Us v Hunslet

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#21 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,746 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:17 PM

Keep going that's another 3 points for you if there's any justice this year the bottom 2 will stay where they are. Good luck for the rest of the season

#22 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:27 PM

I thought the first half was an excellent performance against a very poor Hunslet side. At half time I looked forward to a score of 50 but no. I thought the second half was a total disgrace and showed to me why Barrow and Hunslet are at the wrong end of the league. The 2nd half started brightly enough with tries almost scored by Haggerty & Campbell. After that it was dreadful. No points after half time.  2 penalties given away after bad kicks following Hunslet tries together with 1 lost scrum following our feed. he tackling in the 2nd half were so fragile and slow.

A lot of the problems seemed to me to happen after Mossop was substituted. As far as I could see the whole of the Barrow attack seems to speed up when he is on the field. I'm very puzzled that he is so often substituted.

Posted Image

#23 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:31 PM

Good score for you guys up to now. Keep it up. Also how's benny going on his debut? ( that's if he's playing of course).

Quality player wouldn't mind him on a proper contract

#24 off the wall

off the wall
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:54 PM

well first can I say well done ref. I hope mr hewer and a few others watch your performance today as imo you are the best ref up here all season and that not just because we won.

second half we thought we had it in the bag and backed off a bit and this gave hunslet the chance to get back into the game and credit to em they gave us a nail biter.

another dvd for holty to look at im afraid. we have got to start learning from mistakes and play our sets out, cant believe how many lost balls one on one and off loads. great result lads but lets try a bit more composure and no panic rugby.

the run in is going to be crazy and lets not leave it till last home game as it looks like keighly  are getting a bit of form now and my heart wont take these nail biters.

#25 joe142

joe142
  • Coach
  • 394 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:01 PM

what were the two new lads like?

If you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough, when you get knocked down you gotta get back up...

#26 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:07 PM

Why does Holty keep taking Mossop off?
Cannot weigh up this hooker rotation trend unless you have two great number 9s !!!!! Aaaarrrrrggghhhhhh!!!!!!

Posted Image

#27 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:21 PM

We really need to get rid of casey, he's a waste and a liability! Can't catch, can't kick half the time, always injuried and never really does anything in attack, can't wait till kaighans fit!

#28 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:26 PM

A win is a win though! 7 pts from the last 9 ain't bad !
  • RSN likes this

Posted Image

#29 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:34 PM

We really need to get rid of casey, he's a waste and a liability! Can't catch, can't kick half the time, always injuried and never really does anything in attack, can't wait till kaighans fit!

Disagree with that. Casey organises the team very well for his age. His kicking game was off today but for the majority of this season it's been rather good. His passing game has been very good this season, he doesn't have much of a running game but I feel Campbell makes up for that when he plays at 7.

Casey at 6 and Campbell at 7 are more than capable of cutting it at this level.

Edited by barrowraiderskid, 21 July 2013 - 05:35 PM.

#30 richie keay

richie keay

Tipping Comp Winner

• Coach
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:48 PM

Another typical Barrow performance today where we were world beaters 1st half and looked like a poor amateur team in the 2nd. I really thought we could run up a cricket score at half time but what happened after the break really had to be seen to be believed, a real nail biter in the end when the game should have been well and truely put to bed. On the plus side I thought Mossop was outstanding today and the 2 new lads fitted in well. I still can't believe we didn't score a single point after the break, the game can be summed up by us loosing a scrum inside our own half with our head and feed, that should never ever happen in the modern game, especially the way the scrum half feeds the scrum. Great to get the 3 points but a really hollow victory in the end.

Posted Image

#31 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,181 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:01 PM

It was a win but it feels like a loss. Awful second half.

Spot on Ron

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#32 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:27 PM

Some fans don't half make me laugh. You scored most of your points on the back of Hunslet's stupid offloads gifting you the ball and field position, which apparently makes you world beaters / excellent. Then second half Hunslet scored off the back of some good attack mixed in with some poor play from yourselves and that makes you awful.

The game can be summed up in the following, two poor teams neither of which understand controlling the game.

As for mossop he was indeed very good, but its pretty easier being dummy half when there are 2/3 defenders left on the ground when your man is playing the ball. This isn't to take away from him, he used the space well and it was good work in attack to get so many quick play the balls despite the number of tacklers.

#33 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,118 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:45 PM

Quality player wouldn't mind him on a proper contract

Glad to hear benny had a good debut and glad you guys won.

#34 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:53 PM

Some fans don't half make me laugh. 

As for mossop he was indeed very good, but its pretty easier being dummy half when there are 2/3 defenders left on the ground when your man is playing the ball. This isn't to take away from him, he used the space well and it was good work in attack to get so many quick play the balls despite the number of tacklers.

That's part of his job isn't it. :onthequiet:

#35 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:54 PM

The league table is now:

Fev         51 points

Sheff       49

Fax          47

Leigh       43

Batley      43

Haven      33

Dews       31

Town        29

Dony         27

Keighley    27

RAIDERS  24

York         23

Hunslet    21

Swinton    20

Barrow still have to play

28/7   Donny  away

4/8     Fax  home

11/8   Batley  away

18/8   Town  home

22/8   Swinton  away

1/9     Keighley  home

Posted Image

#36 MABOWN

MABOWN
  • Coach
  • 154 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

I was impressed with Ben Hellewell today! Retuned the ball well, I think he's got backhouse covered in being the ugliest at the club to lol

#37 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:11 PM

The league table is now:
Fev 51 points
Sheff 49
Fax 47
Leigh 43
Batley 43
Haven 33
Dews 31
Town 29
Dony 27
Keighley 27
RAIDERS 24
York 23
Hunslet 21
Swinton 20

Barrow still have to play
28/7 Donny away
4/8 Fax home
11/8 Batley away
18/8 Town home
22/8 Swinton away
1/9 Keighley home

Can't see much joy from next 3 games but final 3 games are where we should pick up at least 7 pts. Can see the relegation fight going down to last weekend of season!

Posted Image

#38 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:20 PM

Disagree with that. Casey organises the team very well for his age. His kicking game was off today but for the majority of this season it's been rather good. His passing game has been very good this season, he doesn't have much of a running game but I feel Campbell makes up for that when he plays at 7.

Casey at 6 and Campbell at 7 are more than capable of cutting it at this level.

Campbell shouldn't have to make up for casey being so useless though, easily have kaighan over him

#39 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:00 PM

Campbell shouldn't have to make up for casey being so useless though, easily have kaighan over him

I didn't state Casey was useless, I stated he didn't have a running game which a lot of halves don't have at this level.

#40 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:12 PM

3 points are a massive boost to the club but was that 2nd half a confidence blow to the players ?

(If only here) but, if only we got that 1st try we bombed in the 2nd half the half would have been very different, we probably would have put 50 into them and the confidence would be sky high with 7 out 9 points & a big home win. 

Hope we take our points form into the Donny game & coming home with a BP shouldn't be a shock, but as York away got a monkey off our back im going for a moral boosting win for the lads :) stranger things happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users