at, so once we assemble a squad, thats pretty much it until the end of the season.

I also do not have it in for IT. I dont know him, i have never been personal about him. He is the coach of Rochdale Hornets and must be made accountable for the results, league position and squad we have assembled End of!! Last time i looked i was in the North West of England, not downtown Damascus where i would be dragged in the street and flogged for questioning a man in authority. Its an independent fans forum and if the powers that be dont like what they read, dont read it! Why would you put yourself through that?

I am accountable in my job, like many others and when perfomances are not to the standard we where promised/expected, its fair to question, right? I would expect it at work.

And what the hell you are on about with regards to confidential. You wrote this straight after 2 pints of mild in Spotland Reform?

Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#7 glemiln

glemiln
  • Coach
  • 213 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:15 PM

http://www.canadarug...rs.php?id=10044

Good luck to the new signing and hopefully contributing to an arrest of the downward spiral of the last weeks.  To think, had we thought and fought to secure a bonus point in those last 3 away games, we would be 3rd now!  Still, water under bridge but now there is nothing left but to do the talking on the pitch and secure 15 points.  It will not be easy and I can only hope that all concerned with our future (IT, MC (?) and players) will be pulling together to secure a play-off berth. No hiding places.

#8 ormskirknet

ormskirknet
  • Players
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:32 AM

Looks like a decent signing to me.

He has certainly ripped into us before while he played at Worky and Barrow, the sort of big rough go forward prop we need to back up Wos Thompson & Cooky, we have been short of a 'messer' all season, the type of player who winds up the opposition and fans, I hope Mcgoff is that type of player for us.

Without stating the obvious its a huge week for us as its the beginning of the 'home run' so to speak.

Maybe I am kidding myself here, but its just the right time to start building momentum going into the play-off's, it about getting on roll just as the Rhinos seem to do every year, I am not for one minute trying to compare our squad with that of Leeds but you know the point I am trying to make here. Top spot has gone and 2nd is going to be a tall order also, but its still very much in our hands despite a shocking 4 or 5 week spell.

Do I beleive that the lads can do it? Well yes I do........but lets be perfectly clear, there is no more room for poor performances and results, in any of the up-comming 5 games

A win on Sunday will just be the start of this process.

Come on lads, let do this!

Edited by ormskirknet, 23 July 2013 - 06:49 AM.

#9 Lakeside

Lakeside
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:11 AM

The way in which Pugwash abuses other people's opinions on a disscussion forum like this should have seen him banned a long time ago.

#10 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:37 AM

The way in which Pugwash abuses other people's opinions on a disscussion forum like this should have seen him banned a long time ago.

Do as I say, not as I do. Comes to mind. Observations, opinions & democratic thoughts are something that's lacking.
Phil Bull.

#11 ornit4ever

ornit4ever
  • Coach
  • 431 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:19 AM

Whats this got to do with this thread.....................Hornets new signing????

RUGBY LEAGUE WITHOUT ROCHDALE HORNETS IS LIKE AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL, THERES NO POINT?

#12 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:24 AM

You and Fillipo have really got some neck complaining about me abusing people's views when I have been roundly accused of lying for years!

Anyway, the time is coming when everyone who wants to show the board how it's done gets a chance and my money's on not one of the whingers putting up for election. Why? Well your guess is as good as mine, maybe they really think that this current board are doing as much as possible with the money they have to work with but can't bring themselves to admit it or they just lack the stones to put their head above the parapet and prefer just sniping at the people who do.

One more variable I'd like to bring into the equation, earlier this season I offered everyone the chance to put their views forward as a piece for the programme with nothing off-limits! Anyone care to guess how many articles I got???

Yes, you've got it right, NONE!! All the moaning and belly-aching on here but not one of 'em would put something together for a programme piece, I don't really think anyone will be surprised though will they.

By the way, IF anyone does want to get involved in the election of the board you must be a member and you can join by getting in touch with the club for as little as £20!!!

Pugwash.
Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#13 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:36 AM

You and Fillipo have really got some neck complaining about me abusing people's views when I have been roundly accused of lying for years!

Anyway, the time is coming when everyone who wants to show the board how it's done gets a chance and my money's on not one of the whingers putting up for election. Why? Well your guess is as good as mine, maybe they really think that this current board are doing as much as possible with the money they have to work with but can't bring themselves to admit it or they just lack the stones to put their head above the parapet and prefer just sniping at the people who do.

One more variable I'd like to bring into the equation, earlier this season I offered everyone the chance to put their views forward as a piece for the programme with nothing off-limits! Anyone care to guess how many articles I got???

Yes, you've got it right, NONE!! All the moaning and belly-aching on here but not one of 'em would put something together for a programme piece, I don't really think anyone will be surprised though will they.

By the way, IF anyone does want to get involved in the election of the board you must be a member and you can join by getting in touch with the club for as little as £20!!!

Pugwash.

Hey, it's the monthly make yourself a member advert. Ill read it again, because I'd forgot what you need to do?
Pathetic.
Phil Bull.

#14 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:52 AM

Hey, it's the monthly make yourself a member advert. Ill read it again, because I'd forgot what you need to do?
Pathetic.

Pot. Kettle. Black.
Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

#15 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:11 AM

I am a member due to my sponsorship (apparently) I'm not really interested in what goes on at board level. And I'd be surprised if anyone can find a post attacking the board. I'm interested in what is being churned out on a Sunday afternoon.
Does a regular supporter not have the authority to comment on the players, coach, results unless they are a member? My only concern I would have with the board is that the most suitable people at team level whether that be players or coached are brought to this club. As we are upto now having an extremely average season. i mentioned in an earlier post that IT is accountable for the players hes brought/retained at the club, his staff & results. The board are accountable to make sure the club is viable, functional, & the product is sufficient. I have every right to voice my opinions on a SUPPORTERS talking shop.

Will it ever sink in? Not every objectionable post by anyone is a personal attack!!
Phil Bull.

#16 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:39 AM

good luck to Ruari from us Raiders followers

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#17 ornit4ever

ornit4ever
  • Coach
  • 431 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 01:24 PM

good luck to Ruari from us Raiders followers

I  assume  that  you  Raiders  fans  thought  highly  of  him  also?

#18 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:57 AM

I understand he left Manchester Royal at 3am sporting 20 stitches in his face after the bad clash of heads with the Oldham lad. The Oldham player sported a corking black eye in the bar after the game. Thanks for the efforts to McGoff. Hopefully we can get him back for the play offs?

Phil Bull.

#19 Snoopy Loopy

Snoopy Loopy
  • Coach
  • 478 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:16 AM

I understand he left Manchester Royal at 3am sporting 20 stitches in his face after the bad clash of heads with the Oldham lad. The Oldham player sported a corking black eye in the bar after the game. Thanks for the efforts to McGoff. Hopefully we can get him back for the play offs?

Yeah hope he is okay, but think that could be the end of his spell as I'm sure I read he was already due to be unavailable for play offs due to commitments with Canada national team

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users